Spartan IVs, Blue Team, and Halo 4

Spartan IVs are the UNSC’s newest generation of Spartans. These individuals are being trained at the UNSC Infinity by high ranking war veterans and officials alike. They are primarily made up of adult volunteers, mainly extremely talented marines and ODSTs, but original Spartan IIs and Spartan IIIs have been integrated into the program as well.

It is likely that these new Spartans have received safer and more advanced augmentations than the original Spartans had, and it only makes sense that they’re equipped with the Mark VII MJOLNIR armor, too. Even though we’ve barely had a glimpse at the armor, we can assume that it will, of course, operate much more efficiently than the previous models and is going to be very advanced.

This may be what the armor will look like, but keep in mind that it is only a concept and may even be an artistic adaptation of Mark VI

If following in the footsteps of its predecessors, it will most likely feature multiple variants, such as EVA and Scout, and brand new ones.

I’m really hoping Scout will return! It’s my favorite.

Spartan IVs in Halo 4: I do believe that Spartan IVs will make their way into Halo 4’s story. This is plausible because there is a numerous amount of evidence and speculation that the UNSC Infinity, the ship where the program is being conducted, will arrive on the shield world where Master Chief is, carrying Spartan IVs along with it.

Blue Team: I have a feeling that Blue Team (Fred, Kelly, and Linda) is finally going to make an in-game appearance in the series. You know how the Spartan IV program is taking in original Spartans? Now, it wouldn’t make sense if they weren’t adapted into this program. Why? Because they are very valuable assets and have had a large amount of experience on the battlefield. Perfect for training the new Spartans.

I believe that Blue Team is going to make its way into Halo 4 by the Infinity, along with the other Spartan IVs. I can’t imagine why the most experienced members of the original Spartan programs wouldn’t be present on the Infinity when it lands in the shield world, and their reuniting with John would be emotional, considering Master Chief thinks Blue Team is dead and vice versa. Would also make for some sweet Co-op play.

Volunteers: As mentioned above, the Spartan IV program volunteers are mostly made up of very combat-experienced and talented ODSTs and possibly even incredibly skilled marines. Remaining Spartan IIs and Spartan IIIs are also taking part in the program, which means that they could be seeing combat once again.

Returning Characters: Along with Blue Team, I believe characters relatively well-known to the series will make a reappearance via the Spartan IV program. For instance, I personally think that Edward Buck from Halo 3 ODST will be one of the candidates for the new program, considering he is a very combat-experienced, skilled leader, as well as an ODST. Hey, “If he was any better, he’d be a Spartan.” Well, maybe he will be.

There’s also a chance that Jun from Reach will be included, too. Hopefully he’s a little more serious this time. Frankie even hints in Halo A to Z that a member of NOBLE Team survived the fall of Reach, and it’s most likely that he was encouraged to be recruited into the Spartan IV program.

Hey, maybe even Stacker has volunteered for the program. Every Halo game needs a Stacker appearance. Oh, why’d Johnson have to die? He’d be an excellent leader for the new Spartans.

So, yeah, there’s a good chance that we’ll be seeing some Spartan IVs, Blue Team, and other iconic characters in Halo 4.

Thanks for reading, guys!

> I personally think that Edward Buck from Halo 3 ODST will be one of the candidates for the new program

Yes!

> > I personally think that Edward Buck from Halo 3 ODST will be one of the candidates for the new program
>
> Yes!

It only makes sense, right?

> > > I personally think that Edward Buck from Halo 3 ODST will be one of the candidates for the new program
> >
> > Yes!
>
> It only makes sense, right?

They should reveal it in some epic way. Buck saves chief from something Bucks takes off helmet Slowly pans to his face Says some cheasy Buck line :smiley:

> > > I personally think that Edward Buck from Halo 3 ODST will be one of the candidates for the new program
> >
> > Yes!
>
> It only makes sense, right?

That’s if he survived the Covenant, Flood, and possible trip to the Ark, and anything that occurred after Halo 3 that wasn’t covered in Glasslands.

> > > > > I personally think that Edward Buck from Halo 3 ODST will be one of the candidates for the new program
> > > >
> > > > Yes!
> > >
> > > It only makes sense, right?
> >
> > That’s if he survived the Covenant, Flood, and possible trip to the Ark, and anything that occurred after Halo 3 that wasn’t covered in Glasslands.
>
> Let’s hope he’s still alive. If he survived the Liberation of Harvest, the Fall of Reach, and the Battle of Earth, I think that he can survive anything thrown his way.

It would be so awesome if Buck made a return in Halo 4 along side all of these other characters,and it would make perfect sense that they all could return.Wow,it fits together well,because this is supposed to be a really gripping tale about the Master Chief and his long legacy,and for Blue Team to at least show up,that would add to the surprise emotional twist,along with Spartan IV’s.

> It would be so awesome if Buck made a return in Halo 4 along side all of these other characters,and it would make perfect sense that they all could return.Wow,it fits together well,because this is supposed to be a really gripping tale about the Master Chief and his long legacy,and for Blue Team to at least show up,that would add to the surprise emotional twist,along with Spartan IV’s.

Yep. 343 has such a great way to finally introduce Blue Team into the Halo games, and to allow characters to return.

But I’m sure they’ve already taken this idea into consideration long before I even created this thread.

If they decide to introduce Blue Team to the game, there needs to be a squad command system.

I would enjoy this quite a lot! This would be perfect for coop system :slight_smile:

The fact they are using adults should tell you of their capabilities. Spartan IIs and IIIs were taken as children, which have more genetic “Malleability” and can thusly have more radical changes induced of their bodies, particularly IIs because of their better genes. While I see it as odd that they will put other Spartans into the program I don’t think thats its nessessariliy a bad thing, but not one that is needed.

As for Blue Team showing up…I kinda doubt it but anything is possible. I’d personally like to see Jorge pop out of slip space and join Chief on his magical adventures.

I completely agree with everything you’ve said. I’m actually surprised that the haters havn’t showed up yet. Mostly to complain about how there should be no other Spartans besides Chief and that its the Mark VI, etc. Its inevitable one way or another, but still good to see that this is a positive thread currently.

> I’d personally like to see Jorge pop out of slip space and join Chief on his magical adventures.

Everyone aboard the Cole sorry Jorge-train :wink:
I too would love for the “big guy” to return, he was the only noble member that I ever cared about, that had a somewhat believable personality.
OnT:
I’m quite sure Chief will get “reinforcements” from some of the old characters, the concept art shows cheif with other humanoids and some might even be spartans. It would make sense to introduce new characters, to let us get some “squad gameplay” worth the name, a dedicated sniper AI/ally, maybe even give them some simple commands/orders.
Would also make it easer for MS to make ODST-like spin-off games in the future :wink:

> Spartan IVs

As far as we know, the Spartan-IVs were stationed on the Infinity. We do not know where they are exactly. Everything else though does seem right on the money.

> Mark VII MJOLNIR armor

In a practical sense, yes, but it presents some problems for me when evaluating the lore. I have to wonder where the funding for Mk.VII came from. Earth is still in ruins by the time Glasslands takes place, but while everyone is still digging through the rubble, ONI has managed to fund ships with Forerunner upgrades, stuff that has yet to be accounted for prior to Trevylan being opened up, and a new Spartan program, yet I’m sure such money would be better spent rebuilding the remnants of the human planets. I also find it odd that MJOLNIR can be mass produced to easily now. True, ONI got private coporations involved, yet it didn’t seem to have that big of an effect because the S-IIIs were still given crappy SPI armor due to budget issues. Yet now a new breed of supersolider can get cutting-edge armor?

Just a detail that irks me.

> Armor improvement

Without a doubt, every new edition of the armor improved upon the previous version.

> New armor

Again, I have to wonder how all of this is getting paid for. I know it sounds like a petty complaint, but I just struggle to accept the UNSC and ONI instantly bouncing back economically after a 30+ year war that causes unparalleled amounts of damamge.

> S-IVs in Halo 4

Perhaps, but consider the following. Unless you’ve read the novels, you are going to have a lot of lost gamers trying to figure out what the Spartan-IVs are. You saw the confusuin about S-IIIs with Halo: Reach, it’ll only be worse with Halo 4 and S-IVs. Not to mention, there will continue to be post-war novels, so not every concept can just be crammed into the games.

> Blue Team in Halo 4

To me, I think they should remain book characters. The Halo Universe on the book end of things still has a lot of problems like the rebels returing, hostile tension with the Elites and even the looming Precursor threat. Who else is going to help defend humanity from all of these threats?

> Blue Team in Co-Op

A problem on the co-op side. Canonically, they really wouldn’t be able to be used in the beginning since it will likely be set on the remnants of the Foreward Unto Dawn. It would be wierd to jump from 4 Chiefs, to Chief and his crew. And then we have to make sure the players know who they are and give them reasons to care. Gears of War 3 introduced charcaters from it’s comics and books and failed to make anyone care about these caharacters.

> Retrurning characters

I think Buck would be a great candidiate, but does he need to be in the game? I love Nathan Fillion, but I would rather soem things be surprises. At this point it seems like you want a lot og stuff crammed into Halo 4, leaving very little for the next two games to use.

> Jun

I really don’t see why Jun needs to survive Reach, I really don’t. He wasn’t really that popular of a charcater and even then, he isn’t that important in the grand scheme of things. And even if he survived the events of Reach we played through, we know he was nowhere present when John resuced everyone on Reach. Somehow, I find it odd ONI or whoever would break past the Covenant fleet above Reach, grab a single Spartan whilst leaving plenty of S-IIs to die, and somehow risk escaping Reach.

> Johnson

He’s served his purpose frankly. We all loved him, but sometimes charcaters just have to die.

> Thanks for reading

Please don’t take anything I posted as an insult to you, I just think from what I see the fans want and what 343 is hinting at, Halo 4 is just going to be…sychzophrenic with all of these concepts. It would really ruin the sense of mystery the Legendary Planet has if all this stuff is added. Not beyond it happening later on, but it seems too soon for my tatses.

I approve of this thread.

Well now we know we’re good for a cast of great characters if we need them. :smiley:

It’d be cool if Jun were to return, and possibly even Jorge (either if Jun doesn’t show in 4, or Jorge to be in in 5 or 6) if the story allowed for it. I love both of their characters.

Buck could play the comedic relief role.

Also, what’s this I’m hearing about a 343 Guilty Spark copy, recently?

Jun is dead in all likely hood, and the pressurized air in Jorge’s armor would have depleted long before even the end of Halo CE, so he is dead as well.

And I really don’t want to hear any more corny lines from Nathan Fillion, it’s bad enough he is all over Bungie’s new game anyway.

> It’d be cool if Jun were to return, and possibly even Jorge (either if Jun doesn’t show in 4, or Jorge to be in in 5 or 6) if the story allowed for it. I love both of their characters.

Jorge is dead, the Halo Essential Visual Guide confirms this. Jun is still maybe alive, something the Essential Visu Guide also ascertains.

> Also, what’s this I’m hearing about a 343 Guilty Spark copy, recently?

I think people are getting confused about this.

343 Guilty Spark isn’t really back. Chakas was a Monitor. ONI recovered him. Chakas told his story. CHakas referenced Guilty Spark as a seperate individual. Chakas, in his Monitor form died as far as anyone knew. The scientists gave him the name “343 Guilty Spark” as a placeholder name and as a way to boost moral. What moral, I don’t really know, but nobody was willing to confirm he was Guilty Spark. Spark may have been created from a fragment of Chakas, perhaps even all of the Halo Monitors. But they are seperate individuals, Chakas and Spark. Hell, Chakas knew things Spark had no way of knowing, like the Librarian being alive…which I have trouble believeing.

They’re some interesting concepts OP. And i really enjoy talking to people like you.

1. I really would love to see Blue team in game… Its been a long waiting dream.
  2. Buck as a spartan, well if this does not makes sense than ive surely have had a recent warping or reality.
  3. Infinity. Since i finished classlands, i need to know more about this ship. Its said to be filled with Forerunner tech and house hundreds of the NOVA nukes. (these are the world destroyers talked about in Ghosts of Onyx)

> 3) Infinity. Since i finished classlands, i need to know more about this ship. Its said to be filled with Forerunner tech and house hundreds of the NOVA nukes. (these are the world destroyers talked about in Ghosts of Onyx)

Forerunner tech, yes. 100s of NOVA nukes? I really doubt that.

> classlands

Dur, I think you mean Grasslands. They’re so pretty.