Spartan IV Recruits and Armor

How come the Spartan IV recruits seem to have a steel and gold coloration but Thorne, who was recruit got his armor blue,Is it because he is part of a team? Do Spartans recruits who are not part of a team sport the steel and gold color? Do all recruits sport steel and gold or do some have a special privilege like Davis and Thomas who had their armor Gold and Sage?

I don’t think there is a canonical explanation. I’ve always assumed that those Spartans were the new Spartan IV recruits who haven’t unlocked access to the new armor configs yet and Steel and Gold is the standard color.

Yeah I mean I just assume that the Spartan-IVs with Steel/Gold Recruit armor are the most basic, new Spartans not assigned to any team or anything like that. While I like the color scheme, I do wish they were standard military green. Anyway Thorne’s color definitely has to do with the fact he is a member of Majestic. As for Davis and Thomas, I’d say that their color isn’t standard only because they were some of the first Spartan-IVs and therefore they got some special privileges.

Don’t those SIV’s have a Recon piece on one of their shoulders and therefore aren’t recruits in the first place?

> 2535473152030881;4:
> Don’t those SIV’s have a Recon piece on one of their shoulders and therefore aren’t recruits in the first place?

I don’t think so. Default Recruit has 2 different non matching shoulder pieces.

they couldve just been part of a black and gold unit…

Default armour