Spartan II's in Halo 5?

Spartan IIs: There are a total of fifteen Spartan IIs still alive. (John-117, Kelly-087, Frederic-104, Linda-058, Naomi-010, Jerome-092, Alice-130, Douglas-042, Adriana-111, Jai-006, Mike-120, Black One, Black Two, Black Three, and Black Four.) Obviously Master Chief is going to be in Halo 5, but could any of the others be included?

Imagine if they were, how awesome would that be? Being able to fight alongside other Spartans in campaign would be amazing.

Crosses finger, closes eys

Blue Team, Blue Team, Blue Team.

Sounds pretty awesome to me. Fighting along side Spartan IVs was not much more exciting than fighting along side ODSTs in Halo 2 on Delta Halo. I’d also like to play as a Spartan II in multiplayer rather than Spartan IVs.

We’ll probably be stuck with Spartan IVs in multiplayer because something possessed 343 to try and make it as “canon” as possible.

But please, can we get one game that recognizes the existence of Blue Team. Some of the remaining Spartan IIIs such as the Beta company survivors and Gamma company would be neat too.

Yeah you are probably right, unfortunately. I have a bad feeling about it…

Jerome-092, Alice-130 and Douglas-042 are still on the spirit of fire but it will make an appearance in the next halo escalation comics.
So its possible depending what happens in the comic.

There is evidence Blue team will be in Halo 5 see it here.

I’ll just add this as thread #8 in my list of topics in the XboxOne section alone that support the idea of the other Spartan-IIs being in the next Halo games. And I have yet to come up with a reason (nor has anyone been able to provide me with one) for the Spartans - Kelly-087, Fred-104, and Linda-058 in particular - being left out of the games in a way that is both logical and benefits the narrative. At this point it really just makes no sense for them to be written out of the story again. Hopefully we’ll see them fighting alongside the Chief again and helping him save the universe in the next installments.

> Imagine if they were, how awesome would that be? Being able to fight alongside other Spartans in campaign would be amazing.

Meh, fighting along fellow Spartans in Halo Reach and Halo 4 never materialized into anything that spectacular even though gameplay has never respected the differences between the Spartan grades. Now if 343 tried to evolve their AI a bit then we might see some more interesting combat interactions (at the level we would expect from a Spartan), but as it is there’s just something depressing or simply disconcerting, in having to carry a squad of between 3 and 5 other you’s without anything to justify the tremendous gulf between player driven and AI spartan’s except the implicit and thoroughly disingenuous “oh, you’re just that awesome.” Might as well just use marines.

> We’ll probably be stuck with Spartan IVs in multiplayer because something possessed 343 to try and make it as “canon” as possible.
>
> But please, can we get one game that recognizes the existence of Blue Team. Some of the remaining Spartan IIIs such as the Beta company survivors and Gamma company would be neat too.

To be fair, Halo 4 does acknowledge Blue Team’s existence. Kelly and Linda are both mentioned by service number, and in CEA, you can find the room where Linda’s cryo pod is. You’ll see her vitals on a screen. :slight_smile:

(Off topic, but I do like canon multiplayer a lot. It’s more immersive for me.)

Anyway. I would absolutely love to see other SPARTAN-IIs in this game’s campaign, and especially SPARTAN-IIIs. IIIs aren’t touched as much as the IIs, but I would lose my mind if Fred, Kelly, and Linda showed up.

Okay, this whole ‘I want to play as a Spartan II in multiplayer! S-IVs suck!’ is starting to piss me off. Compared to the chief, they are EXACTLY the same in game play. It doesn’t matter. If it bothers you that much, just pretend you are playing as an S-II. It’s an entirely empty complaint.

Personally, I’d be perfectly fine playing as a undefined Spartan Generation.

Just to point something out.
The concept of War Games is canon. Much of what happens when we go play Matchmaking (tbags, respawn, AFK’S…) is not.
Elites not being on Halo 4’s MP is most likely due to time constraints, and not it being “canon”. The WG simulator can project Elites anyway.

On-topic.
Really being waiting to see Blue team (or pretty much any other Spartan team) on a game forever… I really hope they bring some of them in soon.

Also, I would like Taham and Sraom (the Elites that the 3rd and 4th players got on Halo 3’s campaign) get some stories as well.

> There is evidence Blue team will be in Halo 5 see it here.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcSowHB6Lu0&feature=player_detailpage

This video brings up some really awesome points. I loved Star Wars: Republic Commando, so adding a squad mechanic to control Blue Team would be awesome.

Plus, he brings up a point about if they’re tasked to eliminate Halsey or retaliate and it’s S-IIs vs S-IVs. How awesome would that be?! And I see it going like, you fight alongside the S-IVs for part of the game, but one of the Blue Team Spartans gets the cold shoulder for an S-IV. The entire game, that Spartan could be thinking suspicious things about the S-IVs. During this time, Blue Team wouldn’t be told about the mission to kill Halsey for fear of them retaliating because she’s like their mother. So, what happens is that they find out, the S-II with the cold shoulder tells them he/she had a bad feeling about them, they retaliate, and it’s S-II vs S-IV from there.

I would absolutely HATE that. The Blue Team going rogue is uncharacteristic, as well as the S-IV’s being hostile towards them.

Even if they are firm in the belief that Halsey is their mother, in a sense, they have always had their first priority on the UNSC and the Human Race. The S-2’s were indoctrinated from birth to believe they were the protectors of Earth and her Colonies. Even Naomi grew to dislike Halsey. And knowing the survivors of Blue team, they would be appalled by the truth.

If we get Blue Team in gameplay then we better not have a severely unbalanced campaign like we had in Reach where Legendary can be ruined by NPC Noble Team units…

If they do show up, I want a scene where they do the hand-signals for a smile. I thought the scene where the spartans reunited in First Strike was pretty sweet. I want something like that.

> If we get Blue Team in gameplay then we better not have a severely unbalanced campaign like we had in Reach where Legendary can be ruined by NPC Noble Team units…

I don’t think Legendary difficulty in Reach was ruined at all by Noble Team’s presence, and it seemed like a lot of the time they’d be off doing support things while you still did a lot of the fighting yourself. In my opinion Halo 4’s Legendary mode wasn’t even half as hard as Reach’s - and in Halo 4 you really do fight almost every level alone.

So the same principles could apply if Blue Team were your NPC squaddies; they’d sometimes be off doing support work while the player (as the Chief) fights through an area/level/etc. alone, keeping in touch via the COMs. Then at other times they could still come in and fight directly with you either one at a time or as a group.

Did any of you know that Jai’s last name is Thompson.

> 2533274863890109;1:
> Spartan IIs: There are a total of fifteen Spartan IIs still alive. (John-117, Kelly-087, Frederic-104, Linda-058, Naomi-010, Jerome-092, Alice-130, Douglas-042, Adriana-111, Jai-006, Mike-120, Black One, Black Two, Black Three, and Black Four.) Obviously Master Chief is going to be in Halo 5, but could any of the others be included?
>
> Imagine if they were, how awesome would that be? Being able to fight alongside other Spartans in campaign would be amazing.

Black Team was destroyed by the Didact on INSTALLATION 03. I’m pretty sure that this was known at the time of OP.

> 2533274836465274;19:
> > 2533274863890109;1:
> > Spartan IIs: There are a total of fifteen Spartan IIs still alive. (John-117, Kelly-087, Frederic-104, Linda-058, Naomi-010, Jerome-092, Alice-130, Douglas-042, Adriana-111, Jai-006, Mike-120, Black One, Black Two, Black Three, and Black Four.) Obviously Master Chief is going to be in Halo 5, but could any of the others be included?
> >
> > Imagine if they were, how awesome would that be? Being able to fight alongside other Spartans in campaign would be amazing.
>
>
> Black Team was destroyed by the Didact on INSTALLATION 03. I’m pretty sure that this was known at the time of OP.

Actually they were flash clones that were copied from black team unlike the ones that were used when the SII conscripts were abducted these ones don’t die and black team is still Mia at installation 1-4