Spartan II physical bodies

Has anyone else wondered why 343 has made the Spartan II’s look anorexic with barely any muscle mass on their bodies? I remember in the Halo 2, 3 and reach days, the Spartans looked huge like they should look. In the book the Coke protocol they are described as looking like body builders, and that was shown in the original games but now they have started to look like lanky people who go for a run and do a few press ups once a day.

Can we please go back to the overexagerated physical attributes of the Spartan II’s? They are supposed to be superhuman and look unrealistic because of the augmentations they have been given. I can understand that the Spartan IV’s would be slimmer having been given augmentations as adults and not trained from the age of 6 with the best genetics and training. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, have a look at how small chief looks at the end of Halo 4 when his armour is coming off.

I doubt this is how super soldiers look. and yes, even if the Spartan IV’s are ‘stretched out’ this is just too small, and Spartan II should not be this little either.

> 2533274881560701;2:
> I doubt this is how super soldiers look.

Exactly, but you can kind of understand that the Spartan IV’s would look smaller in general, it’s really something that has bothered me

Yeah I think that too. The player should never be more muscular than a roided super soldier from 500 years in the future. Ive seen present day people on roids and let me tell you, technology surely wouldnt decline in that medical field over 500 years

Back in my day, we had buff Spartans…

> 2535455771499455;5:
> Back in my day, we had buff Spartans…

Pepperidge farm remembers xD

> 2533274846706692;6:
> > 2535455771499455;5:
> > Back in my day, we had buff Spartans…
>
>
> Pepperidge farm remembers xD

Maybe you buy some of Pepperidge Farm’s sausages and 343 will forget…

In all seriousness, I agree. Ancient Spartans in 300 look more buff than the lls in 5, kinda sad because augmentations and 500 years of progress for super steroids (well… 500 from now I mean)

Just bring back chief. We all loved him

I look more buff than most of these Spartans and I don’t even work outu

The Coke Protocol? Is 343 making beverage-promotional novels, now?

The Spartans II look like Olympic athletes after their augmentations, with their strength being amplified. Most Olympic athletes are just extremely cut and lean, which is why they look like they do. It’s almost like how Spider-Man is a teenager but can lift 5 tons. That’s basically the Spartans. Fred’s profile says in it, “he’s not too muscular but not too skinny, and would blend in perfectly with a crowd.” They aren’t supposed to look like body builders, they are just supposed to function like them.

Not all strong people are huge.

> 2533274966740771;11:
> The Spartans II look like Olympic athletes after their augmentations, with their strength being amplified. Most Olympic athletes are just extremely cut and lean, which is why they look like they do. It’s almost like how Spider-Man is a teenager but can lift 5 tons. That’s basically the Spartans. Fred’s profile says in it, “he’s not too muscular but not too skinny, and would blend in perfectly with a crowd.” They aren’t supposed to look like body builders, they are just supposed to function like them.

Tell me, which of these bodies appears closer to an athletic male who takes care of himself and engages in frequent exercise and physical activity not to mention heavily augmented?
Front Image.Back Image.

> 2533274881560701;13:
> > 2533274966740771;11:
> > The Spartans II look like Olympic athletes after their augmentations, with their strength being amplified. Most Olympic athletes are just extremely cut and lean, which is why they look like they do. It’s almost like how Spider-Man is a teenager but can lift 5 tons. That’s basically the Spartans. Fred’s profile says in it, “he’s not too muscular but not too skinny, and would blend in perfectly with a crowd.” They aren’t supposed to look like body builders, they are just supposed to function like them.
>
>
> Tell me, which of these bodies appears closer to an athletic male who takes care of himself and engages in frequent exercise and physical activity not to mention heavily augmented.
>
> Front Image.Back Image.

They both look the same.

> 2533274846706692;1:
> the Coke protocol

I’m dying XD

> 2533274895603860;14:
> > 2533274881560701;13:
> > > 2533274966740771;11:
> > > The Spartans II look like Olympic athletes after their augmentations, with their strength being amplified. Most Olympic athletes are just extremely cut and lean, which is why they look like they do. It’s almost like how Spider-Man is a teenager but can lift 5 tons. That’s basically the Spartans. Fred’s profile says in it, “he’s not too muscular but not too skinny, and would blend in perfectly with a crowd.” They aren’t supposed to look like body builders, they are just supposed to function like them.
> >
> >
> > Tell me, which of these bodies appears closer to an athletic male who takes care of himself and engages in frequent exercise and physical activity not to mention heavily augmented.
> >
> > Front Image.Back Image.
>
>
> They both look the same.

They are the same core model, A being the unaltered 343 Halo 5 Spartan Male body. B has had: His waist width reduced, his chest and shoulders made firmer, biceps and forearms slightly increased, his groin and waist brought down a couple of inches to make a more appropriate torso/leg ratio while still being stylistic and long legged. He has also had some leg day to increase leg mass.

The core shape and details are nearly identical. Essentially, I made B look more like someone who engages in regular/heavy physical activities and more proportional while conforming to the core 343 size of A.

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that the great majority of a Spartan’s strength doesn’t come from their augmentations, but the MJOLNIR armor. The augmentations did give their 14 year old bodies the strength of an adult Olympic athlete, but were done simply for their bodies to be able to survive wearing the armor. Also, the models look the way they do more than likely just for scaling reasons; Spartans look a lot more believable than Gears of War characters. Go into Campaign or Warzone and stand next to a Marine, the Spartan model is a great deal larger than what could be considered an “average” human.

> 2533274791843328;17:
> Everyone seems to be missing the fact that the great majority of a Spartan’s strength doesn’t come from their augmentations, but the MJOLNIR armor. The augmentations did give their 14 year old bodies the strength of an adult Olympic athlete, but were done simply for their bodies to be able to survive wearing the armor. Also, the models look the way they do more than likely just for scaling reasons; Spartans look a lot more believable than Gears of War characters. Go into Campaign or Warzone and stand next to a Marine, the Spartan model is a great deal larger than what could be considered an “average” human.

I’m not trying to say that Spartans should look like Gears of War or Arnold S. in his prime. I understand that the Mjolnir armor is what amplifies a Spartan’s strength (especially moreso with the IV’s.)

But I just dont think that someone how is injected with a protein complex steroid-esque material, has drastically increased blood flow and nutrient processing along with other augmentations and substantial physical activity and endurance would have stick limbs with a squashed torso as a first image that comes to mind.

They don’t need to be absolutely massive, but I think they should be a bit larger than they are now. And Spartans mostly look large because their armor is really thick in the new art style. I can’t stand to wear skimpy armor because the bulky armor is the only thing making my Spartan look physically useful. Combine that with their increased 7 foot+ scaling to the hunched over average marines, they would look large in comparison regardless.

This is something that bothered me too but then I started to think about it and it made sense. Height has a lot to do with how your muscles look. Spartans are about 7 ft tall so the muscle is much longer and appears slimmer when in fact has as much strength as any other body builder.

It’s like me being 6’1" weighing 205 standing next to a guy who’s 5’10" 205 lbs and we both have the same work out regiment. I guarantee the shorter guy would look stronger.

You are all missing the point. Halo 1-3 had character models not proportionate to a human of that size. (Yes I know they were augmented) however the books clearly state the Spartans still look proportionate, just bigger, scaled up, hold shift and drag the corner not grab any anchor on the box (points if you get that)

Halo reach, 4, and 5 focused on making the Soartans more proportionate to what a person of that size would be. It’s all in the shoulders, they made chief’s too wide in the first 3 games. Spartans now have slim features because their is more accurate undersuit proportions.

-Reach Spartans were short, barley pushing 6.5 and were thin, with bulky armor layers on top, remember the shoulders don’t come up over the color most of the time and show more undersuit, unlike the mark 5-6 from halo 1 2 3

• 4 made them an even closer balence between height and proportion, still no heavy padding over the shoulders, decreasing the bulk look.

-5 is 4 but will a more filled in model that doesn’t seem so thin, and the perfect “scaled” version of a person.

in real life my tall friends are all as strong as my jacked friends, so it makes sense that the Spartans even with bodybuilder bodies would look toned athletic instead becaus of their hieght. It’s also far more believable. Plus it’s hard to cosplay the disproportionate Spartan 2’s from the old trilogy when you have to stuff your shoulders.