Spartan Generations

We should all know that there are different Spartan generations, II, III, and IV.

How about they let us choose which we’re in by adding a minor detail?

Examples of different generations.

II) Linda-058

III) Joshua-G217 (Me!! :D) or just G217

IV) Spartan Thorne

See what I’m getting at?

I know ALOT of you could care less about lore or role playing as your own spartan, but some people like to do it.

Another small thing I would like is for that to be shown on your armor, like what’s shown in some halo media

Notice the 052 on jorges armor

That would be awesome!!!

There were very few S-IIs, so I doubt we’d be allowed to be one of them. But other than that, I think this could work. There are still a few S-IIIs running around (I believe Jun survived Reach and trained the S-IVs?) so that could work, too.

Jun did indeed train the IV’S.

Tom and Lucy are alive, as well as some gamma Spartans

The thing is that many of the surviving Spartan IIIs resigned their current positions and moved on into becoming a Spartan IV. Before Halo 4 was released, 343i mentioned many times that Spartan IVs were UNSC veterans made up of ODSTs and surviving Spartans. However, throughout the Halo 4 campaign it was never mentioned who the Spartan IVs really were.

jorge is actually a spartan II thats why he’s so tall and stronger then the other in noble team

So you think just because they’re scripted into the IV program they just lose their generation tag? I hope not…

What if John gets conscripted into the IV program?

No longer John-117

Just, Spartan John? That’s lame.

I think that “joining” the IV program just means getting the augmentations and armor.

Then again we’ve only seen non Spartans join the IV program.

@Exo, I know Jorge was a II

> So you think just because they’re scripted into the IV program they just lose their generation tag? I hope not…
>
> What if John gets conscripted into the IV program?
>
> No longer John-117
>
> Just, Spartan John? That’s lame.
>
> I think that “joining” the IV program just means getting the augmentations and armor.
>
> Then again we’ve only seen non Spartans join the IV program.
>
> @Exo, I know Jorge was a II

II’s are the strongest. soooo…

I get what your saying but upon looking deeper that doesnt work especially for H5. 343 is all about the S-IV. i myself have always liked S-092 and wore classic Mark IV to show that.

Halo 5 should be about catching the average gamer up to the lore of all the Spartans, that way we know there are other Spartans besides chief

> Halo 5 should be about catching the average gamer up to the lore of all the Spartans, that way we know there are other Spartans besides chief

Thats called master chief collection.

> > Halo 5 should be about catching the average gamer up to the lore of all the Spartans, that way we know there are other Spartans besides chief
>
> Thats called master chief collection.

I said letting fans know of other spartans, not John

> > > Halo 5 should be about catching the average gamer up to the lore of all the Spartans, that way we know there are other Spartans besides chief
> >
> > Thats called master chief collection.
>
> I said letting fans know of other spartans, not John

I think there should be a Mass Effect-styled Codex in Halo. Something that is purely lore that players could check at their leisure. It could include information such as notable Human colonies and planets, a timeline of events in everything Halo, bios of significant characters from the games and novels, weapons and vehicles, etc. Pretty much everything a fan could want straight from the source.

> > > > Halo 5 should be about catching the average gamer up to the lore of all the Spartans, that way we know there are other Spartans besides chief
> > >
> > > Thats called master chief collection.
> >
> > I said letting fans know of other spartans, not John
>
> I think there should be a Mass Effect-styled Codex in Halo. Something that is purely lore that players could check at their leisure. It could include information such as notable Human colonies and planets, a timeline of events in everything Halo, bios of significant characters from the games and novels, weapons and vehicles, etc. Pretty much everything a fan could want straight from the source.

I love this idea o.o

Jorge wasn’t the strongest of Noble Team, and Spartan IIIs aren’t inferior to Spartan IIs.

Spartan IIIs were generally inferior because their SPI armor was considerably weaker than the MJOLNIR armor Spartan IIs were equipped with. Spartan IIIs were entirely capable of wearing MJOLNIR, they just happened to rarely be equipped with it because Spartan IIIs were designed to be mass-produced, and MJOLNIR was difficult to produce on a large scale.

I don’t know how Spartan IVs compare to Spartan IIs/Spartan IIIs, but I would assume they’re not on the same level in general. Noble 6 was easily more capable than most Spartan IIs (other than Master Chief, Noble 6 was stated to be the only other known “hyper lethal vector”) - I doubt there are Spartan IVs who would be considered as capable.

Spartan-IV is made up of old IIs and IIIs as well as IVs.

It also includes your blank slate avatar.

If you want to be a Spartan-II, you are. It’s your story, you get to fill in your own background.

> Jorge wasn’t the strongest of Noble Team, and Spartan IIIs aren’t inferior to Spartan IIs.
>
> Spartan IIIs were generally inferior because their SPI armor was considerably weaker than the MJOLNIR armor Spartan IIs were equipped with. Spartan IIIs were entirely capable of wearing MJOLNIR, they just happened to rarely be equipped with it because Spartan IIIs were designed to be mass-produced, and MJOLNIR was difficult to produce on a large scale.
>
> I don’t know how Spartan IVs compare to Spartan IIs/Spartan IIIs, but I would assume they’re not on the same level in general. Noble 6 was easily more capable than most Spartan IIs (other than Master Chief, Noble 6 was stated to be the only other known “hyper lethal vector”) - I doubt there are Spartan IVs who would be considered as capable.

If they were all naked, Jorge would have been. The S-III augmentations were cheaper, less extensive and safer than the II’s, as they were meant to be suicide troops anyway. The UNSC was throwing them at the Covenant in a hope to slow them down. (Mentioned in Headhunters)

IVs have the same general modifications as II’s, only with a massively reduced risk rate so they all survived (I think.) However, they don’t have the training or mindset of the II’s, as they were mostly ex-ODSTs or marines, meaning they’re less effective, and not, we presume, as lethal.

> > Jorge wasn’t the strongest of Noble Team, and Spartan IIIs aren’t inferior to Spartan IIs.
> >
> > Spartan IIIs were generally inferior because their SPI armor was considerably weaker than the MJOLNIR armor Spartan IIs were equipped with. Spartan IIIs were entirely capable of wearing MJOLNIR, they just happened to rarely be equipped with it because Spartan IIIs were designed to be mass-produced, and MJOLNIR was difficult to produce on a large scale.
> >
> > I don’t know how Spartan IVs compare to Spartan IIs/Spartan IIIs, but I would assume they’re not on the same level in general. Noble 6 was easily more capable than most Spartan IIs (other than Master Chief, Noble 6 was stated to be the only other known “hyper lethal vector”) - I doubt there are Spartan IVs who would be considered as capable.
>
> If they were all naked, Jorge would have been. The S-III augmentations were cheaper, less extensive and safer than the II’s, as they were meant to be suicide troops anyway. The UNSC was throwing them at the Covenant in a hope to slow them down. (Mentioned in Headhunters)
>
> IVs have the same general modifications as II’s, only with a massively reduced risk rate so they all survived (I think.) However, they don’t have the training or mindset of the II’s, as they were mostly ex-ODSTs or marines, meaning they’re less effective, and not, we presume, as lethal.

The Spartan III augmentations gave the same results as the Spartan II augmentations, the only differences being the method of augmentation and the lack of thyroid implant.

There’s no evidence to suggest that the IVs have similar augmentations to the IIs. The IVs have a few augmentations that the IIs and IIIs don’t and we still don’t know the full extent of the IVs augmentations or their full effects.

I see what you mean, and I think it would be a great addition for the fans.

We never get a chance to see what the III’s are fully capable of, although in Ghost of Onyx when they went with hand to hand combat against elites, the elites got completely wiped out