Spartan company overhaul

The new Achilles armour has really increased the attraction of Spartan companies and is the reason I new ones have started growing. But now that I’m in one I’ve noticed they have a lot to improve.

The idea of the companies is to group together to find teams to play with but at the moment the only connection is through halo waypoint, there no in game link what so ever. When I joined I added all 6 people to my friends list on Xbl so now I can play with them, but as the company grows it becomes more inconvenient to add the extra players just so I can play with them. If halo is the only game I want to play with these people then the link should be with halo not Xbl. I propose that in the player roster menu a separate tab is added for Spartan companies along with the recent and friends tabs so you can quickly add players, or if you don’t want to add them , just invite them.

Secondly, commendations for the Spartan company are only viewable on halo waypoint too. A separate set of categories should be added to the in game commendations menu and shovel display the progress and how much you have contributed individualy. This means you can be more active in working towards the goals as the requirements are easily seen.

Another idea expands on Xbox 360 beacons, I don’t know if they are still a feature on Xbox one but on 360 you could add a beacon so your friends new which game you wanted to play. The same principle could be used for which game type you want to play. So you want a team for warzone, send out a Spartan company beacon so all can see.

Great ideas! Thanks for the feedback. We are continuing to explore ways in which we can better tie companies into the game so you don’t have to add all your company members to your XBL friends list (as you point out - if Halo is your only common thread with these people, then you want to keep things focused around the company and Halo).

Appreciate your comments.

> 2533274896382025;4:
> Great ideas! Thanks for the feedback. We are continuing to explore ways in which we can better tie companies into the game so you don’t have to add all your company members to your XBL friends list (as you point out - if Halo is your only common thread with these people, then you want to keep things focused around the company and Halo).
>
> Appreciate your comments.

I played a game with you a few months ago, lol sorry for the random comment it’s just cool to see developer interaction.

Seconded on all of this.

> 2533274857405414;1:
> The new Achilles armour has really increased the attraction of Spartan companies and is the reason I new ones have started growing. But now that I’m in one I’ve noticed they have a lot to improve.
> The idea of the companies is to group together to find teams to play with but at the moment the only connection is through halo waypoint, there no in game link what so ever. When I joined I added all 6 people to my friends list on Xbl so now I can play with them, but as the company grows it becomes more inconvenient to add the extra players just so I can play with them. If halo is the only game I want to play with these people then the link should be with halo not Xbl. I propose that in the player roster menu a separate tab is added for Spartan companies along with the recent and friends tabs so you can quickly add players, or if you don’t want to add them , just invite them.

I love this idea! Maybe this could all be added in a new section under Career? Entering this new section would be a similar version of viewing your Spartan Company on Waypoint and it could show the following…

• List all of members (A list of members that are online could be a new tab when viewing fireteam, friends, recent players)
  • Spartan Company commendations (Clicking on this can give an in-depth view at each commendation)
  • Service Record (Just like on Waypoint)
  • Company message? (Like a message of the day type system that the leader could set. Eg. “We just need the close range commendation, try and get as many close combat medals as you can”)The biggest issue i think 343 are doing is trying to make everything on the website only, this is probably so the website would actually get used. BUT, if the information for everything (medals, spartan companies …etc) were on both the game and site, the website would still get used. You would view your stats in game but then maybe look at past games/information via the website.

Look at Bungie.net, the information on there was perfect and was used for years (even to this day as you can still view your Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo Reach stats on an old version of the site) and the information on there was also in game.

And more stat breakdown within your company to promote a bit of in house competition.

But agree with the fact it should be incorporated into the ALOT more. Especially being able to see everyone from you company who is online.

Agreed.

would make teaming up with fellow Spartan company members easier without adding all of them just for the one game.

This is a great idea and I think would really improve upon companies as a whole and the gaming experience. It certainly would be alot easier to coordinate lol

I think that there should just be a new tab under the “Friends” menu. It should be Fireteam / Friends / Company / Recent. That would be the easiest fix to allow companies to find each other, and see who’s playing what, without adding a ton of people to your Xbox Friends List.
As for the commendations, I don’t mind popping on Waypoint to check out our commendation progress.

They definitely need some better integration in the game’s UI.

> 2533274896382025;4:
> Great ideas! Thanks for the feedback. We are continuing to explore ways in which we can better tie companies into the game so you don’t have to add all your company members to your XBL friends list (as you point out - if Halo is your only common thread with these people, then you want to keep things focused around the company and Halo).
>
> Appreciate your comments.

You should get yourself a special 343/Dev tag for your waypoint account so people know you’re real. Like how moderators have a red moderator tag :slight_smile:
glad you liked my ideas. They would really enhance the experience for me.

These are certainly all great ideas