Spartan Companies and Infinite

So, I had a thought and I was curious if any 343 employee or anyone might respond to this but I have some questions. Will there be something similar to Spartan Companies for Halo Infinite? Will Spartan Companies be reset in order to free up names of inactive companies and accounts that aren’t being used? I was thinking about changing my companies name and the names I want to change it to are all taken by companies with 1 member. So I was just curious if anything is going to be done about inactive companies or freeing up names.

> 2533274875152675;1:
> So, I had a thought and I was curious if any 343 employee or anyone might respond to this but I have some questions. Will there be something similar to Spartan Companies for Halo Infinite? Will Spartan Companies be reset in order to free up names of inactive companies and accounts that aren’t being used? I was thinking about changing my companies name and the names I want to change it to are all taken by companies with 1 member. So I was just curious if anything is going to be done about inactive companies or freeing up names.

Hi! I think 343 re-enlisting all Spartan Company for Halo Infinite with all active member like my Spartan Company

Now, I cant relate to this directly, but I do see what you mean about the inactive companies taking names. Something should probably happen about inactive companies, like if the company is over 6 months old and nobody is in it, then it should be abolished, to give way for other companies to customize. I say 6 months because we still want to be fair to those 1 person companies, there may be a reason they have not been filled. Before they get abolished, the owner should get a warning of sorts.

Honestly feel the whole system needs some serious overhaul. The launch of Spartan Companies only one week before Halo 5 and basically only giving them a raison d’etre of ‘here’s a grind, go forth and multiply’ after what, a year+ of the game being out?

I don’t think resetting Companies is a good idea. Plenty of companies were active early on and dropped off due to RL.

The fact that there was no in-game management was also a major oversight as many players don’t log in to Waypoint regularly.

In terms of names… well unless they follow Gamer tags and start doing Discord Style hashes to allow new companies to be created I don’t see how resetting group names would be fair. I set my company up day 1 of the new system in 2015 and wouldn’t appreciate losing that overnight.

I don’t really mind if they start fresh, but it’s going to be a first come first serve for SC names.

However, if they port over SC from H5 -> Infinite, then yeah they probably could do something about the “inactive” ones, however they define “inactive”.

> 2533274828524404;5:
> I don’t really mind if they start fresh, but it’s going to be a first come first serve for SC names.
>
> However, if they port over SC from H5 -> Infinite, then yeah they probably could do something about the “inactive” ones, however they define “inactive”.

Any company which never went active (hit 4 members) should be fair game. Give a warning notification to take action and if nothing within a month, close it and recycle the name.

> 2533274874872263;6:
> > 2533274828524404;5:
> > I don’t really mind if they start fresh, but it’s going to be a first come first serve for SC names.
> >
> > However, if they port over SC from H5 -> Infinite, then yeah they probably could do something about the “inactive” ones, however they define “inactive”.
>
> Any company which never went active (hit 4 members) should be fair game. Give a warning notification to take action and if nothing within a month, close it and recycle the name.

That’s a fair point. But that could make people/that SC just hit that minimum requirement and still go inactive. I think tracking the activities could help with that in terms of not just having a minimum of 4 member, the SC actually is ‘“active”’ if you know what I mean.

> 2533274828524404;7:
> > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > 2533274828524404;5:
> > > I don’t really mind if they start fresh, but it’s going to be a first come first serve for SC names.
> > >
> > > However, if they port over SC from H5 -> Infinite, then yeah they probably could do something about the “inactive” ones, however they define “inactive”.
> >
> > Any company which never went active (hit 4 members) should be fair game. Give a warning notification to take action and if nothing within a month, close it and recycle the name.
>
> That’s a fair point. But that could make people/that SC just hit that minimum requirement and still go inactive. I think tracking the activities could help with that in terms of not just having a minimum of 4 member, the SC actually is ‘“active”’ if you know what I mean.

Oh yeah absolutely. There’s a huge number of companies which never went active though. For me was a mistake to not have an automatic cut off - you get 6 months to recruit 4 members. After that automatic disband

Yeah I mean, considering how the population for a game, in this case, Halo 5 is 5+ years, can drop off as time passes and new games are released, it’s inevitable that some SC dwindles down to a handful, and eventually inactive.

Or players who had the sudden urge to start an SC to play the game for a month or two and then loses interest, and the number of inactive SC just jumps up exponentially.

> 2533274874872263;8:
> > 2533274828524404;7:
> > > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > > 2533274828524404;5:
> > > > I don’t really mind if they start fresh, but it’s going to be a first come first serve for SC names.
> > > >
> > > > However, if they port over SC from H5 -> Infinite, then yeah they probably could do something about the “inactive” ones, however they define “inactive”.
> > >
> > > Any company which never went active (hit 4 members) should be fair game. Give a warning notification to take action and if nothing within a month, close it and recycle the name.
> >
> > That’s a fair point. But that could make people/that SC just hit that minimum requirement and still go inactive. I think tracking the activities could help with that in terms of not just having a minimum of 4 member, the SC actually is ‘“active”’ if you know what I mean.
>
> Oh yeah absolutely. There’s a huge number of companies which never went active though. For me was a mistake to not have an automatic cut off - you get 6 months to recruit 4 members. After that automatic disband

I like that, there should be a deadline but I honestly don’t know. I think there should be some sort of deadline or challenge companies/clan should have to complete every so often and if its not completed a timer should start. Similar to how Twitch and other businesses releases usernames and such. After so long of no long in or update to the account, it’s deemed inactive and fair game.

> 2533274875152675;10:
> > 2533274874872263;8:
> > > 2533274828524404;7:
> > > > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > > > 2533274828524404;5:
> > > > > I don’t really mind if they start fresh, but it’s going to be a first come first serve for SC names.
> > > > >
> > > > > However, if they port over SC from H5 -> Infinite, then yeah they probably could do something about the “inactive” ones, however they define “inactive”.
> > > >
> > > > Any company which never went active (hit 4 members) should be fair game. Give a warning notification to take action and if nothing within a month, close it and recycle the name.
> > >
> > > That’s a fair point. But that could make people/that SC just hit that minimum requirement and still go inactive. I think tracking the activities could help with that in terms of not just having a minimum of 4 member, the SC actually is ‘“active”’ if you know what I mean.
> >
> > Oh yeah absolutely. There’s a huge number of companies which never went active though. For me was a mistake to not have an automatic cut off - you get 6 months to recruit 4 members. After that automatic disband
>
> I like that, there should be a deadline but I honestly don’t know. I think there should be some sort of deadline or challenge companies/clan should have to complete every so often and if its not completed a timer should start. Similar to how Twitch and other businesses releases usernames and such. After so long of no long in or update to the account, it’s deemed inactive and fair game.

Your issue there is how many Spartan Companies were set up but not to build a Halo 5 community. It’s the only community grouping here in Waypoint. I know plenty who have perfectly active Companies but barely any games played in H5 (especially among our new PC players)

> 2533274874872263;11:
> > 2533274875152675;10:
> > > 2533274874872263;8:
> > > > 2533274828524404;7:
> > > > > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > > > > 2533274828524404;5:
> > > > > > I don’t really mind if they start fresh, but it’s going to be a first come first serve for SC names.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > However, if they port over SC from H5 -> Infinite, then yeah they probably could do something about the “inactive” ones, however they define “inactive”.
> > > > >
> > > > > Any company which never went active (hit 4 members) should be fair game. Give a warning notification to take action and if nothing within a month, close it and recycle the name.
> > > >
> > > > That’s a fair point. But that could make people/that SC just hit that minimum requirement and still go inactive. I think tracking the activities could help with that in terms of not just having a minimum of 4 member, the SC actually is ‘“active”’ if you know what I mean.
> > >
> > > Oh yeah absolutely. There’s a huge number of companies which never went active though. For me was a mistake to not have an automatic cut off - you get 6 months to recruit 4 members. After that automatic disband
> >
> > I like that, there should be a deadline but I honestly don’t know. I think there should be some sort of deadline or challenge companies/clan should have to complete every so often and if its not completed a timer should start. Similar to how Twitch and other businesses releases usernames and such. After so long of no long in or update to the account, it’s deemed inactive and fair game.
>
> Your issue there is how many Spartan Companies were set up but not to build a Halo 5 community. It’s the only community grouping here in Waypoint. I know plenty who have perfectly active Companies but barely any games played in H5 (especially among our new PC players)

Honestly what I’m seeing here, is for Infinite the whole system just needs to be rebuilt and dropped and something new be put into play when Infinite Drops, hopefully with something integrated into the actual game instead of just waypoint. I like sort of what Battlefield did with Platoons but they failed to execute that into the game menu properly.

> 2533274875152675;12:
> > 2533274874872263;11:
> > > 2533274875152675;10:
> > > > 2533274874872263;8:
> > > > > 2533274828524404;7:
> > > > > > 2533274874872263;6:
> > > > > > > 2533274828524404;5:
> > > > > > > I don’t really mind if they start fresh, but it’s going to be a first come first serve for SC names.
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > However, if they port over SC from H5 -> Infinite, then yeah they probably could do something about the “inactive” ones, however they define “inactive”.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > Any company which never went active (hit 4 members) should be fair game. Give a warning notification to take action and if nothing within a month, close it and recycle the name.
> > > > >
> > > > > That’s a fair point. But that could make people/that SC just hit that minimum requirement and still go inactive. I think tracking the activities could help with that in terms of not just having a minimum of 4 member, the SC actually is ‘“active”’ if you know what I mean.
> > > >
> > > > Oh yeah absolutely. There’s a huge number of companies which never went active though. For me was a mistake to not have an automatic cut off - you get 6 months to recruit 4 members. After that automatic disband
> > >
> > > I like that, there should be a deadline but I honestly don’t know. I think there should be some sort of deadline or challenge companies/clan should have to complete every so often and if its not completed a timer should start. Similar to how Twitch and other businesses releases usernames and such. After so long of no long in or update to the account, it’s deemed inactive and fair game.
> >
> > Your issue there is how many Spartan Companies were set up but not to build a Halo 5 community. It’s the only community grouping here in Waypoint. I know plenty who have perfectly active Companies but barely any games played in H5 (especially among our new PC players)
>
> Honestly what I’m seeing here, is for Infinite the whole system just needs to be rebuilt and dropped and something new be put into play when Infinite Drops, hopefully with something integrated into the actual game instead of just waypoint. I like sort of what Battlefield did with Platoons but they failed to execute that into the game menu properly.

I mean… with game integration there’s no reason they can’t use the existing Spartan Companies structure and system. No reason to break up existing communities

What I’m hoping is that the current Spartan Company you’re in sticks with you into Halo Infinite.

> 2535408313671628;14:
> What I’m hoping is that the current Spartan Company you’re in sticks with you into Halo Infinite.

I agree, maybe a higher limit for the amount you could have in the company? But I think an in game company browser or even a company ranking system would be a cool integration.

those are good ideas

> 2535412981859364;16:
> those are good ideas

its something at least

> 2533274875152675;15:
> > 2535408313671628;14:
> > What I’m hoping is that the current Spartan Company you’re in sticks with you into Halo Infinite.
>
> I agree, maybe a higher limit for the amount you could have in the company? But I think an in game company browser or even a company ranking system would be a cool integration.

Personally disagree there. Beyond 100 it’s not a community anymore: it’s just an homogenous mass.

> 2533274874872263;18:
> > 2533274875152675;15:
> > > 2535408313671628;14:
> > > What I’m hoping is that the current Spartan Company you’re in sticks with you into Halo Infinite.
> >
> > I agree, maybe a higher limit for the amount you could have in the company? But I think an in game company browser or even a company ranking system would be a cool integration.
>
> Personally disagree there. Beyond 100 it’s not a community anymore: it’s just an homogenous mass.

Yea I almost want it to go in the opposite direction, 100 still seems to high to really know and feel connected to everyone in the company. I joined a company to grind for achilles but I get overwhelmed when looking at the list that i never even join or invite anyone. It’s a bit much.

> 2533274828524404;9:
> Yeah I mean, considering how the population for a game, in this case, Halo 5 is 5+ years, can drop off as time passes and new games are released, it’s inevitable that some SC dwindles down to a handful, and eventually inactive.
>
> Or players who had the sudden urge to start an SC to play the game for a month or two and then loses interest, and the number of inactive SC just jumps up exponentially.

Pretty much that’s how it goes now days