Spartan Chatter toggle gives unfair advanatages

So to all the players that decide to play Halo 5 with Spartan Chatter toggles off, the players that have it enabled will get an unfair advantage like enemy locations and stuff. It is better to just get rid of the whole thing period because nobody cares for it. On the other hand I give 343 a thumbs up for the changes but more things need to be addressed.

Yes, it really should be removed completely. It’s basically, the game telling players where other players are at random.

See your point, it’s annoying so I want it off… But it does give an advantage to have it. I agree just need to remove it.

> 2533274879837198;1:
> So to all the players that decide to play Halo 5 with Spartan Chatter toggles off, the players that have it enabled will get an unfair advantage like enemy locations and stuff. It is better to just get rid of the whole thing period because nobody cares for it. On the other hand I give 343 a thumbs up for the changes but more things need to be addressed.

I’m living proof that this statement is incorrect.
It doesn’t bother me so much because eventually it gets tuned out. What I do like about it is it will teach other players that don’t know call outs how to use them. It’s frustrating to be on a team with people that don’t use call-outs and I think this will help with that.

If you’re annoyed by it, don’t use it. If you feel like you’re at a disadvantage without it, use it.
I get that it’ll be a tough choice for some. Maybe use it until you get all those call-outs memorized and then disable it?

Xbox Live has become a platform of largely silent players. The sorts of communication you used to get in games just doesn’t happen anymore. The spartan callouts (at least for position) are actually kind of necessary, since you won’t get callouts without the feature. While I’m not fond of Spartans complaining about grenades that were nowhere near them, the position callouts are helpful. Clearly you think they provide useful information, considering you think it’s “unfair” if you don’t have them. That says a lot about their value.

> 2533274825044752;4:
> > 2533274879837198;1:
> > So to all the players that decide to play Halo 5 with Spartan Chatter toggles off, the players that have it enabled will get an unfair advantage like enemy locations and stuff. It is better to just get rid of the whole thing period because nobody cares for it. On the other hand I give 343 a thumbs up for the changes but more things need to be addressed.
>
>
>
> I’m living proof that this statement is incorrect.
> It doesn’t bother me so much because eventually it gets tuned out. What I do like about it is it will teach other players that don’t know call outs how to use them. It’s frustrating to be on a team with people that don’t use call-outs and I think this will help with that.
>
> If you’re annoyed by it, don’t use it. If you feel like you’re at a disadvantage without it, use it.
> I get that it’ll be a tough choice for some. Maybe use it until you get all those call-outs memorized and then disable it?

People never use the callouts that 343 has put in the game before. If you look at Warlock in H2A… It’s called Azure. Not Blue. Seriously, who comes up with these callouts. I’ll give them that the ones in H5 are a little better, but I remember one on regret being a 3 or 4 syllable word. I don’t remember what it was, but it was ridiculous. People make up their own because it’s easier and then they get adopted based on that principal.

Also, what happens when the maps get changed around. The weapon spawns on Empire were terrible and didn’t promote map movement. Why call an area outside snipe when it’s just going to change when someone has a better weapon layout that puts a sniper somewhere else or replaces the snipe with OS (if it’s even in the game)

> 2533274839151243;6:
> > 2533274825044752;4:
> > > 2533274879837198;1:
> > > So to all the players that decide to play Halo 5 with Spartan Chatter toggles off, the players that have it enabled will get an unfair advantage like enemy locations and stuff. It is better to just get rid of the whole thing period because nobody cares for it. On the other hand I give 343 a thumbs up for the changes but more things need to be addressed.
> >
> >
> >
> > I’m living proof that this statement is incorrect.
> > It doesn’t bother me so much because eventually it gets tuned out. What I do like about it is it will teach other players that don’t know call outs how to use them. It’s frustrating to be on a team with people that don’t use call-outs and I think this will help with that.
> >
> > If you’re annoyed by it, don’t use it. If you feel like you’re at a disadvantage without it, use it.
> > I get that it’ll be a tough choice for some. Maybe use it until you get all those call-outs memorized and then disable it?
>
>
> People never use the callouts that 343 has put in the game before. If you look at Warlock in H2A… It’s called Azure. Not Blue. Seriously, who comes up with these callouts. I’ll give them that the ones in H5 are a little better, but I remember one on regret being a 3 or 4 syllable word. I don’t remember what it was, but it was ridiculous. People make up their own because it’s easier and then they get adopted based on that principal.

Haven’t played much H2A, but I’m cool with what they got in H5. And the good thing about not making up your own call-outs is when I play with strangers we’ll all know what we’re talking about. Avoid that whole tower of babel thing.

If you make the choice to not use them, you’re accepting the fact that you won’t receive the information they offer.

I’m probably going to turn them off, because they get distracting after a while. I’m confident enough that I can play just fine without them.

If you’re absolutely certain that you need the information, you might want to use them. Otherwise, you could try out playing without them, and if your performance doesn’t get worse, then you can be sure that you’ll do fine without them. I think the teams that will have the real advantage will be the ones who communicate directly, just as it has been in all halos.

So leave it on.

Might as well say “ban voice chat because some people don’t have mics” or “lock sensitivity at 10 because some people choose to use 3”.

> 2533274819302824;9:
> So leave it on.
>
> Might as well say “ban voice chat because some people don’t have mics” or “lock sensitivity at 10 because some people choose to use 3”.

> 2533274965431753;8:
> If you make the choice to not use them, you’re accepting the fact that you won’t receive the information they offer.
>
> I’m probably going to turn them off, because they get distracting after a while. I’m confident enough that I can play just fine without them.
>
> If you’re absolutely certain that you need the information, you might want to use them. Otherwise, you could try out playing without them, and if your performance doesn’t get worse, then you can be sure that you’ll do fine without them. I think the teams that will have the real advantage will be the ones who communicate directly, just as it has been in all halos.

Please read the comments above and revise your argument to be a little less silly. I mean seriously, you’re doing it by choice if you toggle it off.

> 2751752986611080;5:
> Xbox Live has become a platform of largely silent players. The sorts of communication you used to get in games just doesn’t happen anymore. The spartan callouts (at least for position) are actually kind of necessary, since you won’t get callouts without the feature. While I’m not fond of Spartans complaining about grenades that were nowhere near them, the position callouts are helpful. Clearly you think they provide useful information, considering you think it’s “unfair” if you don’t have them. That says a lot about their value.

Makes the game less competitive because it should be team mates that call out locations, not the game telling you at random. Do you want the game telling the whole enemy team that you’re in “red room” or whatever just because you flashed across an enemy player’s screen momentarily?

Teams that party up and communicate and coordinate stomp the **** out of teams that don’t as it should be. Teams that don’t communicate and coordinate don’t need or deserve anything to hold their hand and help them.

It’s basically the game dolling out intel to the players at random.

> 2533274866682248;11:
> > 2751752986611080;5:
> > Xbox Live has become a platform of largely silent players. The sorts of communication you used to get in games just doesn’t happen anymore. The spartan callouts (at least for position) are actually kind of necessary, since you won’t get callouts without the feature. While I’m not fond of Spartans complaining about grenades that were nowhere near them, the position callouts are helpful. Clearly you think they provide useful information, considering you think it’s “unfair” if you don’t have them. That says a lot about their value.
>
>
> Makes the game less competitive because it should be team mates that call out locations, not the game telling you at random. Do you want the game telling the whole enemy team that you’re in “red room” or whatever just because you flashed across an enemy player’s screen momentarily?
>
> Teams that party up and communicate and coordinate stomp the **** out of teams that don’t as it should be. Teams that don’t communicate and coordinate don’t need or deserve anything to hold their hand and help them.

But that’s the whole point of the chatter. To teach people how to use call-outs and make them better players. There’s only one reason why you wouldn’t want other players to get better…

> 2533274825044752;12:
> > 2533274866682248;11:
> > > 2751752986611080;5:
> > > Xbox Live has become a platform of largely silent players. The sorts of communication you used to get in games just doesn’t happen anymore. The spartan callouts (at least for position) are actually kind of necessary, since you won’t get callouts without the feature. While I’m not fond of Spartans complaining about grenades that were nowhere near them, the position callouts are helpful. Clearly you think they provide useful information, considering you think it’s “unfair” if you don’t have them. That says a lot about their value.
> >
> >
> >
> > Makes the game less competitive because it should be team mates that call out locations, not the game telling you at random. Do you want the game telling the whole enemy team that you’re in “red room” or whatever just because you flashed across an enemy player’s screen momentarily?
> >
> > Teams that party up and communicate and coordinate stomp the **** out of teams that don’t as it should be. Teams that don’t communicate and coordinate don’t need or deserve anything to hold their hand and help them.
>
>
> But that’s the whole point of the chatter. To teach people how to use call-outs and make them better players. There’s only one reason why you wouldn’t want other players to get better…

If they play with chatter on, and get all the callouts, why would they turn it off to get better at using callouts? It’s not going to breed better players, I don’t think.

I agree the OPs being stupid right now, but I think you’re giving this particular feature a bit more flare than it’s really worth.

> 2533274879837198;1:
> So to all the players that decide to play Halo 5 with Spartan Chatter toggles off, the players that have it enabled will get an unfair advantage like enemy locations and stuff. It is better to just get rid of the whole thing period because nobody cares for it. On the other hand I give 343 a thumbs up for the changes but more things need to be addressed.

Personally never thought the sprtan chatter should be tuned down. so, sorry for you losers who hated the abundant spartan chatter speaking up. If you turn it off, it is your fault. deal with it. and when you -Yoink- assassinated, you can know firmly, it was your own fault.

> 2535421619942348;13:
> > 2533274825044752;12:
> > > 2533274866682248;11:
> > > > 2751752986611080;5:
> > > > Xbox Live has become a platform of largely silent players. The sorts of communication you used to get in games just doesn’t happen anymore. The spartan callouts (at least for position) are actually kind of necessary, since you won’t get callouts without the feature. While I’m not fond of Spartans complaining about grenades that were nowhere near them, the position callouts are helpful. Clearly you think they provide useful information, considering you think it’s “unfair” if you don’t have them. That says a lot about their value.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Makes the game less competitive because it should be team mates that call out locations, not the game telling you at random. Do you want the game telling the whole enemy team that you’re in “red room” or whatever just because you flashed across an enemy player’s screen momentarily?
> > >
> > > Teams that party up and communicate and coordinate stomp the **** out of teams that don’t as it should be. Teams that don’t communicate and coordinate don’t need or deserve anything to hold their hand and help them.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > But that’s the whole point of the chatter. To teach people how to use call-outs and make them better players. There’s only one reason why you wouldn’t want other players to get better…
>
>
>
> If they play with chatter on, and get all the callouts, why would they turn it off to get better at using callouts? It’s not going to breed better players, I don’t think.
>
> I agree the OPs being stupid right now, but I think you’re giving this particular feature a bit more flare than it’s really worth.

I think we’re misunderstanding each other somehow. With the chatter on players will hear the call-outs and get more familiar with them so that when they’re playing on a team they’ll know what to say into the mic and they’ll know how to respond to their teammates call-outs.

Basically, players that don’t know/use call-outs will learn them because of the chatter. I’m all for anything that makes other players better teammates and better players overall.

If you feel disadvantaged, turn it on. I, for one, never felt like it was helping me out too much. It was just annoying.

Wow. Absolutely wow. People just won’t be satisfied. First, they complain that the Spartan chatter it is annoying. So 343i tunes it down to only the most useful information and even provides the option to outright turn it off and people still are not satisfied?

> 2533274866682248;2:
> Yes, it really should be removed completely. It’s basically, the game telling players where other players are at random.

Its not at random. If a teammate sees an enemy, then he makes a callout. Its not just randomly seeing through walls or something…

> 2533274825044752;15:
> > 2535421619942348;13:
> > > 2533274825044752;12:
> > > > 2533274866682248;11:
> > > > > 2751752986611080;5:
> > > > > Xbox Live has become a platform of largely silent players. The sorts of communication you used to get in games just doesn’t happen anymore. The spartan callouts (at least for position) are actually kind of necessary, since you won’t get callouts without the feature. While I’m not fond of Spartans complaining about grenades that were nowhere near them, the position callouts are helpful. Clearly you think they provide useful information, considering you think it’s “unfair” if you don’t have them. That says a lot about their value.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Makes the game less competitive because it should be team mates that call out locations, not the game telling you at random. Do you want the game telling the whole enemy team that you’re in “red room” or whatever just because you flashed across an enemy player’s screen momentarily?
> > > >
> > > > Teams that party up and communicate and coordinate stomp the **** out of teams that don’t as it should be. Teams that don’t communicate and coordinate don’t need or deserve anything to hold their hand and help them.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > But that’s the whole point of the chatter. To teach people how to use call-outs and make them better players. There’s only one reason why you wouldn’t want other players to get better…
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > If they play with chatter on, and get all the callouts, why would they turn it off to get better at using callouts? It’s not going to breed better players, I don’t think.
> >
> > I agree the OPs being stupid right now, but I think you’re giving this particular feature a bit more flare than it’s really worth.
>
>
> I think we’re misunderstanding each other somehow. With the chatter on players will hear the call-outs and get more familiar with them so that when they’re playing on a team they’ll know what to say into the mic and they’ll know how to respond to their teammates call-outs.
>
> Basically, players that don’t know/use call-outs will learn them because of the chatter. I’m all for anything that makes other players better teammates and better players overall.

Honestly because of this thread and the last month of feedback I’ve read, I never understood nor cared about call-outs. I didn’t like bothering with a mic or even having it on much. But, because I’m starting to understand what the announcer was saying when he was stating things of what the other team had done and the importance of it, I’m going to start using a mic again and actually be useful for the team. Communication is always key to everything in life, not just games, so I’ll like using it for the first week or so as I learn how and what/where to call out and what’s appropriate for others to know. It actually will help me improve my gaming skills and be a better team player.

Agreed.
If you use it, you’re getting additional information… and those who don’t use it shouldn’t have to suffer through the ridiculousness of the chatter to get an equal footing.

It should be removed. Period.

I thought 343 was trying to show they understand competition?