spartan charge strength and halo in the future.

Hey guys long time halo player who got an xbone for xmas and is now in diamond slayer in h5. I’ve noticed that on smaller maps spartan charge is abused and due to its low risk/high reward it seldom leads to a reversal. In older Halo games the player holding his ground had the advantage, this is no longer true. I really don’t enjoy it to be honest. When i get a kill with it I feel not cheap, but like there were multiple other ways to solve the problem. However spartan charge is the simplest to execute with a single button. I don’t have a problem with sprint in Halo. I actually think it works in the Halo sandbox better than in call of duty or battlefield, as Halo has always been a game about map positioning and movement, while boots on the ground games are more focused on precise quick combat and serpentining to avoid displaying a pattern that they guy laying in the grass with an acog has already seen.

You can counter sprint by reaching high points on the map with clamber or with certain weapons, but spartan charges only counter seem to be plasma and splinter grenades. Even then it seems like you can only force a trade.

Here is an example to highlight the dichotomy. Take midship in Halo 2. If you are on the top level of base with br and sword and see a teammate being flanked your only option is grenade br to be a protector, but because of sprint in Halo 5 on Truth with the same scenario you can pull out the sword and you can actually get a net gain rather than a trade. This is why i like sprint, if you use it effectively you are rewarded, while if you dont you have half shields before you get your sight on the enemy player. I saved a friend using this method in a platinum level game and it turned the tides completely. Me using sprint intelligently gave us control over the entire map after i observed the enemy use it in a not so smart fashion. It felt rewarding, it felt like the inclusion of sprint further increased the skill gap, which is good.

But spartan charge does just the opposite it reduces the value of good radar observation because a player can move across the whole radius near instantly. This on top of the damage and discombobulation is frustrating and lowers the skill gap and is anti-fun. I don’t care if someone t-bags me these days after death, just don’t spartan charge me and we’re bros.

The animation is fluid and it does feel nice the first couple times, but after that i kind of just dread the thought of using it or it being used against me. What has been proposed? What can be proposed? Is this now a permanent part of the Halo sandbox moving forward? Should the damage be reduced? The knockback? The time to execute? The distance traveleled? Im just a single Halo player and I in no way am stating that this opinion carries for everyone, but what do you day one H5 players think? Do I just need to adapt more, or is my argument valid?

Thanks for reading see you guys in onyx soon.
my actual gamertag is DANTHEMAN1515, i need more friends, but also a mic.

I hate it. Spartan charge ruins the game IMO. But the only way that you could “possibly” counter it is if you melee at the same time and shoot faster or boost to the left/right. It’s dumb because the person who hits you with the SC can shoot faster than you so it’s just luck of the draw I guess. It’s broken and i believe should not be in halo ever again.

> 2535462450434439;2:
> I hate it. Spartan charge ruins the game IMO. But the only way that you could “possibly” counter it is if you melee at the same time and shoot faster or boost to the left/right. It’s dumb because the person who hits you with the SC can shoot faster than you so it’s just luck of the draw I guess. It’s broken and i believe should not be in halo ever again.

Could they remove it altogether before H6?

> 2535413180751579;3:
> > 2535462450434439;2:
> > I hate it. Spartan charge ruins the game IMO. But the only way that you could “possibly” counter it is if you melee at the same time and shoot faster or boost to the left/right. It’s dumb because the person who hits you with the SC can shoot faster than you so it’s just luck of the draw I guess. It’s broken and i believe should not be in halo ever again.
>
> Could they remove it altogether before H6?

Dude I pray every night that they do

As -Yoink- as it is, 343i needs some consistency with their gameplay.
It’s better then Armour lock at least

Spartan Charge can go join Armor Lock in the ‘Let’s not bring this back’ corner as far as I’m concerned. A neat idea on paper, but it doesn’t really work as well in practice. On the other hand, thruster evade (Just like Reach’s Dodge Roll), hovering, and ground pound are much better. GP’s not perfect, but you can hear and see it coming before it arrives and dodge out of the way a lot easier than with Charge. Then the pounder’s vulnerable, and is often gunned down before he can do much to you.

> 2533274850869596;6:
> Spartan Charge can go join Armor Lock in the ‘Let’s not bring this back’ corner as far as I’m concerned. A neat idea on paper, but it doesn’t really work as well in practice. On the other hand, thruster evade (Just like Reach’s Dodge Roll), hovering, and ground pound are much better. GP’s not perfect, but you can hear and see it coming before it arrives and dodge out of the way a lot easier than with Charge. Then the pounder’s vulnerable, and is often gunned down before he can do much to you.

I haven’t been having fun with team snipers with the inclusion of float, you can effectively dodge another snipers bullet by aiming in the air. Its impossible to anticipate unless average joe is doing it everytime.

Aside from attacking people, Spartan Charge is useful for getting light vehicles unstuck, and pushing around objects to build barricades during Infection.

k so im gunna go ahead and say sprint and everything that comes with it is bad and shouldnt be in future halos

Pls nerf