Spartan charge makes FFA unenjoyable

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Spartan charge is the most annoying, cheapest, uninspired piece of -Yoink- mechanic ever brought into Halo. To even think something like this could exist in a game that is supposed to be based around skill baffles me. I enjoy Halo 5 very much, but this -Yoink- ability makes my skin boil. People just run down hallways and corridors sprinting so they can spartan charge your -Yoink- and you can’t do anything about it. It magnetizes to you and sometimes it’ll kill you with full shields head on. Not to mention the radar proximity isn’t even large enough to warn you before it’s too late. Who the hell put this in the game? This and ground pound would never be used in the Halo universe and the animations are just so stupid looking. I don’t mind ground pound because it actually takes a little bit of skill but spartan charge is ridiculous. I hope that 343 fired whatever hipster doofus came up with the idea and that it does not return in Halo 6.

Wait a minute… was this a post topic already, or have my psychic powers developed to the point that I can foresee the future?

Anyway, I totally agree with you. I really, really, REALLY do not like Spartan Charge. But on the other hand, I do like ground pound. I like it because I feel it does require skill. Charging GP leaves you in the air and vulnerable, but if you can pull it off, it grants you a kill. Spartan Charge I dislike, and Ground Pound I really do like.

> 2533274961587895;2:
> Wait a minute… was this a post topic already, or have my psychic powers developed to the point that I can foresee the future?
>
> Anyway, I totally agree with you. I really, really, REALLY do not like Spartan Charge. But on the other hand, I do like ground pound. I like it because I feel it does require skill. Charging GP leaves you in the air and vulnerable, but if you can pull it off, it grants you a kill. Spartan Charge I dislike, and Ground Pound I really do like.

I don’t mind GP at all really, when I get killed by it I know that they actually deserved that kill, unlike spartan charge… And that’s what Halo is all about, when you get killed most of the time you know the other person deserved to get that kill because it is a highly skill based game. I just think that those two abilities don’t feel realistic in the Halo universe. Yes there are aliens and magical power weapons, but I can’t imagine a Spartan running into an enemy with their shoulder or floating in the air to smash down on somebody. Feels too child like to me for Halo.

Ground Pound is good, my favorite game mechanic in the game

I dunno man, I see all these Spartan charge threads and then I go play a game and try to Spartan charge someone and soon after they melee me (twice?) And then shoot me. I can’t even fire right after I charge either.

The only time I use it is when I’m traveling long distances or kills from the back/side

I hate it I can deal with the ground pound but the Spartan charge is a cheap way to kill someone and doesn’t require any skill at all

GP and SC take away what really matters in Halo - shooting skill - it’s an FPS not a boxing game.

SC is broken - it cancels out melee, leaves you disoriented, benefits from the small radar and sprint. I can handle sprint being in the game but SC just doesn’t work - Overgrowth, shudder.

SC’d an enemy last night… and finished about 2 inches short of making connection.

We had a brief moment of “oh f££k”… then he punched me and that was the end of that.

Just thought you’d like to know.

If you don’t like SC or GP then start up a custom game and invite people to it. Each ability has its good moments but the problem I see is the MS being On. When the MS is off you see less of SC and GP because people don’t have a tool to tell them where to get a kill at.

SC is definitely OP. If anything in the game needs a nerf it’s SC. Instakill from behind makes sense. From the front to or side shouldn’t happen unless your already weak. And the recovery time needs to be twice as long. Definitely a mechanic I can do without

> 2533274807278095;10:
> Instakill from behind makes sense. From the front to or side shouldn’t happen unless your already weak.

Isn’t that exactly what the spartan charge does??
There is no instant kill when you charge someone face to face who isn’t already weakened.

> 2533274844052834;11:
> > 2533274807278095;10:
> > Instakill from behind makes sense. From the front to or side shouldn’t happen unless your already weak.
>
> Isn’t that exactly what the spartan charge does??
> There is no instant kill when you charge someone face to face who isn’t already weakened.

I taken some questionable deaths from SC from head on. I think every body agrees that it’s OP either way.

> 2533274804280158;9:
> If you don’t like SC or GP then start up a custom game and invite people to it. Each ability has its good moments but the problem I see is the MS being On. When the MS is off you see less of SC and GP because people don’t have a tool to tell them where to get a kill at.

How about no? As I said earlier, I don’t mind GP. SC is overpowered, as many others agree. I shouldn’t have to limit myself to custom games (which I don’t play in the first place) because 343 implemented a terrible mechanic that rewards noobs who aren’t good enough to shoot you. This attitude is the reason 343 gets away with -Yoink- like this. I love thrusters, they fixed sprint, the weapons are very balanced and the gameplay is fun when I’m not getting spartan charged around every corner. And there are no good moments with spartan charge, just cheap kills. A shoulder bash in Halo is stupid, as it does not require skill.

My issue isn’t even Spartan Charge itself, it’s the fact that it has lag compensation.

Without this compensation, it’s easy to thrust away or even get a non-thrust ninja if you’re using your headphones correctly (RIP no-sound players).

However, unless you’re playing on a very good server, players will often “curve” their spartan charge up to 45 degrees away from where they actually aimed it.
Even if you did exactly the right movement, you still die because the server gave them a free pass.
If it weren’t for this, people would be whiffing their spartan charges all the time (as it should be).

If you look at this & many other issues (heavy aim), it’s clear that 343 only tests 90% of their game mechanics in a LAN setting.