SPARTAN CHARGE COUNTER?

I am not a fan of the Spartan charge, combined with the reduced radar, it is just sooooo overpowered. By the time I see the blimp on my very short radar, I am already getting charged and it would be nice to have a tactical counter to the Spartan charge. If you ever played Tekken, then you know how much skill it takes to counter, but when you pull it off it can be so gratifying. It can be just a basic animated throw counter that doesn’t really damage either player, and then sets the stage for a short range gun fight… or a full on assassination counter. At times I feel helpless against the Spartan charge, and there is really nothing that can match it when it comes from a blind side or on super short radar notice. I think the Spartan charge needs balance and a good skilled “animated counter” I think could only enhance the game and competitive nature. What do you guy think???

Well, there already seems to be two ways to counter it, 1) you melee them as they hit you, allowing you to headshot them. Or 2) you thrust out of the way and backsmack them, giving you an instant kill. If you miss the beat down then you still have a slight advantage because you just evaded them.

I see a lot of people saying just thrust out of the way, but I must be timing it horribly wrong. I thrust to the side, it seems like the shoulder charge tracks me and hits me anyway.

the spartan charge is a reward for that panick melee when you catch someone of guard and its stupid. they get kills they wouldn’t have gotten otherwise because of the the charge.

I always take a look on my radar and keep myself mobile. Most of the time they screw up the spartan charge and hit a wall and I just smg them :smiley: When they charge you up front, you melee them. You may die depending on how many people are there because your shields are down.

I haven’t had a problem dodging them. Thrusting out of the way isn’t too hard, but just absorbing the hit and timing a melee is the easiest, about a 50/50 win rate for me after we both have no shields. As for the radar problem, used the “advanced sensors” armor mod.

> 2535409103705542;5:
> I always take a look on my radar and keep myself mobile. Most of the time they screw up the spartan charge and hit a wall and I just smg them :smiley: When they charge you up front, you melee them. You may die depending on how many people are there because your shields are down.

I believe you are talking about me. Lol. I always charge into a dam wall lol

Like others have said, thrusting to the side works most of the time. Best way to avoid being spartan charged in the first place is to try to develop an awareness of where opposing players might be on the map which will absolutely come with experience.

Jump and thrust at the same time. 90% they’ll miss you or Halo “thinks” they hit you when on your screen you’ve evaded them.

a Parry move could be interesting, but I think it would be better to not have the charge.

I also believe the Melee functions like a hitscan which makes dodging a melee and charge unlikely even with a Thrust. However, I see most players, me included, who die right after performing the charge so it puts you vulnerable to dieing already as it is.

> 2658598172887564;3:
> I see a lot of people saying just thrust out of the way, but I must be timing it horribly wrong. I thrust to the side, it seems like the shoulder charge tracks me and hits me anyway.

It takes time to get used to, and if you don’t know the attacker is coming it may be hard to pull off.

I feel like some people just love charging and after a while they cant be stopped. One guy a few days ago charged me literally 5 times, I was getting so pissed. It felt like every time I spawned I was getting charged. The only time ive ever charged someone is by what someone else mentioned, panic. I -Yoink!- out and charge someone, but it’s never something I think about doing.

The counter is your eyeballs. Use them to look around you. Don’t use them to just look at your motion tracker. A sprinting spartan can be stopped by one bullet and are also unable to shoot while sprinting. Their only advantage is catching you off guard. Also, you can time your own melee correctly and melee the spartan who spartan charged you. It’s a fairly balanced system.

I don’t get spartan charged enough for this to matter to me. I have also avoided people’s spartan charges before. Whenever I try to Spartan charge it always fails and they side step me.

that damn melee counter works pretty well…against me anyways. I always die to that when doing Spartan charge to the front. Its easier for the person countering to level their weapon. The impact to the charger is greater than the one being hit (which is a little backwards…the charger if landing should have some initiative advantage). Its tough to level a weapon for the quick one hit kill out of the charge. Best only used as a frontal attack on someone without shields.

> 2533275016942754;2:
> Well, there already seems to be two ways to counter it, 1) you melee them as they hit you, allowing you to headshot them. Or 2) you thrust out of the way and backsmack them, giving you an instant kill. If you miss the beat down then you still have a slight advantage because you just evaded them.

I’ve had a situation where a guy was rushing behind me and just before he spartan charge I jumped and back thrust behind him to score an assassination. Pretty sure he rage quit after that.
It was a rare occurrence for me, but felt so epic. To reply to the original post, yes there are counters and yes they are challenging to pull off.

Spartan charge isn’t op tbh. Op implies something has no counter whatsoever. Or that it’s effective from ranges it wasn’t designed for.

> 2560752109561871;13:
> The counter is your eyeballs. Use them to look around you. Don’t use them to just look at your motion tracker. A sprinting spartan can be stopped by one bullet and are also unable to shoot while sprinting. Their only advantage is catching you off guard. Also, you can time your own melee correctly and melee the spartan who spartan charged you. It’s a fairly balanced system.

you clowns need to stop spewing lies. For the last time: SHOOTING A SPRINTING TARGET WILL NOT BRING HIM OUT OF SPRINT. Get that into your head you noobs. And yes spartan charge is broken. It rewards you for sprinting. That should be reason enough to remove it from the game.

I lose these battles 99% of the time. So frustrating. I have grown to absolutely hate the Spartan charge. Reminds me of armor lock all over again.

Either melee while sidestepping or thrust and then melee. It works the vast majority of the time. Or you can light them up before they reach you so they’re weak enough to beat down before they hit you.