Spartan Charge and Ground Pound gone for good?

I’ve been an avid Halo player ever since Combat Evolved. I’ve been playing Guardians ever sense it’s release date as well. My friends and I were extremely saddened and underwhelmed by the beta this weekend. It just feels like it’s going backwards rather than forward. The exclusion of the spartan charge and ground pound felt really disappointing. I sure hope the devs reconsider adding these game changes back. And is there a way everyone can start with the grappling hook instead of having to find it?

More mechanics does not equal a good game, it’s how those mechanics are used. In the case of Halo 5, it was too many mechanics for a Halo game, and ones that disrupted the gameplay loop and map design. If you like 5, that’s fine, I also do, but it’s a general consensus that Halo 5 was not a good Halo game. Halo needed to scale back if it wanted to be true to what it was. Also, about spawning with Grappleshot, that will most definitely be and option for custom games, and maybe some whacky limited time game modes.

> 2533274800367240;1:
> I’ve been an avid Halo player ever since Combat Evolved. I’ve been playing Guardians ever sense it’s release date as well. My friends and I were extremely saddened and underwhelmed by the beta this weekend. It just feels like it’s going backwards rather than forward. The exclusion of the spartan charge and ground pound felt really disappointing. I sure hope the devs reconsider adding these game changes back. And is there a way everyone can start with the grappling hook instead of having to find it?

Abilities that interrupt gameplay and cause sandbox-related issues shouldn’t come back. Infinite is a happy medium between classic and Halo 5. In my opinion, slide is too far, but I’m willing to meet in the middle. Also, the grappleshot is a power item which must be fought over to win the ability to use like every power item in Halo used to be. I’m sure there’ll be extensive options to spawn with it in custom games, or maybe grappleshot gametypes in action sack.

> 2533274837803271;3:
> > 2533274800367240;1:
> > I’ve been an avid Halo player ever since Combat Evolved. I’ve been playing Guardians ever sense it’s release date as well. My friends and I were extremely saddened and underwhelmed by the beta this weekend. It just feels like it’s going backwards rather than forward. The exclusion of the spartan charge and ground pound felt really disappointing. I sure hope the devs reconsider adding these game changes back. And is there a way everyone can start with the grappling hook instead of having to find it?
>
> Abilities that interrupt gameplay and cause sandbox-related issues shouldn’t come back. Infinite is a happy medium between classic and Halo 5. In my opinion, slide is too far, but I’m willing to meet in the middle. Also, the grappleshot is a power item which must be fought over to win the ability to use like every power item in Halo used to be. I’m sure there’ll be extensive options to spawn with it in custom games, or maybe grappleshot gametypes in action sack.

Yea with the sliding and grapple hook it kind of felt like titanfall only those mechanics are much more ironed out in titanfall. I figured that 343 would double down and keep charge and pound but I certainly don’t mind them taking it out.