Spartan Changes

So, in Halo 5: Guardians, why is the Master Chief’s and Blue Team’s armour changed? The shields are weak, their HUD’s and Smart-Link have changed, and Cheif’s armour has more changes done to it. Why is this? With the Spartan IV’s of fireteam Osiris, it makes sense because they have Mjolnir Gen 2 armour, but Chief and Blue Team should still have their Mjolnir Mark VI Armour. Why have their shields been weakened? I guess it makes sense for gameplay purposes, but what is the lore behind it? Why weaken already strong shields?

Blue Team got their armor modernized on the Infinity. Check out the Escalation comics.

> 2533274977756838;1:
> So, in Halo 5: Guardians, why is the Master Chief’s and Blue Team’s armour changed? The shields are weak, their HUD’s and Smart-Link have changed, and Cheif’s armour has more changes done to it. Why is this? With the Spartan IV’s of fireteam Osiris, it makes sense because they have Mjolnir Gen 2 armour, but Chief and Blue Team should still have their Mjolnir Mark VI Armour. Why have their shields been weakened? I guess it makes sense for gameplay purposes, but what is the lore behind it? Why weaken already strong shields?

Why wouldn’t all Spartans get upgraded armor? At the end of H4 it showed them removing Chiefs armor so one could say they got upgraded armor. Also I don’t think the armor is weak. If you are playing on legendary it was always kinda weak.

True, they aren’t horrible, but compared to the previous Halo games, his shields were a lot stronger. Even on legendary. In Halo 4, I charged a fully shielded knight and took him down on legendary without losing all my shields, on Halo 5: Guardians Legendary, it took 3, and only 3, shots from a simple plasma pistol to drain my shields and half my health.

Also, I’ll check out Halo: Escalation. Is it a book?

> 2533274977756838;4:
> True, they aren’t horrible, but compared to the previous Halo games, his shields were a lot stronger. Even on legendary. In Halo 4, I charged a fully shielded knight and took him down on legendary without losing all my shields, on Halo 5: Guardians Legendary, it took 3, and only 3, shots from a simple plasma pistol to drain my shields and half my health.
>
> Also, I’ll check out Halo: Escalation. Is it a book?

Well, the Knights in Halo 5 are like tanks compared to what they were in Halo 4. Not sure if the Plasma Pistol got a buff, but it may have. I don’t think the shields got weaker, because it’s still 4 shots with a BR to kill a Spartan, I think some of the weaponry and AI may have gotten a buff.

Escalation was a comic series that continued the Spartan Ops story. You find out what happens with the Janis Key and the characters in Fireteam Majestic and Halsey & Jul’s relationship, as well as some back story to Lord Hood and a whole bunch of stuff. The art and story lines were hit & miss, some were better than others. You can get it now in a collection, I think. There’s an issue or two where Blue Team encounter the Didact again (I won’t spoil it for you) but all I’ll say is Chief needs some serious work done to his armor (helmet mainly) afterwards.

> 2533274883669557;5:
> > 2533274977756838;4:
> > True, they aren’t horrible, but compared to the previous Halo games, his shields were a lot stronger. Even on legendary. In Halo 4, I charged a fully shielded knight and took him down on legendary without losing all my shields, on Halo 5: Guardians Legendary, it took 3, and only 3, shots from a simple plasma pistol to drain my shields and half my health.
> >
> > Also, I’ll check out Halo: Escalation. Is it a book?
>
> Well, the Knights in Halo 5 are like tanks compared to what they were in Halo 4. Not sure if the Plasma Pistol got a buff, but it may have. I don’t think the shields got weaker, because it’s still 4 shots with a BR to kill a Spartan, I think some of the weaponry and AI may have gotten a buff.

Whaaaaaaatttt. The knights were unbeatable bullet vacuums in H4 lol. I literally couldn’t beat it solo on Legendary because there wasn’t enough ammo on the levels for me to kill them lol.

Bad skill factor may also apply.

> 2533274803493024;6:
> > 2533274883669557;5:
> > > 2533274977756838;4:
> > > True, they aren’t horrible, but compared to the previous Halo games, his shields were a lot stronger. Even on legendary. In Halo 4, I charged a fully shielded knight and took him down on legendary without losing all my shields, on Halo 5: Guardians Legendary, it took 3, and only 3, shots from a simple plasma pistol to drain my shields and half my health.
> > >
> > > Also, I’ll check out Halo: Escalation. Is it a book?
> >
> > Well, the Knights in Halo 5 are like tanks compared to what they were in Halo 4. Not sure if the Plasma Pistol got a buff, but it may have. I don’t think the shields got weaker, because it’s still 4 shots with a BR to kill a Spartan, I think some of the weaponry and AI may have gotten a buff.
>
> Whaaaaaaatttt. The knights were unbeatable bullet vacuums in H4 lol. I literally couldn’t beat it solo on Legendary because there wasn’t enough ammo on the levels for me to kill them lol.
>
> Bad skill factor may also apply.

Well, If you have autosentry it’s a lot easier. You can’t be worse than me. I literally spent the first week of Halo 4 trying to assassinate Knights XP

> 2533274803493024;6:
> > 2533274883669557;5:
> > > 2533274977756838;4:
> > > True, they aren’t horrible, but compared to the previous Halo games, his shields were a lot stronger. Even on legendary. In Halo 4, I charged a fully shielded knight and took him down on legendary without losing all my shields, on Halo 5: Guardians Legendary, it took 3, and only 3, shots from a simple plasma pistol to drain my shields and half my health.
> > >
> > > Also, I’ll check out Halo: Escalation. Is it a book?
> >
> > Well, the Knights in Halo 5 are like tanks compared to what they were in Halo 4. Not sure if the Plasma Pistol got a buff, but it may have. I don’t think the shields got weaker, because it’s still 4 shots with a BR to kill a Spartan, I think some of the weaponry and AI may have gotten a buff.
>
> Whaaaaaaatttt. The knights were unbeatable bullet vacuums in H4 lol. I literally couldn’t beat it solo on Legendary because there wasn’t enough ammo on the levels for me to kill them lol.
>
> Bad skill factor may also apply.

Have you played Halo 4 since Halo 5?

… wait, when did you become a mod? Congrats!

The damage and health pools are game play mechanics and don’t represent cannon.

> 2533274977756838;4:
> True, they aren’t horrible, but compared to the previous Halo games, his shields were a lot stronger. Even on legendary. In Halo 4, I charged a fully shielded knight and took him down on legendary without losing all my shields, on Halo 5: Guardians Legendary, it took 3, and only 3, shots from a simple plasma pistol to drain my shields and half my health.
>
> Also, I’ll check out Halo: Escalation. Is it a book?

Play halo 2 on legendary. the marines are tougher than you.

> 2533274964189700;9:
> The damage and health pools are game play mechanics and don’t represent cannon.

Actually it does to a certain degree. Heroic difficulty is suppose to represent the “canon” damage tables and enemy intelligence.

> 2533274874817568;11:
> > 2533274964189700;9:
> > The damage and health pools are game play mechanics and don’t represent cannon.
>
> Actually it does to a certain degree. Heroic difficulty is suppose to represent the “canon” damage tables and enemy intelligence.

I think you’re right. In Halo: Reach, it says “This is how Halo is meant to be played.” In the description for Heroic. I’ll try to find a gun that hasn’t be buffed and do a bit of testing. Thanks for the feedback!
P.S. Checked out Halo: Escalation. Looks awesome.

> 2533274832089275;10:
> > 2533274977756838;4:
> > True, they aren’t horrible, but compared to the previous Halo games, his shields were a lot stronger. Even on legendary. In Halo 4, I charged a fully shielded knight and took him down on legendary without losing all my shields, on Halo 5: Guardians Legendary, it took 3, and only 3, shots from a simple plasma pistol to drain my shields and half my health.
> >
>
> Play halo 2 on legendary. the marines are tougher than you.

Please don’t remind me of H2 Legendary…

> 2533274883669557;2:
> Blue Team got their armor modernized on the Infinity. Check out the Escalation comics.

That’s some crazy modernization. I’d still prefer them to be in their original MJOLNIR armor, or at least just upgraded to the Mark 6 like chiefs with different color schemes.

Which Escalations comic is this in?

> 2533274870389366;14:
> > 2533274883669557;2:
> > Blue Team got their armor modernized on the Infinity. Check out the Escalation comics.
>
> That’s some crazy modernization. I’d still prefer them to be in their original MJOLNIR armor, or at least just upgraded to the Mark 6 like chiefs with different color schemes.
>
> Which Escalations comic is this in?

Escalation 10 (it may carry over to 11). Not sure if it explicitly states that they get upgrades, but they get pretty jacked up fighting the Didact and Prometheans. THIS HAPPENS to Chief, then they return to the Infinity and he’s talking to Lord Hood with a new helmet on, meaning, clearly, they fixed it up. This happens shortly before Halo 5, and Blue Team is there. It only makes sense that this is when they would have done the upgrades since they were repairing it anyway and it was around the time they would have been upgrading the Spartan IV’s armor as well (between Spartan Ops and Halo 5 … Spartan Ops being 6 months after Chief’s adventure on Requiem with Requiem being destroyed around 8 months before Osiris goes to Sanghelios, if I’m not mistaken).

Dang, I gotta read these comics. Anyone got an idea on price?

> 2533274883669557;15:
> > 2533274870389366;14:
> > > 2533274883669557;2:
> > > Blue Team got their armor modernized on the Infinity. Check out the Escalation comics.
> >
> > That’s some crazy modernization. I’d still prefer them to be in their original MJOLNIR armor, or at least just upgraded to the Mark 6 like chiefs with different color schemes.
> >
> > Which Escalations comic is this in?
>
> Escalation 10 (it may carry over to 11). Not sure if it explicitly states that they get upgrades, but they get pretty jacked up fighting the Didact and Prometheans. THIS HAPPENS to Chief, then they return to the Infinity and he’s talking to Lord Hood with a new helmet on, meaning, clearly, they fixed it up. This happens shortly before Halo 5, and Blue Team is there. It’s only makes sense that this is when it would have been done the upgrades since they were repairing it anyway and it was around the time they would have been upgrading the Spartan IV’s armor as well (between Spartan Ops and Halo 5 … Spartan Ops being 6 months after Chief’s adventure on Requiem with Requiem being destroyed around 8 months before Osiris goes to Sanghelios, if I’m not mistaken).

Wow, I’ve read some of the escalations books before, but I definitely need to read this one, thanks man!

> 2533274832089275;10:
> > 2533274977756838;4:
> >
>
> Play halo 2 on legendary. the marines are tougher than you.

Jackal snipers around every corner