Spartan Assault wont install on Surface Pro 3

Every time I try to install Spartan Assault on my Surface Pro 3 I get error 0x80073cf9. The store says I own it, and I have successfully installed it on other Windows 8 computers. Every other app in the store seems to install and run perfectly well. I’ve tried the modern app troubleshooter, and wsreset.exe.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello cw arts.

Can you verify whether or not this issue is occurring with other apps, or if it is just occurring with Spartan Assault. It is possible that the issue you are having has to do with the Surface, instead of the app itself. If it does let you download other apps, let me know and I’ll see how I can help. :wink:

> Every other app in the store seems to install and run perfectly well.

> > Every other app in the store seems to install and run perfectly well.

Whoops, totally miseed that the first time. Sorry about that. This seems to be a common problem with the Windows Surface tablet. Is this link helpful to you? I’m afraid that I am rather inexperienced with the Windows Surface Tablet, and my assistance may be limited as a result. :wink:

I did this from that thread:

> net stop wuauserv
> rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
> net start wuauserv

And that seems to have fixed it. Thank you very much for your help. I’m usually pretty good with this sort of thing but all this windows store stuff escapes me.

Thanks!

> I did this from that thread:
>
>
>
> > net stop wuauserv
> > rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
> > net start wuauserv
>
> And that seems to have fixed it. Thank you very much for your help. I’m usually pretty good with this sort of thing but all this windows store stuff escapes me.
>
> Thanks!

Awesome! I’m going to have to take a note of that site. Glad to hear you’re sorted! :slight_smile: