Spartan Art-Style

In which game did you feel a spartan looked his/her best?

I like the customization of Halo 4 but I always think of Halo 3 as having the most classic Spartan look to it.

I’m gonna use this as a reference.

CE for Chief IMO. I just prefer that style of armor and art design. If I had to choose again, I’d say 3.

And since I’ve got two other species:

Reach for Elites. Not a huge fan of the armor design, but I think they look best in Reach.

2 for grunts. I dunno, they looked cute in Halo 2 :3

> I’m gonna use this as a reference.
>
> CE for Chief IMO. I just prefer that style of armor and art design. If I had to choose again, I’d say 3.
>
> And since I’ve got two other species:
>
> Reach for Elites. Not a huge fan of the armor design, but I think they look best in Reach.
>
> 2 for grunts. I dunno, they looked cute in Halo 2 :3

If I was to go for elites I’d say CEA, grunts I’d say Halo 3.

The Mark V will ALWAYS be my favourite armour set

I loved the look of Reach’s Spartans. Not only did they look like formidable tanked-up super soldiers, the armour itself looked powerful and menacing.

With the exception of Master Chief’s armour, all of the armour in Halo 4 just looks too thin to really be power armour. It just doesn’t fit what MJOLNIR is supposed to be, not to me anyway.

> I loved the look of Reach’s Spartans. Not only did they look like formidable tanked-up super soldiers, the armour itself looked powerful and menacing.
>
> With the exception of Master Chief’s armour, all of the armour in Halo 4 just looks too thin to really be power armour. It just doesn’t fit what MJOLNIR is supposed to be, not to me anyway.

The Spartan IV’s just look so weedy because of it, they don’t look like super soldiers at all

I picked Halo 3, primarily for Security reasons. Lol, see what I did there?

Master Chief appearance: He looked better in CE/CEA because of the Mark V

Elites: They had the best look in Reach

Grunts: like Silent said, grunts looked “cute & cuddly” in Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 3 ODST. However, I loved their quotes from CE/CEA

Honestly I love Reach Spartans, mostly because they felt like CE Spartans brought up to modern graphics. They looked like walking tanks, like a super soldier should.

2/3 chief just doesn’t have the bulk. He doesn’t look bad in 3, but he seems very twiggy in 2.

h4 chief is sort of a blend between 2/3 chief and ce chief I find.

While I found halo 2’s elites super awesome at the time, Reach’s elites (with a few exceptions) are really awesome. Much better than just the same armor with random glowy bits attached.

Halo 3 looked too “cartoony” to me, and Halo 4 followed that bright, happy appearance.

I thought Halo was supposed to be a dark game with humanity on the brink of extinction. Halo 2 started the right look and environmental feel, and Reach took that feeling to the next level. The Reach Spartans were built the way a super soldier in those conditions should look: tough, strong, a bit bulky yet at the same time sleek and functional. Their armor was worn and tattered, the way you would expect to see on veteran warrior.
The new, shiny, bright, and happy armor of Halo 3 just never fit in in my mind. Even Master Chief’s armor was a bit too “bright.”

Mark V armor will always be my favorite, period. I like the Halo: Reach Covenant designs and love that they actually speak Covenant. I hated the quotes from the trilogy because instead of making the Unggoy fearsome(lol), it made them “cute and cuddly”.

Halo Wars. dat Omega red team look so awesome!

As much as I dislike Halo 3(seriously, I don’t care what anyone says it’s my least favorite Halo game), I’d still have to say it had the best art style out of any of the Halo games. I just loved how the Spartans colors popped and most of the designs were clean. Too bad you could barely stare at the art of Halo 3 outside of screenshots considering how bad the framerate was in that game…

I do really appreciate how the Reach Spartans looked. After I unlocked the MC armor for Reach, I dug the look even more. They looked functional and practical. If I couldn’t choose the Reach Spartans, I certainly would have picked Halo 2’s.

Halo 4 is definitely my favorite armory out of all the games… Halo 3 you had at most around 10 armor pieces to choose from and they all looked like plastic action figures. Reach had a lot more to choose from, but all the torsos were seriously just the same one with an ammo pouch or something stuck on the side. On top of that, though everything looked much more like military equipment it was so chunky looking and hardly seemed like something you’d see on a soldier 500 years in the future. Halo 4 feels like it strikes that balance, ridiculous amount of choices (and full body instead of just the torso, shoulder, and helmet) along with a good mix of bulky/functional armor and exotic/futuristic sets. Could use some beefing up though, I agree with that other guy that they seem a little twiggy.

Interesting responces, I don’t know if I’ve said that I voted for the Halo Wars Spartans. I can’t explain why I love that armour, it just looks so much smoother

Reach. Armor pieces were practical with various utilities and pouches, and the armor showed actual use.

I loved the style of Halo: Reach’s armory, the helmets and various small details made the Spartans feel more like typical Spartans. Heavy armor with scars, dirt and fading, etc.

Hmm, for me, I see it as two different classifications: Variation and graphics.

Speaking strictly in terms of graphics, Halo 4 has the best looking Spartans, hands down. Though some of the anti-aliasing can be a bit rough when you’re customizing your Spartan in the menu.

But for me, I think Halo: Reach was the best overall, it looked pretty good, and had way more variation with the Spartan III’s than Halo 4 does with the Spartan IV’s.

I liked the worn look of the armour in Reach, like it had seen combat. The colours were also a lot better.

The suits in Halo 3 and 4 seems too clean and shiny.