Spartan Armour: Unlocking and customising

So I recently heard some news about armour customisation in Halo Infinite and want to hear everyone’s views on the subject.

Ok so, in my opinion, when it came to armour customisation options and style, Halo Reach was the best. I loved the Mk V armour and the customisation options meant you could give your Spartan a unique look (I don’t ever recall seeing two Spartans look the same by chance). While unlocking most of the armour was straight forward: play the game, rank up, gain credits. That meant every time you played, you knew you were getting closer to getting the armour set’s you wanted.

When it came to Halo 4, I thought the customisation choices where quite reasonable, however, I wasn’t too keen on the style of the armour. I felt most of the armour styles just “didn’t really look right”(if that makes any sense). Even the Mk VI had been modified in such a way it didn’t look quite the same. But again, unlocking the set’s was similar to Halo Reach.

Then Halo 5 came along. After Reach and Halo 4, I was really disappointed with the customisation choices. But what I hated the most was to get (almost all) the armour, you could only get them randomly in REQ packs. You could spend hours on the game and you would never know from one REQ pack to the next if it would all pay off.

Well I read recently that they were bringing Halo Reach style armour back in Halo Infinite. I’m hoping that they also bring back a similar system to Halo Reach for unlocking armour.

Dose anyone else feel the same? Do you want the system to change? Go back to classic armour styles? Or am I just an ageing Spartan stuck in the past?

Speak your mind Spartans

Pretty much the entire the community has been moving for this for a while now, so you definitely aren’t alone in your thinking.

Mixing and matching my Spartans armor is all I want.

I feel the same. Reach and 4 had the best customization options. Halo 5 by and far has my
favorite set, but the customization options leave a lot to be desired. There are so many things about it that just make you wonder what they were thinking. One example, why can you not zoom out and take a look at your entire Spartan when picking armor and colors? Could do that in 4 and do it very easily and that’s a 343i game too!

The vast majority of Halo 5’s armor sets were ruined by those ugly white accents that couldn’t be removed. For instance, if you love Locus armor and you wanted to have a single color scheme for your Spartan, you were -Yoink- out of luck. There was no option to do that. I typically like my Spartans to have one color, and not being able to achieve that with some of my favorite armor sets is quite frustrating.

Ditching that in Halo 6 is a must, or at the very least make it an option.

Reach is great, but honestly if we’re talking getting whatever we want, I’d like Anthem’s level of customization. I watched a video on it and it looks sick.

> 2533275031939856;6:
> Reach is great, but honestly if we’re talking getting whatever we want, I’d like Anthem’s customization. I watched a video on it and it looks sick.

I’m not a fan of what Bioware showed so far about Anthem, got to be honest. However I also got to agree with you there! The mech suites customization is beyond awesome!

Halo 4 has the best armor unlocking system, since it rewarded players that beat the campaign on legendary and rewarded for completed commadations. While at the same time unlocking armors by leveling up your SR ranks without grinding credits like in Reach. So Halo 4 had a balanced armor unlock system.

> 2533274936074323;8:
> Halo 4 has the best armor unlocking system, since it rewarded players that beat the campaign on legendary and rewarded for completed commadations. While at the same time unlocking armors by leveling up your SR ranks without grinding credits like in Reach. So Halo 4 had a balanced armor unlock system.

Well, Halo 4’s commendation were sometimes very long to complete compared to Halo 5’s more reasonable numbers. To some extent, people shouldn’t be forced to play 400 hours to acquire a single piece of vanity.

> 2533274921772859;9:
> > 2533274936074323;8:
> > Halo 4 has the best armor unlocking system, since it rewarded players that beat the campaign on legendary and rewarded for completed commadations. While at the same time unlocking armors by leveling up your SR ranks without grinding credits like in Reach. So Halo 4 had a balanced armor unlock system.
>
> Well, Halo 4’s commendation were sometimes very long to complete compared to Halo 5’s more reasonable numbers. To some extent, people shouldn’t be forced to play 400 hours to acquire a single piece of vanity.

I am just you earned something unique, I’m not saying we should go back to do the days having a plasma pistol commendation

> 2533274936074323;10:
> > 2533274921772859;9:
> > > 2533274936074323;8:
> > > Halo 4 has the best armor unlocking system, since it rewarded players that beat the campaign on legendary and rewarded for completed commadations. While at the same time unlocking armors by leveling up your SR ranks without grinding credits like in Reach. So Halo 4 had a balanced armor unlock system.
> >
> > Well, Halo 4’s commendation were sometimes very long to complete compared to Halo 5’s more reasonable numbers. To some extent, people shouldn’t be forced to play 400 hours to acquire a single piece of vanity.
>
> I am just you earned something unique, I’m not saying we should go back to do the days having a plasma pistol commendation

I’m all in for having people earning their stuff, just not needing to grinding their lives away for it. I get your point.