Spartan armor look

I have played every halo game and I always liked the look of the spartan armor expected the armor on Halo 4. It looks so much like a plastic armor and the design is terrible too in my opinion. Look at all the helmets, most are looking horrible.

I think the spartan armor should look heavyer and like it is made of steel. The stil should be like in Halo Reach, Halo 3 or a mix of them.

Who else thinks that H4 spartan armor sucks and wants the old armor design back?

> I have played every halo game and I always liked the look of the spartan armor expected the armor on Halo 4. It looks so much like a plastic armor and the design is terrible too in my opinion. Look at all the helmets, most are looking horrible.
>
> I think the spartan armor should look heavyer and like it is made of steel. The stil should be like in Halo Reach, Halo 3 or a mix of them.
>
> Who else thinks that H4 spartan armor sucks and wants the old armor design back?

Halo 4 armor is actually more practical with allowing the user more movement, but a lot of the pieces are quite silly. I would want the practical Halo 4 armors as well as the Halo 3 and Halo Reach armors to return with Halo 4’s movement friendly designed look.

(Excuse my overuse of the word “practical” I was in a rush when writing this post)

For a moment I thought that you typed “Spartan armor lock” and I was like… “NO NO NO NO NO, JUST NO!”

In Career tab > Halo Reach > stats

You can see the armor is more streamlined in design and integral aesthetically. Spartans were The Six Million Peso Man they always wanted to be.

Matte layer and hands areas are better in Halo IV. For instance Commander Palmer is gorgeous.

Reaches was much better.

I agree. Halo Reach armor is by far the best looking and Halo 4 armro is a joke.

I loved reach’s armor, though I think 4’s would be pretty nice if they simply made them look more metallic.

I mean, chief’s looks fine in campaign, why doesn’t multiplayer armor look like this?

Master chiefs modified mjonior armor variant in my opinion is the best looking set of armor of the entire game, and coincidently the only one we can not unlock for our custom Spartan. :frowning:

I think that their should be a way to do the color customizing in three ways. Halo 3 ,reach, and 4 coloring. I prefer halo 3 and reach I don’t really like stripes all over the place. For the armor. It should ALL be tossed into a waste bin lol I know sounds impractical BUT it was that bad. (Helmets at least all of those.)

Honestly it’d be cool if they supported a painting system like Armored Core. Doesn’t have to be as extensive (most decals would be kind of silly), but only having a few colours is kind of old.

Master Chief should have this kind of design and size. Halo 4 armor do not make sense to me it wasn’t cool or realistic it looked weak but the nailed the Helmet of the Chief though

Miro transactions is not allowed on halo.

The armor itself should look better, and the way you view your armor needs to be changed too. I like Halo 3’s lighted armor box in the customization menu.

I like 4 design, I think the armor pieces need more thought and care instead of over the top sci-fi. Chief, Rookie, and Commander are the only ones I can think off the top of my head that look good. Agree with you on the metallic, I think 2 was the only one where the armor had a metallic sheen while 3 looked pastelly, Reach to me looked grainy, and 4 looks plasticy. Also, hopefully 343 decides to make the underarmor completely black like it was originally going to be instead of making the upper body your primary color which adds to the plastic feel.

Halo Reach in my opinion had the best options and best looking armour.

> > I have played every halo game and I always liked the look of the spartan armor expected the armor on Halo 4. It looks so much like a plastic armor and the design is terrible too in my opinion. Look at all the helmets, most are looking horrible.
> >
> > I think the spartan armor should look heavyer and like it is made of steel. The stil should be like in Halo Reach, Halo 3 or a mix of them.
> >
> > Who else thinks that H4 spartan armor sucks and wants the old armor design back?
>
> Halo 4 armor is actually more practical with allowing the user more movement, but a lot of the pieces are quite silly. I would want the practical Halo 4 armors as well as the Halo 3 and Halo Reach armors to return with Halo 4’s movement friendly designed look.
>
> (Excuse my overuse of the word “practical” I was in a rush when writing this post)

Halo 4’s armors are actually, by far, the most impractical armors yet seen in Halo. Wetwork, Venator, etc. are all either impossible/incredibly difficult to see out of, and that’s not even getting to how the armors don’t serve or imply what their purpose is. As someone who has pointed out the multitude of flaws in the game’s art design, it’s impressive how many times I need to point this out.

Reach armors were ugly to big etc not a fan of them. i like halo4s armors over reachs

> > > I have played every halo game and I always liked the look of the spartan armor expected the armor on Halo 4. It looks so much like a plastic armor and the design is terrible too in my opinion. Look at all the helmets, most are looking horrible.
> > >
> > > I think the spartan armor should look heavyer and like it is made of steel. The stil should be like in Halo Reach, Halo 3 or a mix of them.
> > >
> > > Who else thinks that H4 spartan armor sucks and wants the old armor design back?
> >
> > Halo 4 armor is actually more practical with allowing the user more movement, but a lot of the pieces are quite silly. I would want the practical Halo 4 armors as well as the Halo 3 and Halo Reach armors to return with Halo 4’s movement friendly designed look.
> >
> > (Excuse my overuse of the word “practical” I was in a rush when writing this post)
>
> Halo 4’s armors are actually, by far, the most impractical armors yet seen in Halo. Wetwork, Venator, etc. are all either impossible/incredibly difficult to see out of, and that’s not even getting to how the armors don’t serve or imply what their purpose is. As someone who has pointed out the multitude of flaws in the game’s art design, it’s impressive how many times I need to point this out.

Just a little tip: The exterior visor is not what the Spartans see inside their helmets.
A good example is the beginning of Reach where Noble Six is inspecting his helmet. No matter what helmet you use (even Gungnir) the interior visor is always a full display.

While I do think that a lot of Halo 4’s armour pieces are ugly, I do believe that they fit the “mass produced” look that Spartan IVs have.

> > > > I have played every halo game and I always liked the look of the spartan armor expected the armor on Halo 4. It looks so much like a plastic armor and the design is terrible too in my opinion. Look at all the helmets, most are looking horrible.
> > > >
> > > > I think the spartan armor should look heavyer and like it is made of steel. The stil should be like in Halo Reach, Halo 3 or a mix of them.
> > > >
> > > > Who else thinks that H4 spartan armor sucks and wants the old armor design back?
> > >
> > > Halo 4 armor is actually more practical with allowing the user more movement, but a lot of the pieces are quite silly. I would want the practical Halo 4 armors as well as the Halo 3 and Halo Reach armors to return with Halo 4’s movement friendly designed look.
> > >
> > > (Excuse my overuse of the word “practical” I was in a rush when writing this post)
> >
> > Halo 4’s armors are actually, by far, the most impractical armors yet seen in Halo. Wetwork, Venator, etc. are all either impossible/incredibly difficult to see out of, and that’s not even getting to how the armors don’t serve or imply what their purpose is. As someone who has pointed out the multitude of flaws in the game’s art design, it’s impressive how many times I need to point this out.
>
> Just a little tip: The exterior visor is not what the Spartans see inside their helmets.
> A good example is the beginning of Reach where Noble Six is inspecting his helmet. No matter what helmet you use (even Gungnir) the interior visor is always a full display.

Mostly because Bungie didn’t want to make separate HUDs for each helmet, but yes helmets like Gungnir would have displays inside them. Unfortunately, for Halo 4’s helmets many have restrictive vision and no exterior cameras to complete the wearer’s vision. And even if they did, then the restrictive visor would be pointless when the cameras can do the work anyway. The only reason cameras were used for Gungnir was because it was designed to work with the Splaser, and its optics became a favorite for snipers.