Spartan abilitys would ruin Halo 6

Well if 343 keeps spartan abilities in Halo it would ruin it because the maps, game play, and every thing else would just be flat boring because it would be the same as Halo 5. We have seen cool things like spartan abilities and things like that come and go for example. Halo 1 and 2 are your base Halo games the 3 picks up with equipment, Reach then goes into Ability pick ups, 4 goes full COD mode, and 5 goes with permanent spartan abilities. Well most of us can agree that the next game will have to see new things to replace Spartan Abilities. The thing the makes Halo so cool and unique is it takes risk some times for the good and some times for the bad and I think most fans of the old games would love to see some throwback maps in a new Halo game that are prepositional to the originals. Another cool thing about Halo is it has been a franchise known to do what they want with their game. For example all the features I have named above. So basically Halo should get rid of spartan abilities and sprint.

How Spartan Abilities Would Make the Next Halo the Same as This One

• Thrusters Limits map design is Halo 5. Not to much but enough to where it would be hard to see it make a return in the next game. The way it does this is in Halo 5 the maps are made so its impossible to fall off the map in the middle. Well with thrusters I am guessing that it would be very easy to be trying to evade a persons bullets and go off the map and not be able to get back in and there for you have just committed suicide. That would not be a fun experience if you fell off and died even 4 times a match so Halo 5 has to replace this with walls witch are cool but it will most likely make the next games maps feel similar to this ones. Thrusters are the only reason why I could think they would do this if you have a different reason then tell me but all their is is one in the Rig that either lots of walls around it any way. Also a tiny one in Fathom and some around the out skirts of Tyrant. - Ground Pound well this one seems to be the most noticeable one to completely change map design other then sprint only because every map seems to be around the same vertical but not to little to make this under powered and not to much to make this overpowered. Witch the maps are cool the just the way they are in this game but if the next games maps were made exactly the same it would get boring especially because we are going to be playing this one plus the spin offs for the next 3 to 4 years. - Spartan Charge I just added this one because I hate it LOL. The other ones are actually cool in Halo 5 I just cant stand why this one is in any game at all LOL so on to the next one I guess. - Sprint This once again is a cool feature in Halo 5 but I do not think it is necessary for the next one because we need map remakes. And not up scaled map remakes like Truth. I like Truth and personally it is one of my favorite maps in Halo 5 but it does not compare to some of the other maps in 1,2,3. Also it wouldn’t make sense to keep it since the original games did not have it every one knows those games play good right? Halo 3 does not sell 12 million copies for no reason. I do not care for sprint either way but I think its not to big of a risk because it would be great marketing to the millions of fans that have left the franchise. Imagine if at Xbox e3 they announced this people would go nuts especially people that play pc. If you really think sprint is a bad thing then can someone please explain why Halo 3 was the most played game for 3 years in a row. Once again I like sprint in Halo 5 but I do think even new fans will come around to it and that this is the ultimate marketing decision. Just like Halo 4 people knew sprint was in the game but still bought the game.(keep its fan base form Reach). People are still gonna come back for campaign and the reason why Halo 4 was a flop is because it has load outs, kill streaks, ect. But with this game sprint is not bad if its there or not and that is the bottom line but much more people will buy the next game if its removed no matter how much pro sprint people are in the current community or not they will buy it to.

Can 343 a t least read this. If your there 343 at least coment so I know that you have read this.

Maby i should have split this up so its not such a monster to read

I believe that this “Sprinting is ruining Halo” type of thing should continuously pop up because people need to realize what these abilities do to halo. It stretches the maps, it makes old maps feel like -Yoink-, and it’s not nostalgia. While Halo 3 was good I want a good Halo 6, something that will bring the game back to it’s prime.

And to those who try to defend sprinting please tell me why we need an illusion mechanic? It may seem like you’re going faster but it probably takes the same amount of time going from Red Base to Blue base in both old truth and new truth (no sprint and w/ sprint)

Please stop defending sprint, the majority of players DON’T want it whatsoever. Just because you like it doesn’t mean everyone else does. What we need is a Halo that goes BACK to the origins and it’s roots. So many players LEFT halo because of the mechanics you guys are defending. In order to get the millions back we need to go back to Halo’s roots

Edit : I know that no one has posted yet besides the OP but I know there will be people that do

> 2533274791752001;3:
> I believe that this “Sprinting is ruining Halo” type of thing should continuously pop up because people need to realize what these abilities do to halo. It stretches the maps, it makes old maps feel like -Yoink-, and it’s not nostalgia. While Halo 3 was good I want a good Halo 6, something that will bring the game back to it’s prime.
>
> And to those who try to defend sprinting please tell me why we need an illusion mechanic? It may seem like you’re going faster but it probably takes the same amount of time going from Red Base to Blue base in both old truth and new truth (no sprint and w/ sprint)
>
> Please stop defending sprint, the majority of players DON’T want it whatsoever. Just because you like it doesn’t mean everyone else does. What we need is a Halo that goes BACK to the origins and it’s roots. So many players LEFT halo because of the mechanics you guys are defending. In order to get the millions back we need to go back to Halo’s roots
>
> Edit : I know that no one has posted yet besides the OP but I know there will be people that do

That is wrong, because they did a poll when the either the game was released or the beta, and the majority of the people voted in favor of sprint being kept, and if you really think no sprint will bring back Halo players and make Halo a top of the line game again, well then ohhhh boy I have some bad news for you.

Utilizing these abilities to your advantage i think is what real skill is, you want classic halo? Play halo 1 2 or 3 since you miss it so much. Rest of us will enjoy the COMBAT as it EVOLVEs…

I think halo 5 is boring cause of the lack of armour ability choices. I never liked using the thruster and when I did it was for that downward thrust that it doesn’t have in halo 5.

If I knew halo 5 was going to be like this I might of got a ps4 instead.

> 2535460727672693;4:
> > 2533274791752001;3:
> > I believe that this “Sprinting is ruining Halo” type of thing should continuously pop up because people need to realize what these abilities do to halo. It stretches the maps, it makes old maps feel like -Yoink-, and it’s not nostalgia. While Halo 3 was good I want a good Halo 6, something that will bring the game back to it’s prime.
> >
> > And to those who try to defend sprinting please tell me why we need an illusion mechanic? It may seem like you’re going faster but it probably takes the same amount of time going from Red Base to Blue base in both old truth and new truth (no sprint and w/ sprint)
> >
> > Please stop defending sprint, the majority of players DON’T want it whatsoever. Just because you like it doesn’t mean everyone else does. What we need is a Halo that goes BACK to the origins and it’s roots. So many players LEFT halo because of the mechanics you guys are defending. In order to get the millions back we need to go back to Halo’s roots
> >
> > Edit : I know that no one has posted yet besides the OP but I know there will be people that do
>
>
> That is wrong, because they did a poll when the either the game was released or the beta, and the majority of the people voted in favor of sprint being kept, and if you really think no sprint will bring back Halo players and make Halo a top of the line game again, well then ohhhh boy I have some bad news for you.

Actually I remember this differently most people on waypoint voted for sprint by about 20% more than no sprint however I saw on other sites people hosting polls that were 80% for remove with a lot of voters casting theor votes. Here a post from teambeyond. Halo 5 sprint poll.Halo fans don’t all use waypoint in fact from what I can see its mostly 343 fans that use waypoint.

> 2535460727672693;4:
> > 2533274791752001;3:
> > I believe that this “Sprinting is ruining Halo” type of thing should continuously pop up because people need to realize what these abilities do to halo. It stretches the maps, it makes old maps feel like -Yoink-, and it’s not nostalgia. While Halo 3 was good I want a good Halo 6, something that will bring the game back to it’s prime.
> >
> > And to those who try to defend sprinting please tell me why we need an illusion mechanic? It may seem like you’re going faster but it probably takes the same amount of time going from Red Base to Blue base in both old truth and new truth (no sprint and w/ sprint)
> >
> > Please stop defending sprint, the majority of players DON’T want it whatsoever. Just because you like it doesn’t mean everyone else does. What we need is a Halo that goes BACK to the origins and it’s roots. So many players LEFT halo because of the mechanics you guys are defending. In order to get the millions back we need to go back to Halo’s roots
> >
> > Edit : I know that no one has posted yet besides the OP but I know there will be people that do
>
>
> That is wrong, because they did a poll when the either the game was released or the beta, and the majority of the people voted in favor of sprint being kept, and if you really think no sprint will bring back Halo players and make Halo a top of the line game again, well then ohhhh boy I have some bad news for you.

Well it would bring back both old and bring new players because Halo 3 has a place in many peoples hearts and I do think if they would announce that the new abilities are not in the game old fans would see it and come back to game they love. If they even get a small portion of the 8 million that has left they would still get about a million or 2 and now that the game is going to pc lots of fans that play pc like games that are like this. Even if Halo 5 is not like Halo 4 if they said that the game had base movements and are going back to their old roots then people would more then likely give this game a shot. PC fans are very anti COD and Halo gets a bad rep of being like cod even if it is no longer that way. So if they see that it is back to its old roots completely they are more likely to buy it. If Halo 6 is advertised as being like the originals it will get more sells. Doom was advertised as a classic shooter and it got a ton of sells because of that.

They’re probably going to make Halo 6 even more Parkour like. I have a hunch that equipment in some form will be making a return as well.

I do hope Spartan Charge leaves.

If I see Chief wall running, I’ll be selling my Xbox One by Christmas.

> 2533274805323800;5:
> Utilizing these abilities to your advantage i think is what real skill is, you want classic halo? Play halo 1 2 or 3 since you miss it so much. Rest of us will enjoy the COMBAT as it EVOLVEs…

LOL I never said I did not like Halo 5 I said for Halo 6 we need base movements because that is how the game will get the most sales. COMBAT can still EVOLVE with out changing movement in games. And honestly game companies need to stop listening to the majority of the fans because the majority of the fans do not know what good for games. Look at the new CODs exosuits are a joke and after IW it will go back to base movement. And people did not want Battlefront to be like Battlefield but because it is not it flopped because Battlefield has perfected large scale combat so if they were to add in crazy game breaking movements and take away tanks and destruction it would ruin the game completely.

Now this is not the case for Halo 5 but if they do keep the movements the maps will feel bland because the movements limit map design. Now 343 does not have to change this and they can make some abilities useless on some maps like we see on forge and they play just fine but since they do make the maps fit perfect for the movements it will get kinda old. The removal of sprint would be great advertisement for the game and boost the sales through the roof.

> 2533274803562826;7:
> > 2535460727672693;4:
> > > 2533274791752001;3:
> > > I believe that this “Sprinting is ruining Halo” type of thing should continuously pop up because people need to realize what these abilities do to halo. It stretches the maps, it makes old maps feel like -Yoink-, and it’s not nostalgia. While Halo 3 was good I want a good Halo 6, something that will bring the game back to it’s prime.
> > >
> > > And to those who try to defend sprinting please tell me why we need an illusion mechanic? It may seem like you’re going faster but it probably takes the same amount of time going from Red Base to Blue base in both old truth and new truth (no sprint and w/ sprint)
> > >
> > > Please stop defending sprint, the majority of players DON’T want it whatsoever. Just because you like it doesn’t mean everyone else does. What we need is a Halo that goes BACK to the origins and it’s roots. So many players LEFT halo because of the mechanics you guys are defending. In order to get the millions back we need to go back to Halo’s roots
> > >
> > > Edit : I know that no one has posted yet besides the OP but I know there will be people that do
> >
> >
> > That is wrong, because they did a poll when the either the game was released or the beta, and the majority of the people voted in favor of sprint being kept, and if you really think no sprint will bring back Halo players and make Halo a top of the line game again, well then ohhhh boy I have some bad news for you.
>
>
> Actually I remember this differently most people on waypoint voted for sprint by about 20% more than no sprint however I saw on other sites people hosting polls that were 80% for remove with a lot of voters casting theor votes. Here a post from teambeyond. Halo 5 sprint poll.Halo fans don’t all use waypoint in fact from what I can see its mostly 343 fans that use waypoint.

cringing you have to use a stereotype saying way pointers are 343 fans? If wager most don’t even care who the dev is, I never cared when bungie made halo, all I cared about was if its a good game. Secondly my assumption would be that considering halo waypoint is halos main forum it should be where most “halo” (notice how I’m not saying 343?) fans come to talk. As to the sprinting poll, well honestly I don’t care much for sprint to argue it anyways but there won’t be an accurate poll until 343 does a poll in game or what not on Xbox feedback, even then tho what’s stopping them from “changing” the poll around, I just distrust polls in general.

clamber and spartan charge are for nubs

@op, thrusters don’t effect map design, clambor and sprint are the only ones that are effecting the maps, none of the other abilities do, and as I said to you in another thread, halos had vertical gameplay before abilities were even added due to high grounds being placed.

I love the current game play
Just get rid of spartan charge and we’re good.

I actually love Ground Pound because it makes for funny situation and kills.

> 2533274821174589;9:
> They’re probably going to make Halo 6 even more Parkour like. I have a hunch that equipment in some form will be making a return as well.
>
> I do hope Spartan Charge leaves.

I would cry because if anything they should make it less. COD did that and IW looks like its gonna flop

Interesting post, to be honest I can’t really see them going back on this now, seems a well thought out development and something they intend to keep around.

> 2533274962122285;6:
> I think halo 5 is boring cause of the lack of armour ability choices. I never liked using the thruster and when I did it was for that downward thrust that it doesn’t have in halo 5.
>
> If I knew halo 5 was going to be like this I might of got a ps4 instead.

You must’ve been hiding in a bunker during H5s advertising period because the new movement system was heavily advertised. So unless you avoided all advertisements like the plague you would’ve known exactly what you were getting.

> 2533274805323800;5:
> Utilizing these abilities to your advantage i think is what real skill is, you want classic halo? Play halo 1 2 or 3 since you miss it so much. Rest of us will enjoy the COMBAT as it EVOLVEs…

A) you stole my line…

B) This is exactly what I was going to say. I don’t understand why people want to play the exact same game, but with a different name. If you want to play a halo that is “back to the roots” then here’s a novel idea for you: go back to the roots and play the old Halo games. Those of us who want to play something new and exciting will play the new games. Are there things that were better in past Halos? Yes. I’m not going to argue that. Does that mean Halo needs to just be a continuous remake of the old games? No.

As Mad Man said: let’s let the Combat Evolve.

> 2535467631720415;19:
> > 2533274805323800;5:
> > Utilizing these abilities to your advantage i think is what real skill is, you want classic halo? Play halo 1 2 or 3 since you miss it so much. Rest of us will enjoy the COMBAT as it EVOLVEs…
>
>
> A) you stole my line…
>
> B) This is exactly what I was going to say. I don’t understand why people want to play the exact same game, but with a different name. If you want to play a halo that is “back to the roots” then here’s a novel idea for you: go back to the roots and play the old Halo games. Those of us who want to play something new and exciting will play the new games. Are there things that were better in past Halos? Yes. I’m not going to argue that. Does that mean Halo needs to just be a continuous remake of the old games? No.
>
> As Mad Man said: let’s let the Combat Evolve.

I said it was cool how they changed the,movement but just like Halo 3 with equipment, Reach with ability pick ups it should go back and,change sothing else not movement. With mo sprint that more people will want to play if they advertize ot well.