Spartan Abilities

Watching the Live Stream, I’m liking all of the Spartan Abilities.

Slide, charge, and even ground pound can actually positively change Halo. I’m still hesitant of the “Smart Scope” because it looks like ADS, even if it actually isn’t.

The chat went nuts of people being like “NO NO NO *** YOU 343 YOU SUCK AAAHHH” and I’m sitting there literally facepalming.

However I do like the smart scope. Why? This smart scope was continually hinted at in the old books of Halo. Why they are now just implementing it is beyond me, and why they haven’t actually given you the abilities that Spartan IIs were able to do is still beyond me. I’m seriously glad for this change and can’t wait for Halo 5.

Oh and people said it was like Halo AW. More facepalms.

I thought abilities weren’t going to be in. I love slide and the mount one so far.

> 2709531740106256;3:
> I thought abilities weren’t going to be in. I love slide and the mount one so far.

Armor Abilities won’t be in, Spartan Abilities don’t seem to be that.

All the abilities look pretty sweet so far. Can’t wait to play the beta.

> 2535464740959821;2:
> The chat went nuts of people being like “NO NO NO *** YOU 343 YOU SUCK AAAHHH” and I’m sitting there literally facepalming.
>
> However I do like the smart scope. Why? This smart scope was continually hinted at in the old books of Halo. Why they are now just implementing it is beyond me, and why they haven’t actually given you the abilities that Spartan IIs were able to do is still beyond me. I’m seriously glad for this change and can’t wait for Halo 5.
>
> Oh and people said it was like Halo AW. More facepalms.

I had to stop looking at the chat, it was too much stupid at one time.

> 2533274812652989;4:
> > 2709531740106256;3:
> > I thought abilities weren’t going to be in. I love slide and the mount one so far.
>
>
> Armor Abilities won’t be in, Spartan Abilities don’t seem to be that.

It’s less annoying armor abilities that everyone has all the time. Arena multiplayer based. Which automatically makes it 10x better.

> 2533274908138382;6:
> > 2533274812652989;4:
> > > 2709531740106256;3:
> > > I thought abilities weren’t going to be in. I love slide and the mount one so far.
> >
> >
> >
> > Armor Abilities won’t be in, Spartan Abilities don’t seem to be that.
>
>
> It’s less annoying armor abilities that everyone has all the time. Arena multiplayer based. Which automatically makes it 10x better.

Hey, people wanted fairer gameplay and if everyone has access to these abilities at all times, I’ll accept it.

> 2533274812652989;7:
> > 2533274908138382;6:
> > > 2533274812652989;4:
> > > > 2709531740106256;3:
> > > > I thought abilities weren’t going to be in. I love slide and the mount one so far.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Armor Abilities won’t be in, Spartan Abilities don’t seem to be that.
> >
> >
> >
> > It’s less annoying armor abilities that everyone has all the time. Arena multiplayer based. Which automatically makes it 10x better.
>
>
> Hey, people wanted fairer gameplay and if everyone has access to these abilities at all times, I’ll accept it.

Me too. I’m all over it.

Just going by what they’ve shown, I think they’ve done the best implementation of abilities so far. Some of the ideas were always a solid concept, but neither Reach or 4 got it right. This time around it seems like they’ve taken the criticism from the last four years and actually made it work. It could still go either way, but this seems like a good start and hopefully, with the beta, they’ll get all the feedback they need to really make it work. That gameplay footage really took me back to Halo 3.

So this buffs up Spartans eh? I wonder how much more powerful they are now.

The only one I have a problem with is spartan charge. I feel like with this ability there will just be a bunch of Spartans sprinting at you all the time. I also cant say I love the slide feature because it puts even more emphasis on sprint because while I like sprint in halo I think that normal movement should still be the primary means of movement and these spartan abilities will put way to much emphasis on sprinting making it so that people will only ever stop sprinting to shoot their weapon. And once that happens it wont really feel like halo anymore.

Smart scope, which is really just aim down sights, ground pound, and slide (which are from crysis dont need to be included in the game

Smart scope, which is really just aim down sights, ground pound, and slide (which are from crysis dont need to be included in the game