Spartan Abilities in Campaign?

After playing the beta, I was generally satisfied with the gameplay. The Spartan Abilities were a bit cartoony, but Halo has always been. However, although SA’s work well in multiplayer, I think that having them in Campaign would be a bit much. I’d like the story to have a more serious tone unlike the lively fun tone of multiplayer. Spartan Abilities would interfere with that

> 2533274886246836;1:
> After playing the beta, I was generally satisfied with the gameplay. The Spartan Abilities were a bit cartoony, but Halo has always been. However, although SA’s work well in multiplayer, I think that having them in Campaign would be a bit much. I’d like the story to have a more serious tone unlike the lively fun tone of multiplayer. Spartan Abilities would interfere with that

What are you talking about? How does having thrust or charge or ground pound take away from the tone of the game? It can be the most serious game in the world but there is still going to be combat and I see nothing wrong with Chief groundpounding an unsuspecting Elite or Promethean.

And we know Spartan Abilities are in campaign and there will be elements of gameplay built in to encourage players to learn and use them. Frankie said as much on GAF when someone called SA’s pointless… specifically he said they allow them [343i] to do interesting things in campaign and “as of yet unannounced MP stuff.”

Then don’t use them?

I don’t see how they could interfere in the slightest. Even the often debated AAs in Reach were never a matter of debate for campaign. It was fun to jetpack around with ODSTs. It was fun to go into armor lock as an Elite tried to slice your face off.

I think Spartan abilities in H5 will be even easier to incorporate without changing the tone of the game.

Besides you wouldn’t want Chief or Locke being technologically inferior to every other Spartan IV would you?

> 2533274886246836;1:
> After playing the beta, I was generally satisfied with the gameplay. The Spartan Abilities were a bit cartoony, but Halo has always been. However, although SA’s work well in multiplayer, I think that having them in Campaign would be a bit much. I’d like the story to have a more serious tone unlike the lively fun tone of multiplayer. Spartan Abilities would interfere with that

I honestly found all the Spartan abilities to have a genuinely badass visual style, not cartooney or over the top. I think they will fit in with the grit of halo campaigns very well and WILL NOT interfere with the serious tone. But that’s just my opinion.