Spartan abilities good or bad?

what does you guys think about Spartan abilities they weren’t present in the other Halo games besides Halo wars 2 where Jerome 92 could ground pound, but honestly do we want or not want ground-pounding Spartan charging and boosting in Halo infinite we know there will be grappling hooks so will that put boosting behind us I know that might seem like a step down in technology,b will it be better?

I am not a fan of Spartan abilities. I would rather have equipment as limited use map pick ups. They really should have expanded on that rather than start the whole Spartan abilities. Now I feel Infinite may get it right as I don’t so much mind sprint and even clamber as those are natural abilities. But in H5 I was cool with ground pound as it had to be charged and then aimed so it did take skill to use really. Spartan charge was total toilet though. It should have been like Spartan charge where it had to charge and be aimed OR at least couldn’t be used if the player was being shot. It was way to much of a reward to sprint around the map like a mad man cause you could just charge some one and pretty much one shot them… It was an even noobier noob combo really.

Personally, it was good on paper just executed poorly

Do I hate the game? No I don’t, it’s rather enjoyable despite the main flaws, I’m just not a bit Spartan Abilities fan

> 2535428779736382;3:
> Personally, it was good on paper just executed poorly
>
> Do I hate the game? No I don’t, it’s rather enjoyable despite the main flaws, I’m just not a bit Spartan Abilities fan

I agree completely.
Spartan Abilities sounded pretty cool when the news first came out but from beta to full release they’ve always given a weird vibe to online play. Especially as time went on and people really figured out how to use them.

I prefer standard gunplay way more. #BackToBasics

They’re cool but I prefer them to be loadout based like Reach or map pickups

Ground pound and spartan charge should be removed, however I like the idea of boost, slide, and climbing. Sprint should be in the campaign only if it’s going to be in infinite.

Infinite sprint, clamber, thruster, slide, and ground pound add value and fun. Spartan charge is ok, players who rely on that a lot tend to be easy pickings so I’m fine with keeping that too.

My opinion and short answer is yes

Seems to me like this should be in the halo infinite or general discussion thread areas. Anyway I like what halo 5 had but infinite looks, like it would feel more organic. I know that probably didn’t make sense to all of you. How should I say this, I think it looked more like older halo. The general theme and game play of halo 5 was fast and overly competitive. Halo infinite looked really fun and less serious but still had elements of 5 and 3.

I like the grapple hook idea and no thrusters. But I am a fan of loadouts and having my jetpack. I’m curious to see how the game feels and how we can use the grapple hook to think out side the box.

> 2535405584906594;1:
> what does you guys think about Spartan abilities they weren’t present in the other Halo games besides Halo wars 2 where Jerome 92 could ground pound, but honestly do we want or not want ground-pounding Spartan charging and boosting in Halo infinite we know there will be grappling hooks so will that put boosting behind us I know that might seem like a step down in technology,b will it be better?

I absolutely love them. I’ve played since 2001 and H5 to me is the best MP hands down. I love it.

They’re soo cool man

I hated them at first but gotta admit its fun usin thrusters for movement.

> 2533274793248870;9:
> > 2535405584906594;1:
> > what does you guys think about Spartan abilities they weren’t present in the other Halo games besides Halo wars 2 where Jerome 92 could ground pound, but honestly do we want or not want ground-pounding Spartan charging and boosting in Halo infinite we know there will be grappling hooks so will that put boosting behind us I know that might seem like a step down in technology,b will it be better?
>
> I absolutely love them. I’ve played since 2001 and H5 to me is the best MP hands down. I love it.

nice support of 343, I agree that Spartan Charge is way overpowered and weird but boost and ground pound, made the game fast paced and fun. anybody else feel that Infinite looks like Assasins creed, titanfall 2, destiny 2, and halo mushed?

> 2533274793248870;9:
> > 2535405584906594;1:
> > what does you guys think about Spartan abilities they weren’t present in the other Halo games besides Halo wars 2 where Jerome 92 could ground pound, but honestly do we want or not want ground-pounding Spartan charging and boosting in Halo infinite we know there will be grappling hooks so will that put boosting behind us I know that might seem like a step down in technology,b will it be better?
>
> I absolutely love them. I’ve played since 2001 and H5 to me is the best MP hands down. I love it.

i think so too

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I am not a fan of Spartan abilities. I would rather have equipment as limited use map pick ups. They really should have expanded on that rather than start the whole Spartan abilities. Now I feel Infinite may get it right as I don’t so much mind sprint and even clamber as those are natural abilities. But in H5 I was cool with ground pound as it had to be charged and then aimed so it did take skill to use really. Spartan charge was total toilet though. It should have been like Spartan charge where it had to charge and be aimed OR at least couldn’t be used if the player was being shot. It was way to much of a reward to sprint around the map like a mad man cause you could just charge some one and pretty much one shot them… It was an even noobier noob combo really.

I feel like we should get a HUD alert when an enemy is charging

> 2533274816788253;2:
> I am not a fan of Spartan abilities. I would rather have equipment as limited use map pick ups. They really should have expanded on that rather than start the whole Spartan abilities. Now I feel Infinite may get it right as I don’t so much mind sprint and even clamber as those are natural abilities. But in H5 I was cool with ground pound as it had to be charged and then aimed so it did take skill to use really. Spartan charge was total toilet though. It should have been like Spartan charge where it had to charge and be aimed OR at least couldn’t be used if the player was being shot. It was way to much of a reward to sprint around the map like a mad man cause you could just charge some one and pretty much one shot them… It was an even noobier noob combo really.

i have to agree, lining up a shot and getting spartan charged is just stupid

back in the day when they where introduced with Halo Reach i hated them, and especially with how Reach played. (Reach is still the worst Halo MP in the series imo) after 343 fixed the errors of Reach and introduced their own set of problems i was at least happy that it wasnt Reach. Then Halo 5 came out and i fell in love with the MP. i really enjoy it.

> 2533274861671321;16:
> back in the day when they where introduced with Halo Reach i hated them, and especially with how Reach played. (Reach is still the worst Halo MP in the series imo) after 343 fixed the errors of Reach and introduced their own set of problems i was at least happy that it wasnt Reach. Then Halo 5 came out and i fell in love with the MP. i really enjoy it.

Nice

I cant wait to get out of bounds with one grappling hook

For me personally,

I’d pick even starts, spawn trait spartan abilities over pick up equipment any day of the week. The abilities in h5 have added an extra dimension to the gameplay in both aspects of new skills to master and fun factor. Not to say it’s perfect of course, there exists some fine tunings or even a removal of at least 1, but for the most part I really enjoy playing halo 5.

The grapple hook looks lack luster to me. Not only does it just look like it doesn’t belong, but it just doesn’t look fun at all to use from what I seen in that teaser. Will it be replacing the thrusters? It certainly looks like it is. There was no thrust movement used in the teaser.

My biggest concern is that halo infinite won’t feel really fun to play for me. Old classic halo was fun when that old game was the new game of that year…but today I simply can’t play then. It’s just not fun at all for me.

Halo 5 has it’s own problems as well that are aside from the topic on abilities, but on topic I love playing this game…even though it can be an EXTREMELY frustrating game at times lol but that’s only cause I suck at the game.

Depends on the armor ability