Spartan Abilities can help design boss fights!

After the disapointing boss fight with the Didact that I saw in Halo 4 on youtube, I hope Halo 5 stops using quick time events and goes back to boss fights.

Halo 2’s heritic leader, regret and tartarus
Halo 3’s guilty spark
were all decent boss fights, but some people felt they were a bit bullet spongey.

I play Zelda, and often with Zelda bossses you need an item/skill to defeat them.

What if Halo 5 bosses required spartan abilities to take them down? The gameplay would be great and they would require stratagey than just bullet sponges. For example, one boss can be Jul Madama, the story could be that he was given a hardlight overshield by his fellow prometheans. He is invaunrable to all weapon fire, unless the player ground pounds a switch located near him (that will turn off the external forerunner generator that powers his hardlight overshields). Then he will take cover in a metal booth and attack from in there. The player will need to spartan charge to get him out. Now that he is vaunrable this would be the time the player can open fire and lay bullets into him. His hardlight shield will then regenerate and the player will need to repeat the process three times. On the final time Jul will call in a litch to back him up to fire a blast that is undodgable unless you slide underneath it (the blast takes up the whole screen). The player will have to sprint then do the slide spartan ability to dodge the blast in time.

this is just an idea. I’m sure if 343 designed bosses with stratagy to defeat and implimented spartan abilities, they would be a blast.

> 2535458519038161;1:
> Halo 3’s guilty spark
> was a decent boss fight

Ooooo that loses a little credibility lol.

But anyway, I agree with your message. I hope QTEs are gone and any boss fights that pop up are more dynamic.

Hmmm, I just imagined Chief jumping from the bridge, using ground pound and turning Regret into a prophet pancake.

> 2533274803493024;2:
> > 2535458519038161;1:
> > Halo 3’s guilty spark
> > was a decent boss fight
>
>
> Ooooo that loses a little credibility lol.
>
> But anyway, I agree with your message. I hope QTEs are gone and any boss fights that pop up are more dynamic.

I didn’t consider spark a boss fight at all. Halo’s boss fights have been mediocre since halo 2 really hopefully halo 5 can change that.

> 2533274863266427;4:
> > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > 2535458519038161;1:
> > > Halo 3’s guilty spark
> > > was a decent boss fight
> >
> >
> > Ooooo that loses a little credibility lol.
> >
> > But anyway, I agree with your message. I hope QTEs are gone and any boss fights that pop up are more dynamic.
>
>
> I didn’t consider spark a boss fight at all. Hali’s boss fights have been mediocre since halo 2 really hopefully halo 5 can change that.

I thought he was a bit of a boss, it was the climactic final battle.

on another note, your profile picture is attractive :slight_smile:

> 2535458519038161;5:
> > 2533274863266427;4:
> > > 2533274803493024;2:
> > > > 2535458519038161;1:
> > > > Halo 3’s guilty spark
> > > > was a decent boss fight
> > >
> > >
> > > Ooooo that loses a little credibility lol.
> > >
> > > But anyway, I agree with your message. I hope QTEs are gone and any boss fights that pop up are more dynamic.
> >
> >
> > I didn’t consider spark a boss fight at all. Hali’s boss fights have been mediocre since halo 2 really hopefully halo 5 can change that.
>
>
> I thought he was a bit of a boss, it was the climactic final battle.
>
> on another note, your profile picture is attractive :slight_smile:

Attractive is what i do baby… Coughs but back on topic.

> 2535458519038161;1:
> After the disapointing boss fight with the Didact that I saw in Halo 4 on youtube, I hope Halo 5 stops using quick time events and goes back to boss fights.
>
> Halo 2’s heritic leader, regret and tartarus
> Halo 3’s guilty spark
> were all decent boss fights, but some people felt they were a bit bullet spongey.
>
> I play Zelda, and often with Zelda bossses you need an item/skill to defeat them.
>
> What if Halo 5 bosses required spartan abilities to take them down? The gameplay would be great and they would require stratagey than just bullet sponges. For example, one boss can be Jul Madama, the story could be that he was given a hardlight overshield by his fellow prometheans. He is invaunrable to all weapon fire, unless the player ground pounds a switch located near him (that will turn off the external forerunner generator that powers his hardlight overshields). Then he will take cover in a metal booth and attack from in there. The player will need to spartan charge to get him out. Now that he is vaunrable this would be the time the player can open fire and lay bullets into him. His hardlight shield will then regenerate and the player will need to repeat the process three times. On the final time Jul will call in a litch to back him up to fire a blast that is undodgable unless you slide underneath it (the blast takes up the whole screen). The player will have to sprint then do the slide spartan ability to dodge the blast in time.
>
> this is just an idea. I’m sure if 343 designed bosses with stratagy to defeat and implimented spartan abilities, they would be a blast.

Maybe not that complicated but yes something like that would be cool.

Maybe a specific ability allocated to each boss?

343 guilty Spark was not even a boss fight. You just had to splaser him in is none face.