spartan 4 prowess

OK, so…here is what I was thinking (thinking…shocking I know)

we are told Spartans are bad -Yoinks!-, we hear how insanely high tech and expensive their armors are and blah blah blah blabbity blah

but what about a showcase of it, to get us all pumped…

Something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJlpC3IUycI

no no, watch it I’ll wait here

see what I mean? we need something like that… a trailer to showcase the utter epicness of our spartans

If you haven’t noticed, spartans got less epic after Halo 3.

Nothing screams epic like a cheaper, less powerful armor suit slapped on adult volunteers.

/Rant. lol.

> If you haven’t noticed, spartans got less epic after Halo 3.

Well the Spartans in Reach were Spartan III’s that had no fleshed out background and were boring, unlikeable characters at best. I don’t really count them as the Spartan III’s in the books were badass.

As for Halo 4 we haven’t seen the new Spartan IV’s in action or heard anything about them apart from the fact that they are adult volunteers so we can’t really judge.

I just hope they have their identities stripped and are dehumanised to the point of being Spartan II’s as well as pumped up with steroids. That would make them badass again. There’s just something about a Spartan having a last name and a family that bugs me, you know?

OT: I’d rather see the Spartan IV’s in a cutscene like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cRZ24BVKM

Crysis is just too…fantasy-like if you ask me. Let’s stick to our roots.

> Nothing screams epic like a cheaper, less powerful armor suit slapped on adult volunteers.
>
> /Rant. lol.

yes I agree… why do you think we NEED this man?

also who said their armors and enhancements are cheaper? official lore link please?

> > If you haven’t noticed, spartans got less epic after Halo 3.
>
> Well the Spartans in Reach were Spartan III’s that had no fleshed out background and were boring, unlikeable characters at best. I don’t really count them as the Spartan III’s in the books were badass.
>
> As for Halo 4 we haven’t seen the new Spartan IV’s in action or heard anything about them apart from the fact that they are adult volunteers so we can’t really judge.
>
> I just hope they have their identities stripped and are dehumanised to the point of being Spartan II’s as well as pumped up with steroids. That would make them badass again. There’s just something about a Spartan having a last name and a family that bugs me, you know?
>
> OT: I’d rather see the Spartan IV’s in a cutscene like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cRZ24BVKM
>
> Crysis is just too…fantasy-like if you ask me. Let’s stick to our roots.

right…mine was merely an example…the cut scene is epic tho

They might do this nearer to release time. But you got to cut them some slack, its 343i first time doing this.
Bungie made 5 or 6 games. They knew how to do it.

> They might do this nearer to release time. But you got to cut them some slack, its 343i first time doing this.
> Bungie made 5 or 6 games. They knew how to do it.

well a good chunk of 343i is comprised by bungie employees

> > They might do this nearer to release time. But you got to cut them some slack, its 343i first time doing this.
> > Bungie made 5 or 6 games. They knew how to do it.
>
> well a good chunk of 343i is comprised by bungie employees

There are 200+ people at 343i.

The number that came from Bungie can be counted on one hand.

3, I believe.

> > > They might do this nearer to release time. But you got to cut them some slack, its 343i first time doing this.
> > > Bungie made 5 or 6 games. They knew how to do it.
> >
> > well a good chunk of 343i is comprised by bungie employees
>
> There are 200+ people at 343i.
>
> The number that came from Bungie can be counted on one hand.
>
>
> 3, I believe.

actually 300+ but surely the number of ex bungie employees is not that low

> actually 300+ but surely the number of ex bungie employees is not that low

> O’Connor: There’s a few ex-Bungie people at 343, but the vast majority of people are new, but they’re all old to Halo. Every single person came to the interview because they had some passion for Halo. Normally you can’t chose your family, but in this case, we could. And they also bring in different cultural experiences, different technological experiences, different design ethics and visions. So we have this incredible melting pot of passionate Halo fans with incredible new ideas and brilliant new approaches.

LINK