Spartan 4 or mjolnir 4??? for mp

I am still confused by what was said in the Halo4 vidoc about Spartan 4’s being in the multiplayer.

Do they mean by Spartan 4, as a generation of Spatans such as, Master Chief is a Spartan 2, the next generation of Spartans were the Spartan 3’s (which are described in the Ghosts of Onyx), and this being the generation after. If so is this described in any of the recent novels? Because I have yet to read the most recent ones.

Or do they simply mean Spartan mark4 MJOLNIR armor, such as the Master chief in Halo: CE is a mark 5 MJOLNIR armor and after he is a mark 6 MJOLNIR armor. Which would mean that the MP Spartans in Halo4 would simply be intergrated with MJOLNIR armor, but mark 4.

Most likely Spartan 4’s wearing Mjolnir MKVII

Halo 1 - Spartan II in Mk V
Halo 2 - Spartan II in Mk VI
Halo 3 - Spartan II in Mk VI

Halo Reach - Spartan III in Mk V variants

Halo 4 - Spartan IV in presumably Mk VII but possibly Mk VI variants

Nope they mean Spartan 4’s as in the generations not armor.

Reason behind I think is because at the end of Glasslands (book) the Spartan 4 program had begun, or already started (i don’t remember). Anyways they wanted in corporate some stuff from the books and Spartan 4’s is one of them. Besides Halo 4 as Spartan 4’s? Seems logical (lol)

but yeah.

Poor old Spartan-IIIs, they only got one game… I hope they return.

> Most likely Spartan 4’s wearing Mjolnir MKVII

This sounds likely. In Glasslands, it’s stated that MJOLNIR is in Mk. VII now, so it’s possible the Spartan-4’s could be issued this.

> Poor old Spartan-IIIs, they only got one game… I hope they return.

Only 1 game? Don’t forget the 3 books they were in, but I also hope they make another appearance.

Ok thank you all for the help. Looks like I will have to read Glasslands before halo4. This really comes as a surprise that there is a next generation of Spartans! :slight_smile:

Yeah but the thing is that I never felt like a Spartan 3 playing Reach. Like for example; Jorge is a Spartan 2, but is wearing similar armor to Noble team, which are Spartan 3’s. It would have been alot better if they made you feel like a Spartan 3 and added good story to it. I didn’t even know Most of Noble team were spartan3’s till later on after the release of Reach O_o’, and when i found out they were, I was like whuuuuuuutttt! Spartan 3’s are supposed to be a secret!

But yeah I hope we see more Spartan 3’s.

Thought they said spartan 4 in MM.

Spartan IIIs were made for suicide missions, and were meant to die.

So im hoping they DONT return.

> Ok thank you all for the help. Looks like I will have to read Glasslands before halo4. This really comes as a surprise that there is a next generation of Spartans! :slight_smile:

I know right, I’m still surprised there are SPARTAN-IIIs.

It is also implied in Glasslands that some of the spartan IV are made of existing spartan IIs, and IIIs, as well as USNC special forces like odst’s and others as well.