Spartan 2/3s and Vehicles

Basicly a rundown of how 343 Ind could use both Spartan 2s and 3s (Along with the Arbiters and normal elites)

Arbiters/SIIs:

This class is the typical ‘heavy’ in the group. They have better shielding, recovers health automatically, and can duel wield weapons. This class can even run faster and jump higher than their counterparts. However, such strength comes at a price. While they can roam the battlefield as a tank, they do not have access to the tech that the newer generations possess. Their size also disallows them the opportunity to use some vehicles.

Elites/SIIIs:

Newer troops mean newer tech. However, with the mass production of the now standard troups, this class of soldier does not share the same strengths as their predecessors. This means they are slower, and cannot jump as high, nor can they duel wield. Strength is’nt everything, as this generation has access to a wider array of tools at their disposal that the former cannot (Armor abilities), and have access to all vehicles.

-Vehicles:

-Human)

Warthog
*Transport- Seats 5 indivisuals on one Hog.
*LAAG (Light Anti Aircraft Gun, or the machine gun)
*Gauss
*Rocket

Hornet
*Transport
*Combat
*Hawk (Elite/SIII only)

Falcon
*Combat -interchangeable machinegun/grenade option, and has a gun on the nose of the vehicle for the pilot to operate.
*Transport- seats up to 5 passengers.
*Support (The one from the standard Reach settings)

Stationary Weapon Platforms- immobile weapons that be activated or deactivated by special means.
*Machine Gun
*Gauss Cannons
*Anti Air (Rockets)

Scorpion
*Grizzly (Elite/SIII only)

Mongoose
Elephant
Pelican
Cobra (Elite/SIII only)
Wolverine (Elite/SIII only)
Vulture
Gremlin (Elite/SIII only)
Cyclops (Elite/SIII only)
Sabre
Civilian Vehicles
ODST Drop Pod (Available only in the Spawning options, but can be placed as an inanimate object)

-Alien)

Wraith
*Mortar
*Anti Air

Shade Turret
*Standard
*Anti Air

Ghost
Banshee
Chopper
Spectre
Prowler
Revenant
Scarab
Locust (Elites/SIII only)
Seraph (Elites/SIII only)
Spirit
Phantom
Drop Ship
Biped Drop Pod

I love this idea, but there are no physical differences between spartan 2’s and 3’s bodies
Spartan 2s just have better armor and because it’s halo 4 their armor would probably be amazing and have an equal tech level no matter what generation spartan they are. Because humans have begun to covert and revers engineer forerunner technology into their own. But apart from that I really like your idea dude. I reckon their should be a wider range of armor upgrade classification because your idea would work as an armor upgrade in game not two different specie classification.

> I love this idea, but there are no physical differences between spartan 2’s and 3’s bodies
> Spartan 2s just have better armor and because it’s halo 4 their armor would probably be amazing and have an equal tech level no matter what generation spartan they are. Because humans have begun to covert and revers engineer forerunner technology into their own. But apart from that I really like your idea dude. I reckon their should be a wider range of armor upgrade classification because your idea would work as an armor upgrade in game <mark>not two different specie classification.</mark>

Other than that, I agree.

Assuming I understood the point right, you’re trying to suggest a class system. That’s why I immediately have to say no. I’m sorry, but Halo doesn’t work as a class based game. Sure, this isn’t a useless idea and would work in special gametypes like Invasion. But it would work for regular gameplay, not even for BTB.

Halo is, after all, a game where everyone starts at equal ground. Class system could so easily break the game. And I personally don’t think that having some vehicles and armor abilities as the only advantage is a good idea. Most of the combat happens on foot even in Invasion. This would render the regular Elite/Spartan 3 class pretty much useless. So much in Halo is also about speed, shield strength and health that armor abilities wouldn’t be much of an advantage.

Now when we look on the canon side of things. Even though multiplayer or gameplay mechanics don’t need to follow canon completely, I still don’t think that restricting certain equipment and vehicles to one class makes sense. After all, both classes have pretty much the same set of armor, both would be able to utilize all vehicles and armor abilities.

some corrections:

Elites are soldiers,

Arbiters are the SUPREME ELITES!

and just to be clear, S2’s seem to be better at their jobs that S3’s

don’t discriminate people to certain vehicles

vehicles are for EVERYONE

but regardless, i really want some vehicles
reach dissapointed me, there are only a few vehicles, and said vehicles, have paper armor

343 PLEASE CONSIDER ADDING HW VEHICLES AND OTHERS TO HALO 4 YOU WILL MAKE ALL PILOTS (myself included) WILL LOVE YOU TO HELL!!!

All player models can look different but they should play the same, like the Elites and Spartans in Halo 2/3. The way they handled that in Reach was just awful.

> I love this idea, but there are no physical differences between spartan 2’s and 3’s bodies
> Spartan 2s just have better armor and because it’s halo 4 their armor would probably be amazing and have an equal tech level no matter what generation spartan they are. Because humans have begun to covert and revers engineer forerunner technology into their own. But apart from that I really like your idea dude. I reckon their should be a wider range of armor upgrade classification because your idea would work as an armor upgrade in game not two different specie classification.

Actually, there are a few notable differences between the Spartan 2s and 3s, as well as the differences between Arbiters and normal elites. For one, the Spartan 3s are smaller than their 2nd generation versions, and physically weaker. Not to mention the Spartan 3s armor is less specialized than the 2nd as well. Noble team was an exception as the rest of them wore SPI armor, which was used more for infiltration rather than for stand up fighting. They may have been given more in numbers, but the originals still stand above them in the physical sense.

I was not suggesting a class based system at all. Basically I wanted a choice between the 2 variants of spartan which people may enjoy the most. If they want to choose to be the normal Halo 2 and 3 type spartan, they can do so. Having a Spartan 3 combat which shows a bit more diversity in certain situations, then they can do that as well. I would not want to go back to loadouts like how Reach did. That was awful.

> > I love this idea, but there are no physical differences between spartan 2’s and 3’s bodies
> > Spartan 2s just have better armor and because it’s halo 4 their armor would probably be amazing and have an equal tech level no matter what generation spartan they are. Because humans have begun to covert and revers engineer forerunner technology into their own. But apart from that I really like your idea dude. I reckon their should be a wider range of armor upgrade classification because your idea would work as an armor upgrade in game not two different specie classification.
>
> Actually, there are a few notable differences between the Spartan 2s and 3s, as well as the differences between Arbiters and normal elites. For one, the Spartan 3s are smaller than their 2nd generation versions, and physically weaker. Not to mention the Spartan 3s armor is less specialized than the 2nd as well. Noble team was an exception as the rest of them wore SPI armor, which was used more for infiltration rather than for stand up fighting. They may have been given more in numbers, but the originals still stand above them in the physical sense.
>
> I was not suggesting a class based system at all. Basically I wanted a choice between the 2 variants of spartan which people may enjoy the most. If they want to choose to be the normal Halo 2 and 3 type spartan, they can do so. Having a Spartan 3 combat which shows a bit more diversity in certain situations, then they can do that as well. I would not want to go back to loadouts like how Reach did. That was awful.

The Spartan 3s aren’t that much smaller and they are not weaker, their armor is just so much worse than the 2’s armor.

But what if Elites aren’t in Halo 4? Their presence in multiplayer would be kind of lost.

> But what if Elites aren’t in Halo 4? Their presence in multiplayer would be kind of lost.

Ha ha good point, that didn’t even come to mind XD

While I do see the effort that you’ve put into this idea and would see how it be cool, I do have to agree with others when they say that it just isn’t Halo. As mentioned before, Halo is a game where everybody starts off on an equal ground and have the same strengths and weaknesses as everybody else until they pick up a new weapon. This allows skill to be the main determinate factor in whether you’ll win or not. At least, that’s how it is in theory.

Your idea would add an imbalance into the game, kind of like what Reach did with armour abilities, and would be hard to balance. This is one of those times where simple truly is better. On non-vehicle maps, the Spartan-II class of soldiers would almost always win, and the opposite can be said in vehicle-heavy games. That does not translate as fun gameplay in a Halo environment. In a Battlefield-style game, however, it would probably work better.

Thats not correct. The S2’s had serious physical augmentations, like the ceramic bone mesh and whatnot. S3’s didn’t have any of those surgical augments. That’s why in Reach, Jorge is like 2 feet taller than everyone else. He’s a S2.

> > I love this idea, but there are no physical differences between spartan 2’s and 3’s bodies
>
> Thats not correct. The S2’s had serious physical augmentations, like the ceramic bone mesh and whatnot. S3’s didn’t have any of those surgical augments. That’s why in Reach, Jorge is like 2 feet taller than everyone else. He’s a S2.

If you have read the whole of Halo Onyx and Glasslands then you will see that there are no physical differences between the two Spartan generations, 3s had the same augmentations and surgeries to make them the best soldiers. The only thing that makes Spartan 2s better is the fact that some have A.Is and their armor is dramatically better than the 3’s armor and they had way more time to train.

The only reason why I would say that the generation 3 design is better is because anyone can be a spartan 3 there is no specific traits that need to be found for someone to be a spartan 3, just tenacity and motive.

I stand corrected. I knew they had all the reflex/sight augments, but i didn’t realize they had the ceramic skeletons as well.

> I stand corrected. I knew they had all the reflex/sight augments, but i didn’t realize they had the ceramic skeletons as well.

I was shocked when I found that out to. I had always thought that they were cheaper because their bodies were worse. It turns out that they were cheaper because their armor was cheaper and they didn’t need to be stolen then covered for by flash clones.

Well, in certain cases I would agree with some your arguments here, but I wanted to remain canon to the storyline, as well as delve into gameplay mechanics. To sorta compromise, I would suggest that there be gametypes that can revolve around using one or both in certain kinds of situtions. Like you could be a S3, die, then become a S2. It would follow along with a name like Generation Conflict matches. Otherwise it would be purely S2 Vs S2, or if anyone would like the Reach experience, to go with gametypes revolving around S3s.

I don’t agree with the limited vehicular part, but other than that, Genius.

> I don’t agree with the limited vehicular part, but other than that, Genius.

That is there so that there is some sort of advantage of diversity over the Spartan IIs. Spartan 3s may be able to use less powerful armor, but they compensate by being able to use AAs and all Vehicles. But they can’t duel wield.

Spartan 2s can duel wield and regenerate health, but their armor, while more powerful as the SPI, is not sophisticated enough to use AAs, and their size does not allow them to fit into the cockpit of the special vehicles. Pros and cons.

> Spartan 2s just have better armor and because it’s halo 4 their armor would probably be amazing and have an equal tech level no matter what generation spartan they are. Because humans have begun to covert and revers engineer forerunner technology into their own. But apart from that I really like your idea dude. I reckon their should be a wider range of armor upgrade classification because your idea would work as an armor upgrade in game not two different specie classification.

Well, the Spartans IIs definately had the better armor (With Noble being a notable exception) Otherwise, they had the less than useful SPI (Semi-Power Infiltration) Armor.

So really the only difference comes down to whether you’re wearing SPI armor or Mjolnir armor. As it’s been stated all Spartans out of Armor are the same, aside from the mental attributes the S2s had that was the reason they were chosen for the program, just as some S3s were chosen to wear Mjolnir armor for having the same attributes. Noble team isn’t the only team of S3s that wore the Mjolnir armor, but they do wear the same armor as the S2s and therefore S2s would have armor abilities as well, and if that’s the case the S3s in SPI armor would really only have active camo. So not only would they be easier to kill, they would really have nothing to offer. Also as seeing how this is Halo 4 we could see huge upgrades to the S3 program and their armor, so they would have regeneration as well, seeing as how the only reason Noble team had a health bar was because it was how Mk.V armor works, Mk.VI armor allowed for regenerative health.