Spartan 1s vs ODSTs

Anyone else wonder how a ODST can melee a brute but in Halo 3 Johnson (supposedly a Spartan one) couldn’t when he was captured in the beginning of the game?

2 Likes

What ODST are you referring to about melee-ing a Brute? If it’s from gameplay that shouldn’t be taken as canon.

But here is something from cutscenes, which usually are considered canon. In Halo 3 (in the cutscene you referenced), Johnson tried punching a Chieftain, with only his fist mind you, but it didn’t work. Well that is because Chieftains have strong armour. Now in comparison, in ODST (on NMPD HQ), Buck tries to take down a Chieftain by stabbing it with his Combat Knife, several times, while the Chieftain was distracted. It didn’t go down however without the help of 2 more ODSTs (those being Mickey and Dutch).

I hope that helps shed some light on your queries.

2 Likes

Yes that’s best explanation because of the chieftain armor, even Spartans have a hard time lol

1 Like

Exactly! Spoiler ahead if you haven’t read Halo: First Strike!

When Master Chief and the other Spartans enter the Unyielding Hyrophant (correct me if that wasn’t the name of the Covenant mega station), I’m fairly certain Chief was nearly killed after being picked up and nearly strangled by a regular brute. The point being, no human has an easy time getting up close and personal with a brute!

1 Like

It was his first time lol :wink:

1 Like

Yep, Cortana didn’t prepare him for that

1 Like

I dunno if your being sarcastic :sweat:

I am totally being sarcastic!

1 Like

See now I definitely don’t know lol :joy:

How do I know you’re not being sarcastic right now? Hmmm?

Cuz I’m not I swear :pensive:

1 Like

Well, if you say so…

1 Like

Ughhhhhhhhh my head :exploding_head:

1 Like

Well they say if you play halo 3 odst heroic mode it’s supposed to represent the closest cannon difficulty for them.

1 Like

Perhaps, but the golden rule in Halo from a lore perspective is gameplay =/ canon

1 Like

Thank you now I feel like this is accurate

Hah, I got you good!

1 Like

Most times, it’s put in the perspective of gameplay<cutscenes<canon.

1 Like