Spamming and Shooting..

In any zero bloom gametype, shooting as fast as the weapons RoF lets you, is not called “spamming”, it is called aiming, and how many shots it takes you to kill an opponent while maintaining the weapons RoF is called skill. “Spamming” is when there is bloom.

In any zero bloom gametype, any fast kill is not spamming, it is aiming, and most of the people who are complaining is because they need the cruthes that Reach gave them, and when they play any skill involved gametype they get their butts handed to them, they get very frustrated, they ragequit and they come here and complain on the forums and ruin the positive changes this game can get.

TL;DR:

Spamming is when your weapons have bloom and you do not pace your shots.
Shooting is when you get a minimun shot kill, example 5sk from DMR, at the weapons maximum rate of fire.

PLEASE realize this.

I posted a very related topic earlier, but it got locked because I was very offensive, I hope no offense is taken this time.

This one is just glad that there are alternatives to default bloom. Can’t wait to see the finalized TU settings, new maps and playlists. Still to say ZB with uncapped Magnum is balanced needs look up the definition of the word. Otherwise, you really do have to aim on ZB. 85 percent bloom feels just right IMO, DMR spam is actually punished.

Don’t get this one started on how AR starts bring variety to the weapon sandbox. >.>

Of course people will be offended, you’re hitting the nail on the head about why they hate zero bloom. Its not that the gametype is favoring spamming, it is that the gametype is favoring good aim, which they lack, which is why they don’t like being called out about it.

If you disagree with the OP, try focusing more on aiming and less on your rate of fire. Get good aim first, then learn to use it effectively. Its called adapting, like you had to adapt to bloom. Play any of the other 4 Halos and you should get the idea…

> Of course people will be offended, you’re hitting the nail on the head about why they hate zero bloom. Its not that the gametype is favoring spamming, it is that the gametype is favoring good aim, which they lack, which is why they don’t like being called out about it.
>
> If you disagree with the OP, try focusing more on aiming and less on your rate of fire. Get good aim first, then learn to use it effectively. Its called adapting, like you had to adapt to bloom. Play any of the other 4 Halos and you should get the idea…

I have pretty good aim. I’ve NEVER found it hard to keep my reticle on ANYONE, even in Halo 3. Also spamming with the DMR usually only works at CLOSE RANGE. I’ve tested this on Boneyard. If I spam the trigger at someone 10 FEET AWAY, of course I’m going to kill them. If your shooting at someone 100 feet away, your most likely not going to kill them. So to the people that say pacing DOESN’T work, pace at long range, spam close range.

> Of course people will be offended, you’re hitting the nail on the head about why they hate zero bloom. Its not that the gametype is favoring spamming, it is that the gametype is favoring good aim, which they lack, which is why they don’t like being called out about it.
>
> If you disagree with the OP, try focusing more on aiming and less on your rate of fire. Get good aim first, then learn to use it effectively. Its called adapting, like you had to adapt to bloom. Play any of the other 4 Halos and you should get the idea…

I have pretty good aim. I’ve NEVER found it hard to keep my reticle on ANYONE, even with Halo 3’s fast(ish) movement. Go on Boneyard, and spam the trigger on someone 10 feet away. If you do this, they die, but only because they’re 10 FEET AWAY. Now send someone a far distance, and try to spam. There’s a difference. It’s harder to hit them. My point is: SPAMMING USUALLY ONLY WORKS AT CLOSE RANGE. At long range it’s harder. I learned it the hard way.

> > Of course people will be offended, you’re hitting the nail on the head about why they hate zero bloom. Its not that the gametype is favoring spamming, it is that the gametype is favoring good aim, which they lack, which is why they don’t like being called out about it.
> >
> > If you disagree with the OP, try focusing more on aiming and less on your rate of fire. Get good aim first, then learn to use it effectively. Its called adapting, like you had to adapt to bloom. Play any of the other 4 Halos and you should get the idea…
>
> I have pretty good aim. I’ve NEVER found it hard to keep my reticle on ANYONE, even in Halo 3. Also spamming with the DMR usually only works at CLOSE RANGE. I’ve tested this on Boneyard. If I spam the trigger at someone 10 FEET AWAY, of course I’m going to kill them. If your shooting at someone 100 feet away, your most likely not going to kill them. So to the people that say pacing DOESN’T work, pace at long range, spam close range.

The effects of pacing are only shown at mid to long range, as in BTB. However, the majority of Slayer maps do not support this form of combat, most of it being mid to close range, giving spamming a clear edge in most situations. Without the broken sightlines and gratuitous amount of cover, bloom might have worked, but maps like those are not Halo. Bloom was a good idea but implemented in a way that doing the logical thing was not rewarded.

My idea is to update Reach, and make it 85% bloom for all of lolreah’s playlists, and add bleedthrough across the board, and the update AL and AC and make a new section of playlists called HALO and make the gametypes all have zero bloom,most of the TU changes, and the edited movement, damage shield recharge rates that have been tested to bring the best halo experience and make it to not have loadouts, everybody starts the same, no AA’s, no crutches, just like halo is supposed to be.

> My idea is to update Reach, and make it 85% bloom for all of lolreah’s playlists, and add bleedthrough across the board, and the update AL and AC and make a new section of playlists called HALO and make the gametypes all have zero bloom,most of the TU changes, and the edited movement, damage shield recharge rates that have been tested to bring the best halo experience and make it to not have loadouts, everybody starts the same, no AA’s, no crutches, just like halo is supposed to be.

Would agree with you if that had been more than one sentence. And I think zero bloom so be more prevalent than 85% bloom. I’d like to see at least a few playlists where you are guaranteed to have no bloom, arena being one of them.

> > My idea is to update Reach, and make it 85% bloom for all of lolreah’s playlists, and add bleedthrough across the board, and the update AL and AC and make a new section of playlists called HALO and make the gametypes all have zero bloom,most of the TU changes, and the edited movement, damage shield recharge rates that have been tested to bring the best halo experience and make it to not have loadouts, everybody starts the same, no AA’s, no crutches, just like halo is supposed to be.
>
> Would agree with you if that had been more than one sentence. And I think zero bloom so be more prevalent than 85% bloom. I’d like to see at least a few playlists where you are guaranteed to have no bloom, arena being one of them.

My bad, I wrote that on a single thought. I completely agree with you and by the way, I would love to have The Arena and MLG to have NB on them.

And a ranking system would not be that bad either… rolls eyes

> > > My idea is to update Reach, and make it 85% bloom for all of lolreah’s playlists, and add bleedthrough across the board, and the update AL and AC and make a new section of playlists called HALO and make the gametypes all have zero bloom,most of the TU changes, and the edited movement, damage shield recharge rates that have been tested to bring the best halo experience and make it to not have loadouts, everybody starts the same, no AA’s, no crutches, just like halo is supposed to be.
> >
> > Would agree with you if that had been more than one sentence. And I think zero bloom so be more prevalent than 85% bloom. I’d like to see at least a few playlists where you are guaranteed to have no bloom, arena being one of them.
>
> My bad, I wrote that on a single thought. By the way, I would love to have The Arena and MLG to have NB on them.
>
> And a ranking system would not be that bad either… rolls eyes

I know, the ranking system is inconsistent in Reach to say the least.

>30% gold last season.
>Play onyxs and golds in the early part of this season.
>Get rated 90% silver with decent W/L.
>Win 3 out of 4 games the next day, move down to 5% Bronze with the same W/L as 30% gold.

wut.

> I have pretty good aim. I’ve NEVER found it hard to keep my reticle on ANYONE, even with Halo 3’s fast(ish) movement.

go 1v1 someone who can actually strafe on 110/120 speed, 110 jump and 150/200 gravity, and I can almost guarantee you won’t get one 5 shot the entire game.

> I know, the ranking system is inconsistent in Reach to say the least.
>
> >30% gold last season.
> >Play onyxs and golds in the early part of this season.
> >Get rated 90% silver with decent W/L.
> >Win 3 out of 4 games the next day, move down to 5% Bronze with the same W/L as 30% gold.
>
> wut.

It is based on who you beat, and the formula is actually very consistent. What isn’t consistent is the trueskill of the opponents you beat or lose to, and how many people that season are placed in a division. If you are 50/75 against irons, you will obv be iron/bronze. If you are 50/75 against single digit onyx kids you will be top onyx.

Also if you go in by yourself and win all 20 games to get rated, you have a very slim chance of even being onyx because your trueskill compared to the people your facing’s true skill are always similar. you’re a 10 and they’re a 10, you win you might be an 11. But when you play in a team of 4 who are all 50’s (x% onyx), you will be a 10 and be facing 50s, so when you win you will became a 15 after that game. Bill Cosby voice Yuh seee?

Now you are informed <3

> > I know, the ranking system is inconsistent in Reach to say the least.
> >
> > >30% gold last season.
> > >Play onyxs and golds in the early part of this season.
> > >Get rated 90% silver with decent W/L.
> > >Win 3 out of 4 games the next day, move down to 5% Bronze with the same W/L as 30% gold.
> >
> > wut.
>
> It is based on who you beat, and the formula is actually very consistent. What isn’t consistent is the trueskill of the opponents you beat or lose to, and how many people that season are placed in a division. If you are 50/75 against irons, you will obv be iron/bronze. If you are 50/75 against single digit onyx kids you will be top onyx.
>
> Also if you go in by yourself and win all 20 games to get rated, you have a very slim chance of even being onyx because your trueskill compared to the people your facing’s true skill are always similar. you’re a 10 and they’re a 10, you win you might be an 11. But when you play in a team of 4 who are all 50’s (x% onyx), you will be a 10 and be facing 50s, so when you win you will became a 15 after that game. Bill Cosby voice Yuh seee?
>
> Now you are informed <3

I’ve played 3 seasons of arena now, so I understand that a W/L at my level is pointless to compare to the W/L of someone who is onyx. However, by the end of season 8, I was playing mid level onyxs, so my true skill clearly had risen. I checked the stats of those I matched before I got ranked this season, and they had been onyx/gold too, showing that true skill carries between seasons. I had a decent W/L against Gold/Onyx people (above 50%), but got slapped with an initial rating of 90% silver.

Even though I’ve won more games than I’ve lost since then, I can’t place out of it, and have just dropped further, which is frustrating, because I know I am good enough to be at least gold, if not low level onyx. I guess this is what searching solo gets you…

I do understand where the OP is coming from, but all of these complaints about, “People only don’t like ZB because they are bad!” are completely incorrect.

ZB has potential for the ultra competitive to have some great fun. I have no problem with that, everyone deserves their own options.

But, ZB as it’s currently implemented is horribly broken and imbalanced. The entire game’s balance is based on bloom, starting with the weapons and trickling all the way down to movement speed/acceleration and map design.

What 343i’s did was alter the bloom, which is the foundation of the game’s balance, and change NOTHING ELSE. The movement speeds are too slow to account for the massive increase of kill times. The majority of TU Beta maps are small and cramped so the Pistol becomes the God-tier weapon, only beaten by Rockets. Sword, Shotgun and Sniper users are at a serious disadvantage, even in close range. Not to mention a big chunk of useful weapons goes down the drain in support of precision ones. The TU Beta isn’t even testing how ZB will effect BTB/Invasion players like myself… ZB DMR on Hemorrhage? I don’t even want to know how bad the camping/sniping from your own base will be. It’s already pretty bad right now.

The complaints about the TU Beta are completely justified. With some massive alterations to the entire gameplay (Movement speed, Forged maps, weapon strength, etc., the list goes on and on) it could be a very fun and competitive mode. But as it stands now, it’s really not that great.

Spamming is the act of doing something as soon as it becomes available over and over…for example when talking about shooting, spamming refers to how fast you can actually pull the trigger in real life…rate of fire is a filter for spam that is put in the game to make spamming impossible…see, i can pull the trigger faster than the gun will shoot…none of this has anything to do with bloom…because bloom is only related to how ACCURATE your shots, not how fast you shoot but where those shots go compared to shooting slower.

I PERSONALLY DON’T CARE EITHER WAY, ill still play the game whether bloom is in it or not because Halo is not defined by whether there is bloom or not or whether their are armor abilities or not.