Space

All maps that feature low-grav areas should have alternate versions that cleanly block off space access. ‘Cleanly’ means that you shouldn’t just pile a bunch of crates/sandbags infront of the doorways, because that looks like -Yoink- and can obstruct strafing/other blind movement during a firefight. That’s something Bungie would do. Approach it like you did Uplink, by using custom walls to cut off paths in a way that seamlessly fits with the architecture. Give interior Zealot a roof, and block the big lifts with the purple material. Use the yellow and blue walls in Anchor 9 to block the space doorways on both teams’ sides. Use teleporters on each side to send people from the observation deck to the DMR near the each team’s small space door.

My honest opinion is that Condemned should be restructured to have a different, grav-free middle area. But I know that will never happen, so I guess I have to settle for walls blocking off space and teleporters to give us more movement options.

Use these space-free versions in any and all playlists geared toward more intense, competitive gameplay.

Yeah, because they are pretty crap and rely on a gimmick to actually be unique.

> In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something “stand out” from its contemporaries.

So maybe the problem isn’t with Halo adding gimmicks…

I actually quite like that aspect of it. It combines different elements into one’s play style. However, I do agree that having an ability to play with or without it would be somewhat cool. This idea being based off the hope that Boarding Action will be remade for CEA. I don’t want to be able to jump from side to side but at the same time that would be friggin rad!

I concur and I did forget to say that I do support the option to turn “pads” on and off. Though man-cannon and jetpack support… Almost as good.

BTW, nice upgradd.

> BTW, nice upgrade.

Thank ya kindly!

> > In marketing language, a gimmick is a unique or quirky special feature that makes something “stand out” from its contemporaries.
>
> So maybe the problem isn’t with Halo adding gimmicks…

AAs and space and all the other garbage in this game fit that description perfectly. That doesn’t mean they’re good things. They’re awful ideas and are counterproductive to good gameplay.