"Space Anomalies" Theories

I know we already have a thread for #HuntTheTruth, but it’s overly cluttered. Everyone is so obsessed with who FERO is, but I’m actually more interested in what these “space anomalies” are. Anyone have any theories?

What we know:

1)Probably not the covenant because the Jul M’dama’s activities are pretty well documented at this point, as are existing Brute colonies (from Escalation).

2)Possibly the flood. We know the Flood is still alive, as seen from the living spore on the missing UNSC ship The Spirit of Fire. The Flood could be communicating or attacking outlying alien colonies in deep space.

  1. Possibly Precursors returning. I could be completely wrong here, but I thought somewhere in the Forerunner trilogy that is said that the precursors left the galaxy or something. I also know it said the “primodrial” was the last one, so I could be way off base.

  2. Could be Didact using the composers from escalation to compose outlying worlds in deep space to build an army. This is the least likely scenario, but possible.

  3. Could be the much alluded to “guardians”, which we currently know nothing about. Obviously they play a huge role in Halo 5. This might be the missing link to at least have some kind of sense as to what direction the story is going to go.

What do you guys think?

Forerunner device most likely as I just replied to you on the HuntTheTruth thread, Jul or someone probably activated something they should not have touched, which created a chain reaction of other Forerunner artifacts. Based on the giant owl… machine on the Halo 5 box-art.

It’s hard to say, but it’s fun to speculate. I say the “Guardian” from the trailer.

> 2533274882913802;2:
> Forerunner device most likely as I just replied to you on the HuntTheTruth thread, Jul or someone probably activated something they should not have touched, which created a chain reaction of other Forerunner artifacts. Based on the giant owl… machine on the Halo 5 box-art.

Interesting theory. I think a forerunner artifact would be likely, and it kind of ties in with the Halsey-is-FERO theory. If is was Halsey,it would be making sense that she would have a sense of urgency about it all if it had something to do with forerunner artifcats, as she is currently hunting them down with Jul M’dama.

> 2533274892061674;4:
> > 2533274882913802;2:
> > Forerunner device most likely as I just replied to you on the HuntTheTruth thread, Jul or someone probably activated something they should not have touched, which created a chain reaction of other Forerunner artifacts. Based on the giant owl… machine on the Halo 5 box-art.
>
>
> Interesting theory. I think a forerunner artifact would be likely, and it kind of ties in with the Halsey-is-FERO theory. If is was Halsey,it would be making sense that she would have a sense of urgency about it all if it had something to do with forerunner artifcats, as she is currently hunting them down with Jul M’dama.

Why would Jul help her though? He is part of a rouge covenant section that still believes in the Great Journey isn’t he?

> 2533274882913802;5:
> > 2533274892061674;4:
> > > 2533274882913802;2:
> > > Forerunner device most likely as I just replied to you on the HuntTheTruth thread, Jul or someone probably activated something they should not have touched, which created a chain reaction of other Forerunner artifacts. Based on the giant owl… machine on the Halo 5 box-art.
> >
> >
> > Interesting theory. I think a forerunner artifact would be likely, and it kind of ties in with the Halsey-is-FERO theory. If is was Halsey,it would be making sense that she would have a sense of urgency about it all if it had something to do with forerunner artifcats, as she is currently hunting them down with Jul M’dama.
>
>
> Why would Jul help her though? He is part of a rouge covenant section that still believes in the Great Journey isn’t he?

I don’t necessarily think Jul is helping Halsey in the role of FERO (if she actually is FERO), but as far as the overall story goes, Jul needs Halsey to help him track down the forerunner artifacts. They are using each other until the point at which the one no longer needs the other.

Pharaoh has no idea what it is, so it’s not Covenant, and I daresay it’s more likely Forerunner than Precursor, but gut says Precursor.

I don’t know about the whole Forerunner Seeker thing, as we only know of one existing…the one in the original trailer. …

Whatever it is…it isn’t good. Only reason I swing more towards Precursor, is these readings sound more like interference in natural background readings…which to me, says “star roads”.

~ Duck.

> 2533274799621457;7:
> Pharaoh has no idea what it is, so it’s not Covenant, and I daresay it’s more likely Forerunner than Precursor, but gut says Precursor.
>
> I don’t know about the whole Forerunner Seeker thing, as we only know of one existing…the one in the original trailer. …
>
> Whatever it is…it isn’t good. Only reason I swing more towards Precursor, is these readings sound more like interference in natural background readings…which to me, says “star roads”.
>
> ~ Duck.

It’s Fero. lol

> 2533274799621457;7:
> Pharaoh has no idea what it is, so it’s not Covenant, and I daresay it’s more likely Forerunner than Precursor, but gut says Precursor.
>
> I don’t know about the whole Forerunner Seeker thing, as we only know of one existing…the one in the original trailer. …
>
> Whatever it is…it isn’t good. Only reason I swing more towards Precursor, is these readings sound more like interference in natural background readings…which to me, says “star roads”.
>
> ~ Duck.

Thank you for the contribution to the discussion. I actually agree with you now that I think more about it. FERO is likely Halsey, or at least someone with a very high intelligence and awareness of the universe, so for it to be something like covenant or flood doesn’t really make sense. There is a sense of urgency and fear when FERO discussed the “anomalies”, leading us to believe that it is likely a threat. “Something is coming, and we don’t know what it is.”

My guess is they are the Guardians, with their potential reveal coming at E3, and Halo 5 leads right in to them being free and unleashing havoc on humanity.

The -blam- are anomalies?

Id like it to be living, breathing forerunners making their way back from beyond the galaxy

If by “deep space” they mean intergalactic than I would lean precursor/flood if its inside the milky way than forerunner.

or something out of left field that we are not aware of.

> 2533274851684756;13:
> If by “deep space” they mean intergalactic than I would lean precursor/flood if its inside the milky way than forerunner.
>
> or something out of left field that we are not aware of.

I completely agree, the precursors retreated into deep space to get away from the forerunners who were trying to exterminate them to obtain the mantle off them, some precursors made it out, others turning themselves into mist that became corrupt which also became the flood, after all the librarian wanted Halsey to go to the absolute record to propel humanity to uphold the mantle, considering the reason the forerunners attacked the precursors cause the precursors deemed the forerunners unworthy of the mantle and had their sights set on humanity as their true predecessors,

I believe the test is coming for humanity to obtain the mantle, it’s been teased throughout the halo canon and I can’t wait to see it come into action, either the test will be the return of the flood or the return of the true holders of the mantle, the Precursors

> 2533274851684756;13:
> If by “deep space” they mean intergalactic than I would lean precursor/flood if its inside the milky way than forerunner.
>
> or something out of left field that we are not aware of.

This for sure, before we can make any conclusive theories on what the anomalies are we must first know what “deep space” is.

I hope it’s precursors. It may be them. It may also be living forerunners that made it out.

But what if the forerunners that made it out before the halos fired formed a new faction of themselves along with some other alien races with a new arsenal of weapons.

> 2533274799621457;7:
> Pharaoh has no idea what it is, so it’s not Covenant, and I daresay it’s more likely Forerunner than Precursor, but gut says Precursor.
>
> I don’t know about the whole Forerunner Seeker thing, as we only know of one existing…the one in the original trailer. …
>
> Whatever it is…it isn’t good. Only reason I swing more towards Precursor, is these readings sound more like interference in natural background readings…which to me, says “star roads”.
>
> ~ Duck.

That is an interesting theory. However when the Halo Rings fired, didn’t it take destroy the Star Roads and other flood-controlled persocuer artifacts?
Considering the pulses were a nullifier to the Nero-physics the Star Roads operated on.

Just like to say that anyone that says “Precursors could return” sounds like a child. It’s way more complicated than that. The Precursors aren’t hiding. They were exterminated by Forerunners millions of years ago. Some turned to dust to return later, but that turned into the Flood. Precursors can’t just “return” from being dead. While it could be Precursor technology (granted it wasn’t all destroyed in the Halo firings) it wouldn’t be hundreds of Precursors traveling through slipspace.

> 2533274877056440;18:
> Just like to say that anyone that says “Precursors could return” sounds like a child. It’s way more complicated than that. The Precursors aren’t hiding. They were exterminated by Forerunners millions of years ago. Some turned to dust to return later, but that turned into the Flood. Precursors can’t just “return” from being dead. While it could be Precursor technology (granted it wasn’t all destroyed in the Halo firings) it wouldn’t be hundreds of Precursors traveling through slipspace.

Some Precursors died, some went into a powder form that became corrupted and later became the Flood, and some escaped out of the galaxy before the Forerunners could kill them all off. It’s possible that the ones who escaped are returning.

> 2533274882913802;5:
> > 2533274892061674;4:
> > > 2533274882913802;2:
> > > Forerunner device most likely as I just replied to you on the HuntTheTruth thread, Jul or someone probably activated something they should not have touched, which created a chain reaction of other Forerunner artifacts. Based on the giant owl… machine on the Halo 5 box-art.
> >
> >
> > Interesting theory. I think a forerunner artifact would be likely, and it kind of ties in with the Halsey-is-FERO theory. If is was Halsey,it would be making sense that she would have a sense of urgency about it all if it had something to do with forerunner artifcats, as she is currently hunting them down with Jul M’dama.
>
>
> Why would Jul help her though? He is part of a rouge covenant section that still believes in the Great Journey isn’t he?

He doesn’t actually believe in the great journey that much, he just uses it to gain followers to fight against humanity.