Soundtrack

Fantastic to hear Halo Wars is getting a sequel!

So who do you guys think and/or hope will compose the soundtrack? Would you like to see Stephen Rippy return or someone else? Personally I’m rooting for Steve! Loved the first Halo Wars OST. -
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/halo-wars-original-soundtrack/id303159741

Definitely want Rippy back. It should be noted that, in the trailer, you could hear a more sad / desperate version of the Halo Wars theme in the background…

> 2533274819586146;2:
> Definitely want Rippy back. It should be noted that, in the trailer, you could hear a more sad / desperate version of the Halo Wars theme in the background…

Just noticed that now, thanks for pointing it out! Hopefully this means Stephen’s the composer, or if not least HW2’s OST takes inspiration from the first.

Well HW2 has been given to the devs who made Alien:Isolation so im hoping they keep Joe Henson and Alexis Smith to do the ST.

Stephen Rippy

I have hopes for Rippy or the guy who did the Spartan Assault Mobile games.

I think it should be Tom Salta. Halo Wars had soundtracks had some of that traditional feel and sound that the main titles had but also being different in it’s own way. After listening to some of Spartan Assault’s soundtracks I think Tom Salta did just that.

Here’s a track called Legacy from Spartan Assault. It really resembles some of Halo Wars music, especially from 0:35 on wards

Had the “Insignificantia” track stuck in my head a few weeks back so I was ultimately pressured to buy the whole soundtrack on iTunes. I LOVE IT! Another great track is “Action Figure Hands.” I really hope this music makes a return in HW2.