Sounds remastered?

Now I know that the game is getting a whole retexture, but are the sounds getting revamped as well?

I know it seems like it has an obvious answer but I’m quite worried with the effect it might have in the classic/remastered button switch.

The old graphics will use the remastered engine.
They couldn’t run 4 engines at the same time.

Like I do to everyone who asks a question about Halo: Anniversary, I’ll direct you here. It should answer this and any other questions you may have about Halo: Anniversary.

Basically, the decision was made to not include the older recordings in Halo: Anniversary. The gameplay obviously remains identical, and the graphics will remain identical if you switch back to the old version, but sound was too technical an issue. Even with the game as-is (one set of audio), there is a slight lag when switching between Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. This lag vastly diminishes as the game caches the textures and models, and this allows the switch between versions to become almost seamless (but still not quite). If the game also switched audio files when you push the button to switch, the very first revert would likely take literally minutes,* interrupting the flow of gameplay and making you wait. Then, even after the audio tracks cache and become more temporarily accessible, the switches would still take upwards of ten seconds.* In other words, switching between older and newer audio tracks would be quite jarring and annoying.

Instead, because of 343 Industries’ philosophy with this game, they decided not to include the older audio tracks. The new ones are identical music; they are simply played by a bigger orchestra (the Skywalker Orchestra), using much more expensive equipment, and feature vastly superior mixing and mastering. In other words, you won’t miss the old soundtrack. It’s still there. It’s just been enhanced, made bolder, and improved. Trust me, when seamlessly switching between old and new, you’ll thank 343 Industries for making this decision.

*I was estimating based on what I’ve heard from 343 employees. Fact is, I don’t have any idea just how long the switches would take if they were to include audio. I just know they would take much longer and be much more jarring.

> The old graphics will use the remastered engine.
> They couldn’t run 4 engines at the same time.

It wouldnt be 4 engines, it would just lag horribly when switching between the two due to audio size.

> Now I know that the game is getting a whole retexture, but are the sounds getting revamped as well?
>
> I know it seems like it has an obvious answer but I’m quite worried with the effect it might have in the classic/remastered button switch.

One of the Halo Bulletins focused on the music in Halo: Anniversary. Sounds like something you’d be interested in reading.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-62211/80914