Sound in space on Adrift

So parts of the Halo 4 map Adrift are set in what looks like open space. So why is there still perfect sound? Shouldn’t it be like in Halo: Reach where the sound is muffled?

Gameplay of Team Slayer on Adrift.
(Yes all the MLG Halo 4 videos have the map names of Haven and Adrift switched)

I couldn’t decide if this should go in the Halo 4 section or Halo Universe so if this is wrong I apologize.

Well, it depends on how populated molecules are in the system (Lets say the area just outside Adrift), maybe their just staying in range of Adrift because of the artificial gravity. Maybe the GEN2 Armor is boosting the sound the user hears

There really wouldn’t even be muffled sound. I think that is more for gameplay sake, but there would be no sounds made in space. In order for sound to exist, you have to be in a vibrating medium. We are always submerged in a thick mixture of oxygen and nitrogen and when it vibrates we perceive it as sound, when the vibration energy is transferred to small hairs in our ears. Same for fish in the water and any other medium. So without a medium in space, no sound is made. Now impacts to the armor and suit may produce a sound, since that would cause vibration of the entire body.

I do think you should consider another thing as well, the game is not completed yet, so small details like that may not be active yet.

@Elitevaz,

Its for Gameplay’s sake like you said or the UNSC found away to hold molecules in a short range of the station unless they do fix it like Zealot, Condemned and Anchor 9. Hopeful it will be like a Hill that you can place in forge it it doesn’t change

Also… That gameplay takes place aboard the infinity.

Perhaps the UNSC has found a way to trap air inside a bubble?

It shouldn’t be like Reach however, you can’t hear in Space.

> Perhaps the UNSC has found a way to trap air inside a bubble?
>
> It shouldn’t be like Reach however, you can’t hear in Space.

Actually in a way you could hear some muffled sound in space. Your gun firing, bullets hitting you, the shock wave of a nearby explosion all would vibrate your armor allowing you to hear some sound.

You aren’t actually in space. You’re on board a ship. With air. So sound can be heard.