Sound glitches

First off, I have to say that I’m absolutely loving Halo 4. I’m not gonna delve into all of the details but I can say I’m happy with the direction 343i has taken with the new trilogy.

Pre-launch, I was skeptical of the new sound effects but have to admit the game sounds fantastic when played through decent speakers. That being said, the sounds can be…inconsistent at the best of times. Here are some examples;

• For some reason the Energy Sword rarely makes a noise when being drawn.
  • Some shots will occasionally not make a sound (more common in SitRec playbacks).
  • SitRec playbacks often give guns a completely different sound e.g. the Storm Rifle sounds almost like a Plasma Repeater.
  • Some sound effects will drop their noise level randomly and stay that way e.g. driving an eerily silent warthog.

Has anyone else noticed anything like this?

Yes. The energy sword is so unsatisfying because you don’t get that sound when it’s drawn

Also I’ve found sometimes when you shoot BR/DMR (could be others) you get the sound you would if you heard your teammates firing it. Then it goes back to original…

Patch patch patch

In a few games I’ve come out of a regen field only for the sound to stay the same, all distorted/flangey, and stayed like it for the whole game

I’ve noticed numerous times that vehicles sometimes don’t make sound when they drive past you. You don’t hear them coming and you don’t hear them going. It’s not too big of a deal until you get splattered by that silent Warthog.

> In a few games I’ve come out of a regen field only for the sound to stay the same, all distorted/flangey, and stayed like it for the whole game

Oh lord, that would give me a headache.

Aged off/post removed.

Yes. This happened to me. More than half the sound effects of the entire game went completely dead. No footsteps, no gunshots, very few vehicle sounds.

Im playing on a white (old) console and if I install the game, the above happens. I think the console doesnt have enough memory to process the game, or something like that.

They should try to patch this, if possible. And make lighter games.

And sometimes passing through a regen shield will have that echo noise stuck until you die and re-spawn.