Sorry Reach lovers but I know what Halo was and needs to be.

BR, AR, Pistol (H2 style), SMG, Rockets,needler, Sniper, Beam rifle, carbine, frag, and stickies, camo on some maps, overshield on some maps, and dual wielding.

That is all Halo 4 needs to have in it.

I’m just going to say it because nobody else is. I don’t care about being creative, or innovative. I want my Halo to be Halo. There is no reason for bungie to try to fix what was not broken, and no reason for 343 to think they need to do it as well. The core Gameplay in Halo’s 1,2, and MLG’s variants of 3, needed no change. You want to complane about the core fans not wanting change. Fine. Go for it. But if you think Halo is getting dull then get off. Go play something else. Reach is the one that is dull. Reach is not an arena shooter. Might as well take off the Halo part and put MASS EFFECT or any other science-fiction shooter’s title on the damn cover. I will take pride in saying, yes! I do not want change. Halo 2 and three were very much alike. Just updated graphics and maps. Yet the replay value is great. I don’t get bored, I still play Halo 2 locally and sword canceling up on towers with people when they come over. Halo 2 and CE are still played on vista and even so far people have gone to Xbox connect to play them! We have been playing the same game with the addition of the BR and a few other things for 10 years. Why change when everything plays like gold and is fun without all of the childish gimmicks? Innovation means nothing at all. Innovation dose not always mean good will come out of it. They broke Reach and I will not buy Halo 4 if I see it fall into the pit Reach fell into. I just hope the TU will help me play Halo again. I sold my xbox cuz of Reach BTW. That is how bad this game got to me.

I want Halo 4 to be more like Halo 2 and 3 also but I don’t think Reach is so bad that you sell your xbox.

I feel with Halo simplicity is best guns, grenades, and melee that is what makes Halo great.

I dislike Reach with a passion, but I don’t think it’s fair for you to claim you know what halo needs to be like for everyone.

And I know what Halo should not be: a rehashed version of another game (Yes, and that includes Reach, even though I enjoy playing it).
I want the game to be unique on it’s own way. After all, it is the 10th Anniversary of Halo. It’s a new trilogy. Why would I wanted to be the same if I can just pop the disc tray and put Halo 2 or Halo 3?

Remember back in the good ol 16 bit days of NES and SEGA. Remember when street fighter 2 have a god load of updates? That’s all the needs to happen to Halo. Yes being different can be good. But completely smacking Halo player in the face with Reach was really just too much. Change can be good yes. But there was no reason for it. Leave it alone and just make it an updated version on the last. Just new maps, make it look nice and thats about it. I’m not trying to say I know what everybody wants. But I do know everybody wants Halo to be Halo. Am I wrong to think that?

Sigh, you talk about childish gimmicks after making a post like that and claim you have sold your xbox when anyone can see when you’ve last played by simply going on xbox.com

> Innovation means nothing at all

This just shows that you really don’t understand the games industry. To compete will other developers you NEED to have innovation, you need innovation to get good reviews and media hype and to get people to buy the game.

If like you said this was the case we would all still be playing halo 3 but we’re not as the majority of the players wanted something new and began moving to different titles. Creating new innovative games brings new people to the game and keeps people playing it.

You didn’t sell your xbox… why lie?

Halo will be whatever 343i wants it to be - not what one person who lies about selling their xbox wants it to be.

I’m sure that 343i has heard the complaints - I’m sure that they will try their best to find ways to make the majority happy.

I’m also sure that they can’t make 100% of the fans happy, so we get redundant threads like this. “Halo needs to be like this” “Halo would be better if…”

Annoying to say the least. Just play the damn game - if you don’t like it, go buy another game or go back to the game that “is perfect” (the servers are still up ya know…)

> Remember back in the good ol 16 bit days of NES and SEGA. Remember when street fighter 2 have a god load of updates? That’s all the needs to happen to Halo. Yes being different can be good. But completely smacking Halo player in the face with Reach was really just too much. Change can be good yes. But there was no reason for it. Leave it alone and just make it an updated version on the last. Just new maps, make it look nice and thats about it. I’m not trying to say I know what everybody wants. But I do know everybody wants Halo to be Halo. Am I wrong to think that?

No sir, you are correct and I stand behind you, I miss the simple gameplay of CE and 2 that made it so Yoink!-ing fun. My friends and I can get on, play 8 games of Reach for about an hour, then just get horrendously bored. That never happened with any other Halo and we have all been playing since Nov 01’ on LAN and Nov 04’ on XBL.

> Sigh, you talk about childish gimmicks after making a post like that and claim you have sold your xbox when anyone can see when you’ve last played by simply going on xbox.com
>
>
>
> > Innovation means nothing at all
>
> This just shows that you really don’t understand the games industry. To compete will other developers you NEED to have innovation, you need innovation to get good reviews and media hype and to get people to buy the game.
>
> If like you said this was the case we would all still be playing halo 3 but we’re not as the majority of the players wanted something new and began moving to different titles. Creating new innovative games brings new people to the game and keeps people playing it.

I did sell my xbox. I don’t even have XBL activated on my account. Only time I play reach is with my friends 6 year old son. I got tired of Reach and being as good as I was at Halo 2 and 3 then have complete -Yoink- talking 15 year old kids beat me on Reach I was done and went to GoldenEye 007 on the Wii. Now with the TU coming I am about to buy a new xbox. Don’t make assumption about something like that.

> I feel with Halo simplicity is best guns, grenades, and melee that is what makes Halo great.

This, after equipment/AA’s and slower movement speed and a more noticable bullet spread, Halo really went downhill for me, and I know it did for a lot of other people and the slower paced gameplay is too noob friendly and not fun. I’m being very basic here but it is just really that simple.

> You didn’t sell your xbox… why lie?
>
> Halo will be whatever 343i wants it to be - not what one person who lies about selling their xbox wants it to be.
>
> I’m sure that 343i has heard the complaints - I’m sure that they will try their best to find ways to make the majority happy.
>
> I’m also sure that they can’t make 100% of the fans happy, so we get redundant threads like this. “Halo needs to be like this” “Halo would be better if…”
>
> Annoying to say the least. Just play the damn game - if you don’t like it, go buy another game or go back to the game that “is perfect” (the servers are still up ya know…)

Did sell xbox. Halo 2 servers are down and I have never tried XBC.

> > I feel with Halo simplicity is best guns, grenades, and melee that is what makes Halo great.
>
> This, after equipment/AA’s and slower movement speed and a more noticable bullet spread, Halo really went downhill for me, and I know it did for a lot of other people and the slower paced gameplay is too noob friendly and not fun. I’m being very basic here but it is just really that simple.

My buddy was a H2 MLG player. H3 came out he quit. I asked why? " Too slow and ranking system is too easy."

> > > You didn’t sell your xbox… why lie?
> > >
> > > Halo will be whatever 343i wants it to be - not what one person who lies about selling their xbox wants it to be.
> > >
> > > I’m sure that 343i has heard the complaints - I’m sure that they will try their best to find ways to make the majority happy.
> > >
> > > I’m also sure that they can’t make 100% of the fans happy, so we get redundant threads like this. “Halo needs to be like this” “Halo would be better if…”
> > >
> > > Annoying to say the least. Just play the damn game - if you don’t like it, go buy another game or go back to the game that “is perfect” (the servers are still up ya know…)
> >
> > Did sell xbox. Halo 2 servers are down and I have never tried XBC.
>
> XBC is a horrid lagfest filled with spanish people, so there’s no social aspect. Just saying. :frowning: Although Halo 2 was pretty fun to play on it, it just wasn’t worth raping my memories like that on that awful game setting.

Well then as of now. We have to wait for the TU and Halo 4. If neither are Halo enough for me. I will say my goodbyes to the franchise.

you forgot plasma pistol and plasma rifle

> you forgot plasma pistol and plasma rifle

oh yea. lol my b.

I want Halo2.00001.

I know what works and what I love.

It was all taken away.

Ugh, so you want zero change huh? That will never happen… Next question

> I feel with Halo simplicity is best guns, grenades, and melee that is what makes Halo great.

That’s the golden triangle man. Weapons, grenades, and melee all complementing each other perfect. Reach doesn’t have this…at all.

> BR, AR, Pistol (H2 style), SMG, Rockets,needler, Sniper, Beam rifle, carbine, frag, and stickies, camo on some maps, overshield on some maps, and dual wielding.
>
> That is all Halo 4 needs to have in it.
>
> I’m just going to say it because nobody else is. I don’t care about being creative, or innovative. I want my Halo to be Halo. There is no reason for bungie to try to fix what was not broken, and no reason for 343 to think they need to do it as well. The core Gameplay in Halo’s 1,2, and MLG’s variants of 3, needed no change. You want to complane about the core fans not wanting change. Fine. Go for it. But if you think Halo is getting dull then get off. Go play something else. Reach is the one that is dull. Reach is not an arena shooter. Might as well take off the Halo part and put MASS EFFECT or any other science-fiction shooter’s title on the damn cover. I will take pride in saying, yes! I do not want change. Halo 2 and three were very much alike. Just updated graphics and maps. Yet the replay value is great. I don’t get bored, I still play Halo 2 locally and sword canceling up on towers with people when they come over. Halo 2 and CE are still played on vista and even so far people have gone to Xbox connect to play them! We have been playing the same game with the addition of the BR and a few other things for 10 years. Why change when everything plays like gold and is fun without all of the childish gimmicks? Innovation means nothing at all. Innovation dose not always mean good will come out of it. They broke Reach and I will not buy Halo 4 if I see it fall into the pit Reach fell into. I just hope the TU will help me play Halo again. I sold my xbox cuz of Reach BTW. That is how bad this game got to me.

It’s too bad you sold your Xbox because you didn’t think to play Halo 3 instead of Reach.

I’ll be enjoying the best damn FPS there is for the 360 while you done durped.

But, you know…SOME things have to change. If you seriously think nothing will ever change, ever, and you’ll get something like Halo 2 and 3 over and over and over, maybe you should have sold your Xbox. Halo is headed for bigger and better things. Not just…

SHOOT UTILITY WEAPON FAST AS POSSIBLE

RUSH TO POWER WEAPON

RUSH TO POWER UP

REPEAT