Sooo, about the Covenant Infantry...

Why is it that the Covenant Infantry have different colored armor among some ranks in Halo 4 and yet they are the same rank? For example, sometimes I see a Blue Grunt Imperial and sometimes I see a Red Grunt Imperial for example.

Is there any particular reason or differences between the different colored Covenant who are the same rank as another Covie with the same armor of the same rank but with a different color?

Only time I see a Covie with their armor varied but of the same rank was in CE where the Grunts had either the Triangular Methane Tank or the Curled Methane Tank.

Also, I think the Strategy Guide said something about armor color variations of a particular rank had no effect on the Grunts unlike the Elites on the page about the Unggoy, but I’m not sure if that was rank related or color varients of different Covenant Infantry Armor colors.

How can you tell the difference? At a glance in a game to me its either Gold elite or brown enemy. The colour schemes have gotten so bad over the various iterations.
CE had it the best.

Yea I noticed that too while I was playing spartan ops today.

> How can you tell the difference? At a glance in a game to me its either Gold elite or brown enemy. The colour schemes have gotten so bad over the various iterations.
> CE had it the best.

You might be able to see the color variations if you go into Campaign or Spartan Ops (I always use Spartan Ops for expermints with the AI) and place two Grunt Imperials (They are among the most common Grunt types on Heroic) together, which is easier if they are dead, and look closely at their armor and you can see some differences in the armor color despite being the same rank.

It’s only with some Covenant enemies, Warriors and Zealots for example only have one armor variant.

I have noticed that Storm Elites can be Green-ish, cyan, and blue as well…