Soo, yeah, about that darkest Halo yet?

How can this be the darkest Halo yet? Can anyone explain to me?

It was pretty dark but then I realized my screen brightness was low.

Halo Reach still holds that title I think.

Yeah, Reach was by far the darkest, watching your teammates die one by one. Jorge sacrifices himself for you, Kat gets killed by a sniper, Carter sacrifices himself for you, Emile goes down fighting for you. Then you die alone on one of humanities last planets surrounded by implacable enemies. As soon as BC hits I am so going to replay the campaign to remind me how a real Halo story is written.

Reach and 3 story wise are the darkest

gamma/lighting wise? bruh do you even ODST?

lol i played that whole damn game in VISR mode

> 2533275019977832;3:
> Halo Reach still holds that title I think.

Absolutely. Almost no one made it out.

Don’t you remember the ending? The entire Earth loses power and all the lights shut off. Can’t get much darker than that.

I think they idea was that colonies were disappearing, Chief was hunting Cortana, Chief was being hunted… it just didn’t pan out. Hard to say a game is dark when the only significant person who dies is the Warden Eternal. Again. And Again. And Again. And one more time!

> 2533274808210415;7:
> Don’t you remember the ending? The entire Earth loses power and all the lights shut off. Can’t get much darker than that.

Gets flashlight out
“Yeah, everybody from Reach is still dead.”
Sun comes up
“Yeah, Noble Six is still dead.”

You should try to play it on brightness 1-2, that may make it darker. /s

Well, a whole bunch of AIs have turned against humans who lack the power and resources to fight such a battle. And Cortana has jumped straight for a Halo demonstrating her willingness to wipe out everything except the AIs if humans/the rest of the species I can’t be bothered to learn the spelling of don’t fall in line. Seems pretty dark to me, fam.

Halo 5 could’ve been the darkest Halo had we actually gotten to see what the Guardians were really capable of. Not once do we see them destroy anything other than the area they emerge from.

We don’t see the destruction of cities or planets. We don’t see the reprocussions of all those A.I. joining Cortana. No one dies or even comes close to it in any meaningful way.

Reach definitely still holds the title of “darkest Halo game to date”.

> 2535405486667568;6:
> > 2533275019977832;3:
> > Halo Reach still holds that title I think.
>
>
> Absolutely. Almost no one made it out.

I agree for the most part but the flood kind of takes it. I would say Halo CE.

> 2535405486667568;6:
> > 2533275019977832;3:
> > Halo Reach still holds that title I think.
>
>
> Absolutely. Almost no one made it out.

Jun and Halsey made it out alive… Jun went on making the Spartan IV program…

> 2533274891841289;13:
> > 2535405486667568;6:
> > > 2533275019977832;3:
> > > Halo Reach still holds that title I think.
> >
> >
> > Absolutely. Almost no one made it out.
>
>
> I agree for the most part but the flood kind of takes it. I would say Halo CE.

Halo: CE can definitely be up there with Reach. Especially because of the scene where everyone gets devoured by the Flood. Was a real shock back in the day.

I think they either had a different story in mind or perhaps they had to scrap a large amount of it because they didn’t have time?

The concept art that has been released looks very interesting and noticeably very dark in atmosphere too. Disappointing because the campaign, story wise, didn’t live up to any of the marketing or anything frankie said pre-release. Lets hope this “dark” part of the story is to come and it wasn’t just completely scrapped. Something tells me the game was intended to be much longer and we were meant to see the horrifying effects of

Cortanas plans unfolding

<mark>Do not purposely bypass the profanity filter.</mark>

Before halo 5, Halo 4 was the “least dark”
Halo 5 was rated pg13 for fuck’s sakes

I just stopped trusting what 343 says about their own games.

> 2533274881491558;17:
>

Except for that part where people were disintegrated alive.
Halo 3 is still the darkest for me.

they said that because you play as Locke