Soo sick of railgun and sticky detonator on

Team doubles. These 2 weapons are so over used. It is the most annoying thing ever when there are more power weapon kills than DMR, BR kills. This problem occurs mostly on haven. The weapons are way way way way way too easy to use and they have huge damage but the worst part is how often they come up and how much ammo is in them it’s like 343 has never seen team doubles from previous halos. Very annoyed!

the 2 min timer is fine for the weapons but the fact that they are both ordinance makes it annoying since it can be manipulated with “ammo” and you can have 6-8 shots for each weapon.

The sticky det blast radius is extremely op for the damage output and the rail gun is extremely op if used by people like myself who can snipe flawlessly with the damn thing.

I guess we have been playing with ordinances so long people dont understand how on the map spawning POWER WEAPONS work. Of course the weapons are going to be stronger than the DMR or BR but because of that they promote map movement and map/weapon control. If a team can time the weapons, get there first or keep the other team off of them they are given a reward through the power weapons. If you play someone whose majority of kill come from Stick det or Rail gun, you did a poor job of controlling power weapons. They are not as powerful as you make them out to seem and can still be combated. This is like complaining on the Pit that there are rockets and snipers.

> I guess we have been playing with ordinances so long people dont understand how on the map spawning power weapons work. Of course the weapons are going to be stronger than the DMR or BR but because of that they promote map movement and map/weapon control. If a team can time the weapons, get there first or keep the other team off of them they are given a reward through the power weapons. If you play someone whose majority of kill come from Stick det or Rail gun, you did a poor job of controlling power weapons. They are not as powerful as you make them out to seem and can still be combated.

Yes all that is very good, main problem left is CLIP SIZE. Traditionally fot 1v1and 2v2 all weapons on the map have reduced clip size. Like Sticky detonator, it should have only two or three shots.

One thing for sure is that they spawn too quick in my opinion… maybe 2.5mins or even 3?

> the 2 min timer is fine for the weapons but the fact that they are both ordinance makes it annoying since it can be <mark>manipulated with “ammo” and you can have 6-8 shots for each weapon.</mark>

I search alone and we mostly choose Pro. I’ve only played Infinity Doubles once. Try playing Pro; Pre-set loadouts.

> > I guess we have been playing with ordinances so long people dont understand how on the map spawning power weapons work. Of course the weapons are going to be stronger than the DMR or BR but because of that they promote map movement and map/weapon control. If a team can time the weapons, get there first or keep the other team off of them they are given a reward through the power weapons. If you play someone whose majority of kill come from Stick det or Rail gun, you did a poor job of controlling power weapons. They are not as powerful as you make them out to seem and can still be combated.
>
> Yes all that is very good, main problem left is CLIP SIZE. Traditionally fot 1v1and 2v2 all weapons on the map have reduced clip size. Like Sticky detonator, it should have only two or three shots.

I do agree with that. Doubles power weapons should have a reduced clip.

> I guess we have been playing with ordinances so long people dont understand how on the map spawning POWER WEAPONS work. Of course the weapons are going to be stronger than the DMR or BR but because of that they promote map movement and map/weapon control. If a team can time the weapons, get there first or keep the other team off of them they are given a reward through the power weapons. If you play someone whose majority of kill come from Stick det or Rail gun, you did a poor job of controlling power weapons. They are not as powerful as you make them out to seem and can still be combated. This is like complaining on the Pit that there are rockets and snipers.

Map movement is thrown out the window when you can easily just camp at the power weapon spawn and wait for a very short amount of time to just pick the weapon up again. In no other Halo game was the respawn time for power weapons this quick.

That’s kind of the point of power weapons. Although I wouldn’t mind the Railgun being replaced with a Sniper, so long as it only had 1-2 clips.

> One thing for sure is that they spawn too quick in my opinion… maybe 2.5mins or even 3?
>
>
>
> > the 2 min timer is fine for the weapons but the fact that they are both ordinance makes it annoying since it can be <mark>manipulated with “ammo” and you can have 6-8 shots for each weapon.</mark>
>
> I search alone and we mostly choose Pro. I’ve only played Infinity Doubles once. Try playing Pro; Pre-set loadouts.

It really doesn’t matter, then the rail gun would have 4 shots and a 6 shot max if all the ammo was not used during the 2 min mark. A 1sk weapon should have the same amount of ammo as number of teammates on 1 team.

I don’t mind this at all…Controlling the power weapons has been one of the core essential parts of classic halo.

Control the power weapons and win the game. H2/H3 at it finest. You need to find a good teammate and when you start controlling the power weapons, you wont complain anymore. Who wouldn’t take advantage of the ammo perk…

Personally, I always pick pro

> the 2 min timer is fine for the weapons but the fact that they are both ordinance makes it annoying since it can be manipulated with “ammo” and you can have 6-8 shots for each weapon.
>
> The sticky det blast radius is extremely op for the damage output and the rail gun is extremely op if used by people like myself who can snipe flawlessly with the damn thing.

So you’re saying its OP because you’re good with it?

that makes zero sense haha

I 100% agree. I’ve played a bunch of games, especially on Haven, that turn into rail gun and sticky detonator wars. They spawn too often, have too much ammo, and appear in personal ordinance, so they’re used way too much in the games. Might as well rename the mode “Rail Detonator Doubles”. I would have more fun if those weapons were more rare and had less ammo.

> > I guess we have been playing with ordinances so long people dont understand how on the map spawning POWER WEAPONS work. Of course the weapons are going to be stronger than the DMR or BR but because of that they promote map movement and map/weapon control. If a team can time the weapons, get there first or keep the other team off of them they are given a reward through the power weapons. If you play someone whose majority of kill come from Stick det or Rail gun, you did a poor job of controlling power weapons. They are not as powerful as you make them out to seem and can still be combated. This is like complaining on the Pit that there are rockets and snipers.
>
> Map movement is thrown out the window when you can easily just camp at the power weapon spawn and wait for a very short amount of time to just pick the weapon up again. In no other Halo game was the respawn time for power weapons this quick.

Woah wait there, you are saying that in doubles you can effectively camp two different power weapons that are cross map and continue to hold those weapons throughout the game?

You either need to rethink your strategy and flank one of them because the other teammates have to split up to acquire both weapons and get one of them OR you have some amazing opponents.

> Team doubles. These 2 weapons are so over used. It is the most annoying thing ever when there are more power weapon kills than DMR, BR kills. This problem occurs mostly on haven. The weapons are way way way way way too easy to use and they have huge damage but the worst part is how often they come up and how much ammo is in them it’s like 343 has never seen team doubles from previous halos. Very annoyed!

So you want us to take the halo out of halo because its not like Halo.

Power weapons are always a huge part of halo. Thats like asking to take the Sniper rifle spawn off of lockout or Valhalla.
There is only a handful of power weapons so of course they are going to get a little repetitive.

> > Team doubles. These 2 weapons are so over used. It is the most annoying thing ever when there are more power weapon kills than DMR, BR kills. This problem occurs mostly on haven. The weapons are way way way way way too easy to use and they have huge damage but the worst part is how often they come up and how much ammo is in them it’s like 343 has never seen team doubles from previous halos. Very annoyed!
>
> So you want us to take the halo out of halo because its not like Halo.
>
> Power weapons are always a huge part of halo. Thats like asking to take the Sniper rifle spawn off of lockout or Valhalla.
> There is only a handful of power weapons so of course they are going to get a little repetitive.

First off I didn’t say I wanted them out of the game second its how over used they are because how often everything comes up and the ammo capacity that comes with it. All power weapons and power ups should be 3 min. and the clips that come with the weapons should be accordingly
Sniper 0 clips or 4 shots.
Rail gun 3 shots
Sticky det 3 shots
also the weapons should not spawn until they have been dropped like in reach don’t like how both people can have sniper (this would be different if there was 2 snipes on map) and especially how both teammates can have rail gun. I have not seen both teammates with stick detonator so I have not experienced that hell.

Let’s be real here. The only reason you don’t like them is because you don’t have the skill required to use them.

I love both weapons with the rail gun being probably my favorite new one. I haven’t played much doubles mainly because I don’t want to go solo in a gametype that would be better played if I had a partner. But I can see why the extra clip size should be reduced on them because its 2v2, 4v4 is a different story and can see having the extra clips there. But to complain about two weapons that your getting beat to or feel your too good with is pointless, get to the weapons first and control them.

They are fine. They really don’t pop up as fast as you make it out to be. I think your main problem OP is your strategy. Rethink it and once you get the power weapons because of it you won’t be complaining. Garuntee it.

the sticky detonator has has an annoying blast radius and people really abuse it ( camping with camo and using promethean vision to camp)

> the sticky detonator has has an annoying blast radius and people really abuse it ( camping with camo and using promethean vision to camp)

Vote Pro!
:slight_smile: