Something's up with my resolution

Hello friends!
I’ve been playing the Halo Infinite technical preview, and I’ve found an issue for which I’m looking for an explanation or fix.
I’m using a laptop just above the minimum specs, so my settings are at medium-high at 60fps. However, the game still looks awful at 1080p. Everything is out of focus and blurred. Weirdly, if I change the resolution in the settings to 4k, the game looks how it should despite being on my 1080p monitor. It does cut my frames to a max of 30, though. Anyone know what’s going on?

Are your fps settings set to have a minimum of 60fps? The game might be dynamically lowering the screen resolution (or other resolutions in layers) in order to hit that FPS goal.

Depending on what type of computer you have without your charger being plugged in there could be the cause of your problems. Or it might be Halo infinite having a bad day.

> 2535449861118267;1:
> Hello friends!
> I’ve been playing the Halo Infinite technical preview, and I’ve found an issue for which I’m looking for an explanation or fix.
> I’m using a laptop just above the minimum specs, so my settings are at medium-high at 60fps. However, the game still looks awful at 1080p. Everything is out of focus and blurred. Weirdly, if I change the resolution in the settings to 4k, the game looks how it should despite being on my 1080p monitor. It does cut my frames to a max of 30, though. Anyone know what’s going on?

Turn off “Minimum” fps. You’ll lose frames but you’ll gain clarity. Minimum and maximum fps are target framerate and max framerate, respectively.