something that made me think about jetpack..

That made me think about the jetpack is how in hell in earths name can the jetpack pull up a spartan in a armor that got a weight of a half ton (1000Lbs if correct) in the air?
since its two weak small engines… can someone tell me how? i dont make any sense of it, yea i know its a game bull still…

Not quite sure, tbh. Nothing in any released Halo canon gives any specs on the Halo Reach Jetpack, showing that no one’s really wanted to give any specific numbers on how the thing is supposed to work.

If you have enough energy, it’s certainly possible. Related fiction talks about the levels of power that the MJOLNIR armor is able to generate. Perhaps these jetpacks have similar power generation technology inside them.

But yes, it’s a game. Can’t quite explain how a Halo Array works either.

Not like there’s much else to talk about anyway. These forums have been really slow the past couple of days.

> If you have enough energy, it’s certainly possible. Related fiction talks about the levels of power that the MJOLNIR armor is able to generate. Perhaps these jetpacks have similar power generation technology inside them.
>
> But yes, it’s a game. Can’t quite explain how a Halo Array works either.
>
> Not like there’s much else to talk about anyway. <mark>These forums have been really slow the past couple of days.</mark>

Yeah… I was noticing that… :frowning:

I would go ahead and guess… some kind of anti-gravity device that taps into the Mjolnir armor for a power source. After all, if they have Spartan Laser tech they could certainly have anti-gravity tech.

It takes time to build up pressure then lift off, its not automatic, in fact its better to jump first then jetpack. And yeah the thrusters look small, but with the right amount of thrust coming out of each it would easily lift one tonne maybe more.

> That made me think about the jetpack is how in hell in earths name can the jetpack pull up a spartan in a armor that got a weight of a half ton (1000Lbs if correct) in the air?
> since its two weak small engines… can someone tell me how? i dont make any sense of it, yea i know its a game bull still…

Yeah I think you are becoming a little too analytical there :stuck_out_tongue:

Each jet pack jump is combined with a super spartan fart, apparently just one fart provides the same amount of thrust as several rocket engines.

what about how the jetpack refuels but for your question the year in halo is like 25xx so it’s advanced

…Good question OP. I mean what, do spartans put rocket fuel in their jetpacks?

I think the ODST’s can fly forever, while Elites and Spartans are temporary. Or the Spartans might have a engine of the Pillar of Autumn on it.

If the technology allows for 1000lbs of armour to be as small and durable as it is then what is to say there is not a similar technology that is able to generate similar forces needed to lift off?

Was intresting reading all posts you guys put in, atleast the serious ones :)the one with taking energy from the mjolnir armor sounds believeable :slight_smile:

Ah yes, the Jetpack conundrum that has stumped mankind for quite some span of time now. The question of this topic is a well-formulated one, as it is difficult to lift 1000 pounds with guided thrusters, let alone a single man without armor. This conundrum is a popular and perplexing part of Aerodynamics that has only seen prototypes developed. The main issue is this: It needs to provide enough propulsion through spontaneous combustion to cause someone to fly, however this often requires more mass and therefore fuel, and it’s all but impossible to end up building a small plane onto one’s back. There’s also stability and blah blah blah… science science excreta.

One interesting possibility to consider here is that mass is not relative to volume or how much space is taken. It is very much possible that this was somehow mastered to have a turbojet sending a half-ton SPARTAN project member in the sky from a rather small device.