something needs to be done to ease the suffering

we had a few months ago a bunch of people complain about being farmed in WZ. well now its happening in BTB. and I’m sorry but you cant simple fix it by putting a bandaid on it by lowering the fireteam amount.

played a btb game (jip) where a fire team of 6 was farming our team for killing in a ctf game. there were people who got inconceivable. this is ridiculous now.

we can easily fix this by either add matching teams with teams
-or-
add a very relaxed skill rank for social. this way we are not matching onyx and champs with bronze and silver.

Agreed. My last match I had forty-one deaths because the other team decided to farm kills instead of capturing the flag to win the game. I am sure as hell not going to quit because I hate quitters. I reported every single one of them.

This needs to be fixed and ASAP. I don’t care who or how but something needs to be done.

Edit: Not my last match, the one before that.

> 2535417176108194;2:
> Agreed. My last match I had forty-one deaths because the other team decided to farm kills instead of capturing the flag to win the game. I am sure as hell not going to quit because I hate quitters. I reported every single one of them.
>
> This needs to be fixed and ASAP. I don’t care who or how but something needs to be done.
>
> Edit: Not my last match, the one before that.

I do the same thing. if youre better than me fine. you killed me, fine. but don’t sit and not play the game properly or you will get reported

They are looking into this and I read that they have something in the works! :wink: to try and fix these issues.

> 2533274893413600;4:
> They are looking into this and I read that they have something in the works! :wink: to try and fix these issues.

hopefully sooner rather than later. I know its not easy to try and fix a game because some people are scumbags but here’s hoping right…

> 2535416646700910;5:
> > 2533274893413600;4:
> > They are looking into this and I read that they have something in the works! :wink: to try and fix these issues.
>
> hopefully sooner rather than later. I know its not easy to try and fix a game because some people are scumbags but here’s hoping right…

I agree and remember adding these can take a while to implement into a game :wink:

This is a direct result of warzone fireteam restrictions. Playing with a large group is a ton of fun and the large groups were pushed into BTB. I am not defending the farming, and it is out of hand I agree. The last BTB game I played I rage quit because we were getting out slayed heavily yet the enemy made no attempt to capture the flag. It was obvious they intended to destroy until the time ran out so I quit. What is the solution though? If we limit fireteam size what playlist is next? Slayer? Team Arena? MM based on party size would help a lot, but it doesn’t look like we will be getting that.

> 2535417176108194;2:
> Agreed. My last match I had forty-one deaths because the other team decided to farm kills instead of capturing the flag to win the game. I am sure as hell not going to quit because I hate quitters. I reported every single one of them.
>
> This needs to be fixed and ASAP. I don’t care who or how but something needs to be done.
>
> Edit: Not my last match, the one before that.

I will not take 41 deaths from farmers. No way. I quit when it’s clear it’s farming and I think everyone should. Don’t feed the farmers.

I’m pretty sure there already is a relaxed skill rank for social. It doesn’t take much of a rank differentiation to result in a blow out match when a game has a skill gap like this one does. Of course, the fireteam thing only makes it worse.

Matching teams to teams is hopeless - there just isn’t enough population to do it without completely throwing out any form of skill-based matching, and so the blow outs would continue unabated. To this game’s credit, there have been Halos with much higher populations that couldn’t really do any better - at least that’s my recollection.

Your real action list boils down to this:

1. Don’t go into matchmaking without a fireteam of your own. They would tell you that this is why xbox live gives you a friend list and why Halo has Spartan Companies. That’s an answer that rings hollow with me personally, but that’s what they would tell you.

2. Not to throw gas on the fire, but if I found myself in a match even remotely like the one you described then I would quit it. There are way too many people playing this game who have been indoctrinated to believe that quitting under any circumstance is wrong, and if you’re one of those people then I won’t try to turn you to the dark side. Except to say that if you can already acknowledge that matchmaking is flawed, and you can since that’s what this thread is all about, then you have to decide for yourself to what degree you’re willing to take charge of the problem if no one else will. Food for thought.

> 2533274873843883;8:
> I’m pretty sure there already is a relaxed skill rank for social. It doesn’t take much of a rank differentiation to result in a blow out match when a game has a skill gap like this one does. Of course, the fireteam thing only makes it worse.
>
> Matching teams to teams is hopeless - there just isn’t enough population to do it without completely throwing out any form of skill-based matching, and so the blow outs would continue unabated. To this game’s credit, there have been Halos with much higher populations that couldn’t really do any better - at least that’s my recollection.
>
> Your real action list boils down to this:
>
> 1) Don’t go into matchmaking without a fireteam of your own. They would tell you that this is why xbox live gives you a friend list and why Halo has Spartan Companies. That’s an answer that rings hollow with me personally, but that’s what they would tell you.
>
> 2) Not to throw gas on the fire, but if I found myself in a match even remotely like the one you described then I would quit it. There are way too many people playing this game who have been indoctrinated to believe that quitting under any circumstance is wrong, and if you’re one of those people then I won’t try to turn you to the dark side. Except to say that if you can already acknowledge that matchmaking is flawed, and you can since that’s what this thread is all about, then you have to decide for yourself to what degree you’re willing to take charge of the problem if no one else will. Food for thought.

I’m going to assume that point two is directed at me.

I’ve been mulling it over, and while I typically report quitters, I didn’t report any of them during that game just because of how blatantly the other team was farming for medals, kills, etc… I don’t blame anyone for quitting that match because it was garbage. You raise valid points, and chances are I’ll make the exception for games like those and quit them, simply because it is unfair and flawed.

but see that just it, quitting is wrong and I shouldn’t HAVE to quit out of matches because some sweaty nerds want to be buttmumchers and farm kills. the problem lies not within the quit/ban system. it lies within the matchmaking system. you should be punished for quitting, ESPECIALLY repeat offenders. if we had a proper, working matchmaking system it would eliminate so many issues people have with this game.

I would rather have to wait longer and get a proper match than be throwin into the quickest one. I think most people will agree with me.

> 2535416646700910;10:
> but see that just it, quitting is wrong and I shouldn’t HAVE to quit out of matches because some sweaty nerds want to be buttmumchers and farm kills. the problem lies not within the quit/ban system. it lies within the matchmaking system. you should be punished for quitting, ESPECIALLY repeat offenders. if we had a proper, working matchmaking system it would eliminate so many issues people have with this game.
>
> I would rather have to wait longer and get a proper match than be throwin into the quickest one. I think most people will agree with me.

This is a tough one. We all say that we’d be willing to wait for an accurate match, but they’ve tested these things before and it turns out that the average player has very little patience for waiting on matches. The truth is that we want them accurate and we want them fast. And the other truth is that the system can deliver both of those things only for the fifty percent of players clustered around the middle of the bell curve, and maybe even then only during peak hours. And that’s assuming that they introduce a handicap for teams of randoms, which may well happen but hasn’t happened yet. And that’s assuming that you have faith in the ability of the system to accurately judge skill in the first place. I don’t, but you might, and we can save that debate for another time and place.

I can appreciate your reluctance to quit matches even though I don’t share it. When I see matchmaking do something that’s just plain wrong then I have a hard time imagining how adding my personal indignity into the equation can make the situation any better. I’d rather use my quit as a message to the developer than use my stay as a point of pride, but that’s in no way a judgment on anyone else. We all have to make our own way in this game. For me that will be a lot easier to do on the day when I feel like the developer has met me half way. They haven’t been able to do that in fifteen years, but tomorrow, as they say, is another day.

Just quit - play FFA - there is no solution in team games if you go solo

> 2533274805696963;12:
> Just quit - play FFA - there is no solution in team games if you go solo

I don’t like FFA because whenever I play it’s either too many campers, killstealing, or someone showing up mid fight to get easy doublekills. if that works for you that’s fine but we as CUSTOMERS should dnot be forced to play FFA to get a balanced game. ALL the gamemodes should work properly with few errors. I know no game can be perfect but we’ve had severe matchmaking issues with this game since launch and sometimes I wonder if its gotten worse and not better… I never had the kind of MM issues with ANY other halo game. so why are we getting them now? something changed that should have? if so 343 needs to change it back to the way it was.

MM has gotten worse since this last update a lot worse when this season started I ranked in slayer diamond 2 down from onxy 1600 I had the day before then it was rest again and I won 90% of my games and was placed plat 5 and the matchmaking just sucks now shooting players with rockets and they don’t die or plasma grenades fall off or explode and they live or reloading to kill someone and getting a perfect in the process I really hope the next halo 343 does is better and not broken like halo 5 is and I don’t think they need to change something evertime a small group of players complain)