Something naysayers have right.

I’m most definitely not a total naysayer, but there is one thing I agree with them on. This argument has sorta been going on since Reach so it isn’t exclusive to H4, but it applies nonetheless.

I’d love gameplay with unlockable progression based items adding to the dynamic, but you know what feature could totally be scraped and the manpower used for it diverted to something more beneficial to game play?

Cosmetic armor, like we have in Reach, and of course will have in H4. We don’t need gimmicks at all like a stupid skull helmet or robot arms. It’s pointless, makes your Spartan look like they were limited and blew their arm off…or they did die and their freaking reanimated corpses.

The manpower for that which would be modelers and artists could be diverted to working on aesthetics for maps, or modeling cool things in campaign…like giant dinosaur battles. (IDK lol).

Often times I’ll find myself trying to find an armor combination that represents me, but I only end up with something that a cow threw up. I mean…maybe if the armor permutations actually looked good. The random pouches or beer can esque items on a chest doesn’t look cool.

Who else agrees with me?

Personally I love the Halo Reach armor customization. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another player with the exact same setup as my Spartan which helps me feel like my player is unique. You might not like all the pouches and bits and pieces but for me it helps me feel like my Spartan is a real soldier who really has to go into combat. The raw scratched armor look of Halo Reach Spartans helps immerse me in the reality that Spartans are battle-hardened warriors all with different strengths.

In my opinion, one of the main things Halo is known for is it’s in-depth character customization. You can’t just take it out because it’s “unnecessary.” I enjoy personalizing my appearance, by it in RPG’s or FPS’s.

Oh yeah, I totally dig the actual dirt, grit and scratches on the armor. I’m not saying I want it to be like Halo 3 where Spartans looked like plastic toys. Just armor that looks good, or really good looking Spartans without any armor so that manpower can be diverted to something else. I’m willing to sacrifice something for a better thing.

Halo 3 permutations had the right idea, especially the chest pieces. Those were actual permutations, hell, if you want to get technical you could have a different armor system altogether with Hayabusa, the description says it is a different project from MJOLNIR.

> Oh yeah, I totally dig the actual dirt, grit and scratches on the armor. I’m not saying I want it to be like Halo 3 where Spartans looked like plastic toys. Just armor that looks good, or really good looking Spartans without any armor so that manpower can be diverted to something else. I’m willing to sacrifice something for a better thing.
>
>
> Halo 3 permutations had the right idea, especially the chest pieces. Those were actual permutations, hell, if you want to get technical you could have a different armor system altogether with Hayabusa, the description says it is a different project from MJOLNIR.

Why can’t we have both?

Why not have Chest Pieces be like Helmets where we can unlock additional attachments?

I hated how every chest piece had about 39 grenades on them unless you were using default, which I still use. I also don’t understand why the more expensive shoulders just meant that they were massive. And why did the armor look so dirty??.

Also, please make way more than 4 colors