Something is missing..

Don’t get me wrong the Halo Infinite Tech preview was fun! But, at the same time it didn’t really evolve Halo… Equipment is returning, a feature from Halo 3. From playing, it reminded me of a new polished H3 with the feel of H5.

I want to see Halo evolve and I didn’t really see that. I’m not talking about graphics or anything like that I’m talking about MP sandbox features…

Example:

• Destruction - Shoot through walls, grenades make huge holes in the ground. Blow up buildings etc…
  • Higher player counts on huge forerunner environments or cities not just 12 vs 12… that’s not a huge jump from 8 vs 8… higher player count could be crazy with new games modes.
  • Play as Brutes, Elites etc. We can use the weapons but that’s it… makes no sense.
  • More gore like when you shoot someone with a shotgun the Spartans arm flys off or another body part, or if you get ran over by a vehicle your body shreds…

I don’t know maybe I’m crazy I just feel like Halo Infinite MP is missing that wow factor to push it forward for the next 10 years…

Anyways just my feedback since the Inside support closed down…

Thanks!

They’re definitely going to add more as they go, not just keep it bland for the next 10 years, but to update it and make it have that “wow factor”

> 2535461884091985;2:
> They’re definitely going to add more as they go, not just keep it bland for the next 10 years, but to update it and make it have that “wow factor”

Yeah but what?? Battle pass, Forge (map editor) can’t make the sandbox better what else could it be? I see them doing the same as MCC which is not evolving the Halo sandbox… customization does not make it magically better. So I don’t know…

Most Halo fans haven’t been asking for destructible buildings and crazy stuff we haven’t seen. Most people have been asking a return to the feel of H3 and from what we’ve seen Infinite is shaping up to be that more or less, at least at launch.

Infinite will be a live service game, look how much a game like fortnite has changed over the last few years. At this stage it’s far too early to predict how exactly the game will evolve and we can hope that fan feedback is what inspires how the game changes shape over it’s lifetime. I very much imagine the slipspace engine is capable of pushing player counts like you’re hoping for though it may take time. There’s no way they haven’t considered a Battle Royale mode for example and I’m sure that’s factored into the what’s likely ongoing development of the slipspace engine.

> 2533275004674037;4:
> Most Halo fans haven’t been asking for destructible buildings and crazy stuff we haven’t seen. Most people have been asking a return to the feel of H3 and from what we’ve seen Infinite is shaping up to be that more or less, at least at launch.
>
> Infinite will be a live service game, look how much a game like fortnite has changed over the last few years. At this stage it’s far too early to predict how exactly the game will evolve and we can hope that fan feedback is what inspires how the game changes shape over it’s lifetime. I very much imagine the slipspace engine is capable of pushing player counts like you’re hoping for though it may take time. There’s no way they haven’t considered a Battle Royale mode for example and I’m sure that’s factored into the what’s likely ongoing development of the slipspace engine.

Good point! Hopefully, the slipspace engine can handle those things! I just want to see Halo evolve into something incredible… right now it’s great but it’s literally H3 with H5 smoothness and updated graphics. Nothing in the game is brand new to Halo… only guns and equipment but nothing sandbox wise… that’s why I’m concerned. If you look at Halo 1 to 2 huge difference with the sandbox then from Halo 2 to 3 huge difference again… I’m not seeing that trend anymore…

Destructible buildings etc would make the game play less like halo and more like something else. Some of your suggestions like gore are ones that I like (to an extent), but the former isn’t a good one.

> 2533274810812466;6:
> Destructible buildings etc would make the game play less like halo and more like something else. Some of your suggestions like gore are ones that I like (to an extent), but the former isn’t a good one.

How would it make it less like Halo? The sandbox isn’t changing the style of play would but I think it would be awesome in 2021 to have destruction. Someone hiding behind concrete and you throw a grenade and it’s completely destroys that object. Or destructible elements on the maps… I don’t know Halo has a winning sandbox but if it doesn’t evolve people are not going to stay for 10 years…

Personally I feel the best way to evolve Halo is to expand on its core modes

Campaign (disclaimer we still don’t know much about the Campaign yet)

• Open world RPG-esque elements such as: - Raiding and looting enemy encampments to unlock supplies that you can call upon as limited capacity ordnance drops - Summon ordnance drops such as ammo caches, power weapons, mythic weapons like in Halo 5 that you find from these encampments - Summon vehicles such as mongeese, warthogs, a wasp, or even a Pelican for you to pilot as you explore Zeta Halo - Save marines, ODSTs, and even Spartan IVs from enemy encampments to recruit them as a squad. They can ride your personal warthogs and even your Pelican, or you can dismiss them to shelter where they can rest until you want to request backup at a later point in the story. Units that die under your command will have permadeath, so you must save and recruit more if you have no more units to call for backup - Create shelter areas for your marines that you save, where you can resupply for free, and where marines can research and forge mythic versions of weapons for you to use. These require resources that you can find throughout Zeta Halo.Firefight

• Firefight Classic: Firefight as we know it from Halo 3 ODST and Reach. Survive as a squad of 4 against waves of enemies. - Firefight Competitive: A competitive game mode that combines Spartan vs Banished combat (PvE) with Spartan vs Spartan combat (PvP). Two teams of 4 players compete against each other to clear their side of a map of Banished enemies the fastest, before the map opens up to where the two Spartan teams can face off against each other along with any remaining Banished units. Both Banished kills and Spartan kills count as points. Teams with the most points at the end wins. - Firefight Versus: Firefight Classic with a twist. A team of 4 Spartans must defend against waves of the Banished, including 4 Banished players that can play as Banished units such as Grunts, Jackals, Elites, and Brutes. The Banished players must team up to eliminate the enemy team of Spartan players while the Spartans must survive a certain number of waves.

> 2535436343957630;7:
> > 2533274810812466;6:
> > Destructible buildings etc would make the game play less like halo and more like something else. Some of your suggestions like gore are ones that I like (to an extent), but the former isn’t a good one.
>
> How would it make it less like Halo? The sandbox isn’t changing the style of play would but I think it would be awesome in 2021 to have destruction. Someone hiding behind concrete and you throw a grenade and it’s completely destroys that object. Or destructible elements on the maps… I don’t know Halo has a winning sandbox but if it doesn’t evolve people are not going to stay for 10 years…

It completely changes the style of play because where you were previously safe behind say a brick wall, you no longer are. It would change battles completely.

Would be cool if the barrel of weapons would smoke when shooting.

OP, I feel like you’d be more interested in a halo spin off series or maybe even a different franchise all together.

A ton of Halo fans have wanted Halo to play a lot more like how Halo used to be. Not to turn into a new game entirely which kind of sounds like what you want. Different playable races, destructible environments etc Not saying this wouldn’t be fun but for the core Halo series I think it’s best to stick to how Halo has been played forever.

Like I said, I think you want a spin off Halo game.

> 2535461884091985;2:
> They’re definitely going to add more as they go, not just keep it bland for the next 10 years, but to update it and make it have that “wow factor”

With 9 year old console hardware holding it back. Unlikely.