Something is different with halo 4 (ranks)

I have been a halo fan since CE and i have gotten past all the ranks in 3 and reach on my old account. Though when I hit 130 today I did no longer feel the need to play, I know there are commendations and everything but I still played 3 and reach just for the fun of it, this is not the case with halo 4. I do really like the game and I enjoy close to all the things 343 has done with it, but I no longer feel like there is a good reason to play. I think a major component to this is either people aren’t good enough to play with me or they just use the boltshot every game and camp. It just doesn’t seem like fun. In other games i felt like i was really going for something when i was aiming for the top rank but in halo 4 it seems more like a chore with how some of the game play works. I love forge and customs but I feel very limited when i play with them and its so hard to make anything like a race map that even forge seems like a chore. I really love the halo series and 4 is no exception, but what do you guys think I could do to put more of an incentive back to my gaming?

(this is probably very sloppy wording from how tired I am right now I am sorry for that :))

tl;dr: Do not have an incentive to play and don’t want it to feel like a chore to play, how can I bring the fun back?

I agree.
I don’t know, try grabbing some buddies when you jump into matchmaking? It’s a little difficult for me to get friends onto Halo 4, but it might make things more fun. I guess we just need more customs.

I’m almost at SR 130, so I feel like this will happen to me as well. I wish CSR was implemented sooner, because I think that would be enough to keep me going.

> I’m almost at SR 130, so I feel like this will happen to me as well. I wish CSR was implemented sooner, because I think that would be enough to keep me going.

I do also wish that it was in the game sooner but they cant redo that I just hope they learn from this stuff in 5 :slight_smile: