Something I'd like to see in a Halo Game.

An option I always wanted was a Squad Selection at the beginning of a level. For example, you could have something called Command Points (CP). Maybe start with 10 and pick different Covenant/UNSC forces. This is what I have in mind:

Hunters: A pair of Hunters. Costs 4 CP (Only two pairs can be deployed at a time.)

Elite Fighters: 3 Elites, one major and two minors. Costs 3 CP

Grunt Pair: Two Grunts armed with Needlers and Plasma Grenades. Costs 1 CP

Jackal Phalanxes: A pair of Jackals armed with Energy Shield Gauntlets. Costs 2 CP

Elite Kill Team: 3 Elites, one Zealot and two Ultras. Costs 5 CP

Spec Ops: 1 Spec Ops Elite capable of permanent cloaking, even after firing. Costs 1 CP

That said for the Covenant, UNSC:

Saboteur: An ODST equipped with a Rocket Launcher. Costs 2 CP (Only two Saboteurs can be deployed at a time.)

Assault Marines: Three marines equipped with frag grenades and Assault Rifles. Costs 3 CP

Riflemen: Two Marines equipped with DMR’s/BR’s. Costs 2 CP

ODST CQC: Two ODST’s equipped with Shotguns. Costs 3 CP

ODST Combatants: Three ODST’s; one equipped with an Assault Rifle, another with a Spartan Laser, and the third with a DMR. Costs 5 CP (Only one squad can be deployed at a time.)

Marksman: A well camouflaged Marine equipped with a Sniper Rifle. Costs 1 CP

What do you guys think?

> An option I always wanted was a Squad Selection at the beginning of a level. For example, you could have something called Command Points (CP). Maybe start with 10 and pick different Covenant/UNSC forces. This is what I have in mind:
>
> Hunters: A pair of Hunters. Costs 4 CP (Only two pairs can be deployed at a time.)
>
> Elite Fighters: 3 Elites, one major and two minors. Costs 3 CP
>
> Grunt Pair: Two Grunts armed with Needlers and Plasma Grenades. Costs 1 CP
>
> Jackal Phalanxes: A pair of Jackals armed with Energy Shield Gauntlets. Costs 2 CP
>
> Elite Kill Team: 3 Elites, one Zealot and two Ultras. Costs 5 CP
>
> Spec Ops: 1 Spec Ops Elite capable of permanent cloaking, even after firing. Costs 1 CP
>
>
>
> That said for the Covenant, UNSC:
>
> Saboteur: An ODST equipped with a Rocket Launcher. Costs 2 CP (Only two Saboteurs can be deployed at a time.)
>
> Assault Marines: Three marines equipped with frag grenades and Assault Rifles. Costs 3 CP
>
> Riflemen: Two Marines equipped with DMR’s/BR’s. Costs 2 CP
>
> ODST CQC: Two ODST’s equipped with Shotguns. Costs 3 CP
>
> ODST Combatants: Three ODST’s; one equipped with an Assault Rifle, another with a Spartan Laser, and the third with a DMR. Costs 5 CP (Only one squad can be deployed at a time.)
>
> Marksman: A well camouflaged Marine equipped with a Sniper Rifle. Costs 1 CP
>
>
>
> What do you guys think?

sorry but…no, just no.

It was just a thought… But yeah, I guess you’re right.

Although im not so fond of the idea in campaign, I think that could make a much more fun Invasion. I always thought invasion was just another version of BTB CTF, but your idea could be a great way to separate it from the rest of MP IMO.

Kinda reminds me of SW Battlefront, and a Battlefrontish Halo game would be awesome in my eyes, but ultimately it would deviate too far gameplay wise to appeal to a lot of people I believe.

> Kinda reminds me of SW Battlefront, and a Battlefrontish Halo game would be awesome in my eyes, but ultimately it would deviate too far gameplay wise to appeal to a lot of people I believe.

This is how I thought Reach was going to be like. It makes a little sense if you look at Noble team long enough.

I like the idea of bieng able to pick your support. However I don’t think it should involve a budget system. You can pick a set of support, when it dies, you’re on your own until the next reinforcements.

> Kinda reminds me of SW Battlefront, and a Battlefrontish Halo game would be awesome in my eyes, but ultimately it would deviate too far gameplay wise to appeal to a lot of people I believe.

We need a SW Battlefront 3 like yesterday-ish.

/patiently wating :frowning:

> > Kinda reminds me of SW Battlefront, and a Battlefrontish Halo game would be awesome in my eyes, but ultimately it would deviate too far gameplay wise to appeal to a lot of people I believe.
>
> We need a SW Battlefront 3 like yesterday-ish.
>
> /patiently wating :frowning:

I can’t bear to give up hope on it either, I dearly miss space combat.

But anyways, I could actually see this kind of game working out for Halo now that I put more than 5 seconds of thought into it. Since there’s a rather tremendous amount of weapons, vehicles, locations, and characters it could certainly be good for both multiplayer and single player. Space battles could also be done well (but there better be no auto-leveling as you move like in Long Night of Solace, it’s frustrating as you try to turn and dodge and it doesn’t even make sense in space).

Ground battles would just be awesome. You’d have your conventional, straight forward faction (UNSC) and the unconventional, specialist faction (Covies). The only real problem I could see remains fan reception.

> > > Kinda reminds me of SW Battlefront, and a Battlefrontish Halo game would be awesome in my eyes, but ultimately it would deviate too far gameplay wise to appeal to a lot of people I believe.
> >
> > We need a SW Battlefront 3 like yesterday-ish.
> >
> > /patiently wating :frowning:
>
> I can’t bear to give up hope on it either, I dearly miss space combat.
>
> But anyways, I could actually see this kind of game working out for Halo now that I put more than 5 seconds of thought into it. Since there’s a rather tremendous amount of weapons, vehicles, locations, and characters it could certainly be good for both multiplayer and single player. Space battles could also be done well (but there better be no auto-leveling as you move like in Long Night of Solace, it’s frustrating as you try to turn and dodge and it doesn’t even make sense in space).
>
> Ground battles would just be awesome. You’d have your conventional, straight forward faction (UNSC) and the unconventional, specialist faction (Covies). The only real problem I could see remains fan reception.

I miss the epic scale of battle. Every conflict felt somewhat fresh and balls to the walls action! Sadly without Pandemic at the helm, I’m skeptical but then again, the rumors have been just as bad as a FF7 re-release. They keep teasing.

I just don’t know if this would work as similar with Halo b/c it would have to adopt the 3rd person mechanic which I’m not too sure would sit well with traditional fans.

I’d probably enjoy it though. I love over the shoulder shooters.

> Kinda reminds me of SW Battlefront, and a Battlefrontish Halo game would be awesome in my eyes, but ultimately it would deviate too far gameplay wise to appeal to a lot of people I believe.

This would only work after halo 4, 5 and 6 because in star wars battlefront you sort of make your own history, and the Halo history is already written

I’d like to see something similar as it’s own game mode. I mean we had normal multiplayer, then they added firefight. If they add something like this it’d be pretty cool. Just think of all the different gametypes they could have for a mode like this.

They should add something like Firefight Invasion, where it was a custom game and you would have marines and ODSTs on your side and you would have to advance on a Covenant position and try to capture it. That way, you wouldn’t have to play a matchmaking game and possibly have a better rp session or something like that.

> They should add something like Firefight Invasion, where it was a custom game and you would have marines and ODSTs on your side and you would have to advance on a Covenant position and try to capture it. That way, you wouldn’t have to play a matchmaking game and possibly have a better rp session or something like that.

i was going to say the exact same thing, this would go well on firefight, how ever i would changed how much things cost, as the suggestions you made (guy that posted this topic) seemed to cheap for me, hell to hunters and a load of elites will do all the work for you

> > Kinda reminds me of SW Battlefront, and a Battlefrontish Halo game would be awesome in my eyes, but ultimately it would deviate too far gameplay wise to appeal to a lot of people I believe.
>
> This would only work after halo 4, 5 and 6 because in star wars battlefront you sort of make your own history, and the Halo history is already written

Not really. It follows every major event but gives the option to see if the Rebels/Separatists/Empire win certain conflicts but it never gave a conclusion to “What Would Actually Happen”.

It would totally work here.