Something I Don't GEt...

I assume that H4 is going to have one headshot to an unshielded head to equal a kill. If so, then I demand that a bodyshot to the center of chest also be a kill.

Why you ask?

Because if one headshot to an unshielded head equals a kill then that means that the bullet has enough penetrating power to punch through the armor there and the skull and into the brain. If the bullet has enough power to do that, then certainly it has enough power to punch through the armor on the chest and into the heart causing instantaneous death. If it doesn’t then that means then that either means the magically more damage to head than it does to the body or that the UNSC is giving it’s soldiers helmets with less protection than their chest armor, when if anything, the head should have more protection.

Either option doesn’t make sense. 343, please fix this discrepancy for H4.

Alternatively: You could make it take several headshots to kill an unshielded target. I’m for either option.

Are you serious? That would be detrimental to gameplay. I honestly hope you’re trolling.

> Are you serious?

Yes.

> That would be detrimental to gameplay.

Only if they take the latter option. If they take the former your opponent still has to hit the same relatively small area as hitting the head since a shot to the lung won’t cause instant death.

Gameplay>Realism

I don’t think the bullets actually penetrate, except for sniper rounds. The reason a headshot kills without shields would probably be due to the impact of bullets to your dome. Bullets to your torso wouldn’t kill you immediately. At least that’s my thinking on the matter.

No just no

Yes, because it is so hard to image that a helmet which is much smaller and needs more tech in it than a chest piece would have less protection. And it isn’t like spartans don’t have things called muscles in their chest that could take some of the impact that they don’t have in the heads or anything.

> > Are you serious?
>
> Yes.

Methew, I know you are serious. But you already have recoil to help you out. Aim at the chest like in the gameplay video and you’ll shots automatically get lead up to the head by the recoil. I don’t want Halo 4 to be another Halo Reach where beginners can go pro within a month, so I say no to this.

> I don’t think the bullets actually penetrate, except for sniper rounds. The reason a headshot kills without shields would probably be due to the impact of bullets to your dome. Bullets to your torso wouldn’t kill you immediately. At least that’s my thinking on the matter.

Again like I said, if unshielded headshots kill that means that the bullets can and are penetrating the armor on the head which means it can penetrate the armor on the torso, where a shot to the heart can and should kill.

Unless the UNSC is giving out substandard helmets or the guns do different amounts of damage because of magic bullets.

Methew does have a point. :stuck_out_tongue:

However the chest is covered by a large plate of near bulletproof metal, while the head is surrounded mainly by a visor and flexible, permeable rubber (or at least what I assume is rubber for the neck). Also simply applying a large amount of force to your head can seriously mess up your brain, if not kill you, a large amount of force on your chest for a split second may cause damage, but will not cause your heart to stop beating or your lungs to stop breathing.

Now THAT cause Halo to be like CoD, rather than all of these other changes.

> > > Are you serious?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Methew, I know you are serious.

Did you check out the link?

> Yes, because it is so hard to image that a helmet which is much smaller and needs more tech in it than a chest piece would have less protection.

Even current helmets are bullet proof, to think that they would sack head protection doesn’t make sense. Not to mention that according to the Halo Encyclopedia, everything that isn’t the visor is made out of titanium, the same titanium as the chest plate, with seemingly the same thickness.

> And it isn’t like spartans don’t have things called muscles in their chest that could take some of the impact that they don’t have in the heads or anything.

Mythbusters already tried it.

And I would think that the skull made from the nigh unbreakable bone that the rest of their skeleton is made of would provide better protection.

> > > > Are you serious?
> > >
> > > Yes.
> >
> > Methew, I know you are serious.
>
> Did you check out the link?

Yes, but, why? Also, would you like people to 1-shot you with the sniper in the chest?

Now listen up -Yoink!-.

Have you ever heard of a bullet proof vest?

> Now listen up -Yoink!-.
>
> Have you ever heard of a bullet proof vest?

Helmets that our armed forces use are bullet proof too.

> > Now listen up -Yoink!-.
> >
> > Have you ever heard of a bullet proof vest?
>
> Helmets that our armed forces use are bullet proof too.

Not in Halo.

> > > > > Are you serious?
> > > >
> > > > Yes.
> > >
> > > Methew, I know you are serious.
> >
> > Did you check out the link?
>
> Yes, but, why? Also, would you like people to 1-shot you with the sniper in the chest?

And you still think I’m serious?

> > > Now listen up -Yoink!-.
> > >
> > > Have you ever heard of a bullet proof vest?
> >
> > Helmets that our armed forces use are bullet proof too.
>
> Not in Halo.

Obviously.

So who is the bigger villian, Halsey for kidnapping children to train into super soldiers or the UNSC for outfitting untold numbers of soldiers with substandard equipment that got them killed.