Something bothersome in every Halo to date.

It’s more prominent in the campaign then anything else, and I’m referring to the amazingly inconsistent size comparison between characters against one another, and it gets even worse with the Spartan 4 program, as seen in both of these pictures:

Locke and Arbiter
Palmer compared to Chief
Locke and one of Arbiter’s Elites.
Arby and the Chief

Let’s look at some sizes now:

• John-117 is 6’10" without armor, and 7’2" when dawning his MJOLNIR armor.- Thel 'Vadam (Arbiter) is 7’10"- Sarah Palmer is 6’9" in her Mjolnir Gen 2- Sangheili are 7’4" to 8’6" on average- Mgalekgolo (Hunters) are 12’0"Does Palmer look noticeably smaller then Chief in that picture? Also how is Locke as large as the Arbiter and the other Elite, even in MJOLNIR, that should not be the case. In fact, the Spartan IV’s should not be much taller then the average human, here is a complete list of their augmentations. There is nothing there that would increase physical height, and not enough to greatly increase physical mass either (keep in mind they are also adults when the enhancements are administered, making them less effective). That being said, they should stand around 6’4" in their more streamlined MJOLNIR Gen II armor. I know this is something minor, but it always bothered me when the Spartan IV’s where as tall as chief, and it was only in the CGI cutscenes when we saw Palmers true height. She said something about him being taller?

Other images of more proper sizing and scale:
Chief, Johnson and Miranda.
A spartan III and a Mgalekgolo.

God -Yoink!- now you’re going to set off an extreme case of OCD for me. Just look at how tiny those Elites are! And how overly huge Locke is! D:

Also notice where Locke’s feet are place and that the Elite’s are further back.

But other than that, yeah, proportions seem to vary.

> 2533274881015020;2:
> God -Yoink!- now you’re going to set off an extreme case of OCD for me. Just look at how tiny those Elites are! And how overly huge Locke is! D:

YES! Feel my pain, let it flow through you.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> Also notice where Locke’s feet are place and that the Elite’s are further back.
>
> But other than that, yeah, proportions seem to vary.

They vary far to greatly from game to game.

> 2533274833276553;1:
> It’s more prominent in the campaign then anything else, and I’m referring to the amazingly inconsistent size comparison between characters against one another, and it gets even worse with the Spartan 4 program, as seen in both of these pictures:
>
> Locke and Arbiter
> Palmer compared to Chief
> Locke and one of Arbiter’s Elites.
> Arby and the Chief
>
> Let’s look at some sizes now:
> - John-117 is 6’10" without armor, and 7’2" when dawning his MJOLNIR armor.
> - Thel 'Vadam (Arbiter) is 7’10"
> - Sarah Palmer is 6’9" in her Mjolnir Gen 2
> - Sangheili are 7’4" to 8’6" on average
> - Mgalekgolo (Hunters) are 12’0"
> Does Palmer look noticeably smaller then Chief in that picture? Also how is Locke as large as the Arbiter and the other Elite, even in MJOLNIR, that should not be the case. In fact, the Spartan IV’s should not be much taller then the average human, here is a complete list of their augmentations. There is nothing there that would increase physical height, and not enough to greatly increase physical mass either (keep in mind they are also adults when the enhancements are administered, making them less effective). That being said, they should stand around 6’4" in their more streamlined MJOLNIR Gen II armor. I know this is something minor, but it always bothered me when the Spartan IV’s where as tall as chief, and it was only in the CGI cutscenes when we saw Palmers true height. She said something about him being taller?
>
> Other images of more proper sizing and scale:
> Chief, Johnson and Miranda.
> A spartan III and a Mgalekgolo.

Ugh… Stop. I can’t take it!

Why do they always screw height consistency in the CGI cutscenes? In-game Spartan IV’s weren’t much taller than other marines in Halo 4, and now they’re suddenly eye-level with Elites?

> 2535460843083983;6:
> > 2533274833276553;1:
> > It’s more prominent in the campaign then anything else, and I’m referring to the amazingly inconsistent size comparison between characters against one another, and it gets even worse with the Spartan 4 program, as seen in both of these pictures:
> >
> > Locke and Arbiter
> > Palmer compared to Chief
> > Locke and one of Arbiter’s Elites.
> > Arby and the Chief
> >
> > Let’s look at some sizes now:
> > - John-117 is 6’10" without armor, and 7’2" when dawning his MJOLNIR armor.
> > - Thel 'Vadam (Arbiter) is 7’10"
> > - Sarah Palmer is 6’9" in her Mjolnir Gen 2
> > - Sangheili are 7’4" to 8’6" on average
> > - Mgalekgolo (Hunters) are 12’0"
> > Does Palmer look noticeably smaller then Chief in that picture? Also how is Locke as large as the Arbiter and the other Elite, even in MJOLNIR, that should not be the case. In fact, the Spartan IV’s should not be much taller then the average human, here is a complete list of their augmentations. There is nothing there that would increase physical height, and not enough to greatly increase physical mass either (keep in mind they are also adults when the enhancements are administered, making them less effective). That being said, they should stand around 6’4" in their more streamlined MJOLNIR Gen II armor. I know this is something minor, but it always bothered me when the Spartan IV’s where as tall as chief, and it was only in the CGI cutscenes when we saw Palmers true height. She said something about him being taller?
> >
> > Other images of more proper sizing and scale:
> > Chief, Johnson and Miranda.
> > A spartan III and a Mgalekgolo.
>
>
> Ugh… Stop. I can’t take it!
>
> Why do they always screw height consistency in the CGI cutscenes? In-game Spartan IV’s weren’t much taller than other marines in Halo 4, and now they’re suddenly eye-level with Elites?

Enjoy that glass of spite and reality from the art directors. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh god my head…ughh…height proportions…Why do people do this? They never stay true to actual real height…

Oh God what have they done…

I don’t think Locke is all that bad. Since Mike Colter plays him and will provide his model, Locke would be 6’ 3’’ and his augmentations would only make him bigger. More consistency would be nice though.

> 2533274812652989;10:
> I don’t think Locke is all that bad. Since Mike Colter plays him and will provide his model, Locke would be 6’ 3’’ and his augmentations would only make him bigger. More consistency would be nice though.

Remember, the Spartan IV’s have no size enhancements from a bone structure perspective. They remain the same height as they where before they were Spartans. Locke should again, be 6’7" in armor, at most.

> 2533274833276553;11:
> > 2533274812652989;10:
> > I don’t think Locke is all that bad. Since Mike Colter plays him and will provide his model, Locke would be 6’ 3’’ and his augmentations would only make him bigger. More consistency would be nice though.
>
>
> Remember, the Spartan IV’s have no size enhancements from a bone structure perspective. They remain the same height as they where before they were Spartans. Locke should again, be 6’7" in armor, at most.

True, I suppose I mistook the Spartan-IVs being tall in general as sign of some kind of augmentation.

> 2533274812652989;12:
> > 2533274833276553;11:
> > > 2533274812652989;10:
> > > I don’t think Locke is all that bad. Since Mike Colter plays him and will provide his model, Locke would be 6’ 3’’ and his augmentations would only make him bigger. More consistency would be nice though.
> >
> >
> >
> > Remember, the Spartan IV’s have no size enhancements from a bone structure perspective. They remain the same height as they where before they were Spartans. Locke should again, be 6’7" in armor, at most.
>
>
> True, I suppose I mistook the Spartan-IVs being tall in general as sign of some kind of augmentation.

I did at first as well, but when I looked into their augmentation procedures, and considering their age when augmented it’s simply not possible. It’s a shame that they weren’t truly elaborated on, so a lot of people don’t know this. One of the main reasons the Spartan II’s were abducted at such a young age was because that was the only way to get the growth enhancements and maximum results from the augmentation (coupled with children being easier to indoctrinate). That being said, the Spartan IV’s procedure is INCREDIBLY more reliable then the augmentations the II’s received.

Goku would still win

Something I will say is Bungie made all of their models to scale so any inconsistencies with Bungie made games can come down to lighting, placement in the scene, camera angle, may different things. If you don’t believe me, there’s a good article on halo.bungie.org that explains it: Determining the Real Sizes of Objects in Halo

I can’t say for sure if 343 adheres to this philosophy, but it does seem there are bigger discrepancies with 343 produced media.

> 2533274794312469;15:
> Something I will say is Bungie made all of their models to scale so any inconsistencies with Bungie made games can come down to lighting, placement in the scene, camera angle, may different things. If you don’t believe me, there’s a good article on halo.bungie.org that explains it: Determining the Real Sizes of Objects in Halo
>
> I can’t say for sure if 343 adheres to this philosophy, but it does seem there are bigger discrepancies with 343 produced media.

Bungie’s not completely in the clear, the Marines are almost as tall as chief in Halo CE, as well as Captain Keyes.

It’s just hard to make something 6ft and another thing 7ft… Especially in a virtual and artistic setting where the programmers and artists really can’t control those things- said no one ever

Lock indeed is huge. Comparing Halo 3’s and 5’s Arbiter, It seems Locke is taller than Chief.

I’ll do my best to unsee this.

Maybe the Master Chief is now taller due to his evolution being accelerated by the Libarian?

The arbiter is actually small for a Sangheili as far as I remember…also…Elites tend to slouch.

That said

In game models have relative size issues because male/female spartans and Elites in halo 3 HAD to offer similar target sizes

This is a case of LoreLore being trumped by gameplay