Someone did Speed Halo?

I was just wondering if someone did Speed Halo ,it was my favorite Custom game in Halo Reach … so yeah i was wondering ^^l

I made it awhile ago before we got infection. It wasn’t that good and I’ve been too lazy to update it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve tried a number of times, unfortunately the physics are wrong for it. With Reach the angle required for a Warthog to slide was less steep than a Spartan so you could get that great balance. With Halo 5 the angle at which a Warthog will slide is also the same angle a Spartan will slide and be unable to walk. If you lower the angle Spartans can run around but you need to continuously drive the hogs but they don’t speed up, ones without drivers slow down and stop. I tested a game where hogs did slide with unfortunately sliding Spartans too and had constant thrust on players so they could climb the ramp but it was too hard to control. It just doesn’t seem like this is possible with the way the physics are in H5. I really hope someone figures it out though, but after hours of testing changing the track angle one degree at a time I didn’t have any luck with it :frowning:

did you try changing the physics of the warthogs?

Didn’t know you could!

> 2533274797469572;5:
> Didn’t know you could!

yea im not a big forge guy but i know you an change how the warthogs react, im pretty sure if you set it on the that is not phased and normal, what ever the other setting is it should work? idk its worth a shot though

> 2533274797469572;3:
> I’ve tried a number of times, unfortunately the physics are wrong for it. With Reach the angle required for a Warthog to slide was less steep than a Spartan so you could get that great balance. With Halo 5 the angle at which a Warthog will slide is also the same angle a Spartan will slide and be unable to walk. If you lower the angle Spartans can run around but you need to continuously drive the hogs but they don’t speed up, ones without drivers slow down and stop. I tested a game where hogs did slide with unfortunately sliding Spartans too and had constant thrust on players so they could climb the ramp but it was too hard to control. It just doesn’t seem like this is possible with the way the physics are in H5. I really hope someone figures it out though, but after hours of testing changing the track angle one degree at a time I didn’t have any luck with it :frowning:

I’ve been trying to make this game type myself, the solution here is to make the long ramp steep enough for warthogs to slide, and near the bottom where the infected run around make the ramp slightly shallower, just enough for the Spartans to be able to freely run without risk of sliding. It also creates boundaries for the infected so they can’t run too far up the ramp and sort of helps group them together more

I tried, and it didnt work. One of my favorites too. :frowning:

Yeah good idea DunkinDiabetes but I always liked seeing how far up the ramp you could get without being splattered :slight_smile: Might be a good solution

Just make the ramp a little less steep, and put some gravity volumes down that only touch the warthogs .
(too high up for players to touch without jumping)

If someone made the map, could you might let me know about it?

> 2533274944512653;2:
> I made it awhile ago before we got infection. It wasn’t that good and I’ve been too lazy to update it :stuck_out_tongue:

I did the same thing. Also there have been a few posts in the community creations section about it. I’m sure at least one of their maps is pretty good