Some weapon skin ideas - Don't flame and waste your time.

Don’t flame these ideas because call of Duty has them. That’s just pathetic, okay? If you do want to do that, prepare to have your time wasted because I don’t care what YOU say. this is for people who agree with me.

I like the idea of weapon skins, e.g. UNSC/ Covenant( half green, half purple) ‘Mark of Shame’, ‘Mantle’(chrome with forerunner symbols and patterns), ‘Flaming blue’, 'Flaming red’and so on.

But some idiots out there are just scanning for COD similarities… Just… what the -Yoink-…

I like the idea of ONLY HALO BASED skins like the ones listed above. Maybe they will be unlock at a level like Field Marshall and up, as there is no more armour bar security attachments, GUNGNIR attachments and Haunted. For example…

These would also be very expensive and only appear on starting weapons(Assault Rifle, DMR and covenant/ forerunner equivalent.

Mark of Shame - Hero. Cost - 400,000 credits

Mantle - Mythic Cost- 500,000 credits
Flaming blue - Nova Cost - 750,000 credits
Flaming red - Eclipse Cost - 1,000,000 credits
UNSC/ Covenant - Reclaimer - 1,200,000 credits
Red Hand Of The Rebellion - Forerunner 2,000,000 credits.

Inheritors would probably just have Haunted or something along those lines ( maybe 343 Sparky related) But I don’t know

ZOMG!!!

343 DON’T LISTEN TO THIS GUY! WE DON’T WANT THIS IN BECAUSE COD HAS IT AND IF HALO HAS ANYTHING COD HAS I’M QUITTING ON HALO! ALSO WHY ARE THERE CREDITS (RAGE)

JK

I like this Idea.

No camos please.

> No camos please.

This guy ignored the HUGE LETTERS.

> > No camos please.
>
> This guy ignored the HUGE LETTERS.

Lol I read the big letters but I am feeling rebellious tonight so i decided to post in this thread. Fight the power!

How would this work exactly? Would the weapon change skin when you pick it up? or would it only be for starting weapons?

I think this would only work in Loadout/Class based halo… which I would NOT like to see return.

Its a cool idea. But sorry mate if its not halo enough 343 said they won’t be putting in stuff that isn’t halo

> Its a cool idea. But sorry mate if its not halo enough 343 said they won’t be putting in stuff that isn’t halo

WHERE! Link please.

> > > No camos please.
> >
> > This guy ignored the HUGE LETTERS.
>
> Lol I read the big letters but I am feeling rebellious tonight so i decided to post in this thread. Fight the power!

Pumps shotgun

It’s a nice idea OP, but I don’t really see it working.

And to be honest, I don’t really want it to work, because it is CoD’s thing, and it just wouldn’t be Halo.

> It’s a nice idea OP, but I don’t really see it working.
>
> And to be honest, I don’t really want it to work, because it is CoD’s thing, and it just wouldn’t be Halo.

Someone else who didn’t read the HUGE LETTERS.

Agh! My eyes! Geez Louise, that’s some big letterage you have going on there.
My personal opinion, I don’t think they’d sit right. I’d rather have 343i focus on making cool textures for lots of things rather than bout 5-6 textures per gun and waste time.

- Jason Garwood

Meh, not into the whole camo thing… Just doesn’t appeal to me.

I agree we should have weapon skins Halo needs more customization other than our armor.

> No camos please.

Why not?

> How would this work exactly? Would the weapon change skin when you pick it up? or would it only be for starting weapons?
>
> I think this would only work in Loadout/Class based halo… which I would NOT like to see return.

Read thw whole thing, for god’s sake. It says (only on starting guns) only on the guys YOU START WITH!!! And no it wouldn’t change, if you kill a forerunner, you can pick up their Red Hand Assault Rifle.

No just no that is a bad idea.Also 343 don’t put reaches ranking system in h4 put halo 2s ranking system please.

> No just no that is a bad idea.Also 343 don’t put reaches ranking system in h4 put halo 2s ranking system please.

How is it a bad idea? And by the way, saying ‘no, just no’ shows how narrow minded you obviously are. This thread was made for those who AGREE WITH ME
So why are you here?

I will say again, as I said in many other posts, weapon skins would only add screen lag and not add anything towards the game, creating a useless feature.

I can understand that you want your weapon to look prettier than other peoples weapons, but this is Halo. Adding skins wouldn’t work because of the following:

  • Adds screen lag
  • Do not add anything towards game play, which is why they add/remove anything
  • Takes time and effort for something useless to create
  • Lose their fan base

The main reason: Halo is a game that you start off with the same equipment as each other player that is playing the game. To have custom skins on each weapon just for your Xbox would cause such a coding problem you would have no idea. Imagine you unlocked a sniper skin, but the other players you are playing with haven’t unlocked it. Would your Xbox be the only Xbox that recognizes that the sniper has the skin, making every other player see the sniper regularly besides you, or would it be that the sniper looks that way for the entire game, and every one has to use that skin that game. Well, if two people had different skins, how would that work?

Weapon skins do not work in Halo.

> I will say again, as I said in many other posts, weapon skins would only add screen lag and not add anything towards the game, creating a useless feature.
>
> I can understand that you want your weapon to look prettier than other peoples weapons, but this is Halo. Adding skins wouldn’t work because of the following:
>
> - Adds screen lag
> - Do not add anything towards game play, which is why they add/remove anything
> - Takes time and effort for something useless to create
> - Lose their fan base
>
> The main reason: Halo is a game that you start off with the same equipment as each other player that is playing the game. To have custom skins on each weapon just for your Xbox would cause such a coding problem you would have no idea. Imagine you unlocked a sniper skin, but the other players you are playing with haven’t unlocked it. Would your Xbox be the only Xbox that recognizes that the sniper has the skin, making every other player see the sniper regularly besides you, or would it be that the sniper looks that way for the entire game, and every one has to use that skin that game. Well, if two people had different skins, how would that work?
>
> Weapon skins do not work in Halo.

How crappy is the game engine if you can’t have weapon skins without screen lag. Armour doesn’t do this. You don’t know what you’re on about, kid. Do you work for 343? Do you know the ins and outs of game programming? Just WHERE do you get these ‘facts’?