Some thoughts on Quality of Life improvements

Hello everybody! This is just a short post about some QoL improvements that I thought would be great to have coming from Halo 5 to Halo Infinite. The first thing I would like to see is some kind of rejoin game when you are playing ranked. My internet isn’t the greatest and sometimes I get kicked out of a game because my internet goes off for not even 15 seconds. I think it would be great if you could rejoin the same ranked game so that you could continue and possibly avoid the penalty for leaving a ranked game when you didn’t really mean to. This could also work as a deterrent from leaving ranked games because then you could set it so that people can’t play another game until that ranked game is over if they leave. Basically this would be kinda like how Overwatch handles Ranked/Competitive.

Let me know if you guys would like to see any other improvements like this in Infinite as well!

> 2533274866022405;1:
> Hello everybody! This is just a short post about some QoL improvements that I thought would be great to have coming from Halo 5 to Halo Infinite. The first thing I would like to see is some kind of rejoin game when you are playing ranked. My internet isn’t the greatest and sometimes I get kicked out of a game because my internet goes off for not even 15 seconds. I think it would be great if you could rejoin the same ranked game so that you could continue and possibly avoid the penalty for leaving a ranked game when you didn’t really mean to. This could also work as a deterrent from leaving ranked games because then you could set it so that people can’t play another game until that ranked game is over if they leave. Basically this would be kinda like how Overwatch handles Ranked/Competitive.
>
> Let me know if you guys would like to see any other improvements like this in Infinite as well!

Biggest thing I could think of…for ranked

If I lose a game 15 to 50…vs 45 to 50…there should be a difference in how much derank happens man. Just doesn’t make sense to go down a whole progress bar for losing a match by literally 1 point…

> 2533274866022405;1:
> Hello everybody! This is just a short post about some QoL improvements that I thought would be great to have coming from Halo 5 to Halo Infinite. The first thing I would like to see is some kind of rejoin game when you are playing ranked. My internet isn’t the greatest and sometimes I get kicked out of a game because my internet goes off for not even 15 seconds. I think it would be great if you could rejoin the same ranked game so that you could continue and possibly avoid the penalty for leaving a ranked game when you didn’t really mean to. This could also work as a deterrent from leaving ranked games because then you could set it so that people can’t play another game until that ranked game is over if they leave. Basically this would be kinda like how Overwatch handles Ranked/Competitive.
>
> Let me know if you guys would like to see any other improvements like this in Infinite as well!

I quite like the suggestion but it does have some ramifications: if someone quits and has no intention of returning it means the spot on the team cannot be filled. It also potentially rewards someone for a quit if they quit and rejoin and still get rewards (e.g. could be exploited where someone quits a game then rejoins before the end). The game can’t tell the difference between a dc, a crash, and a dashboard/alt+f4. The only kind of quit the game can properly register as a quit is a quit from menu. The only way to guard against abuse would be to penalise rewards at the end of the game (which would disincentivise rejoining anyway).

As annoying as not being able to rejoin can be when it’s a crash or internet issue, it’s that detection which is the problem.

QoL I’d like to see: we know XP boosts are a thing from the Monster Energy promotion. Having a way to auto-set those to apply where available would be good - although the new ones seem time-based rather than per-game

Same here. My internet isn’t the greatest. My xbox also crashes a lot. I’d like to see this kind of improvement for ranked games.

That would be incredibly useful. They added that to Apex and I love it.

I feel there should be a thing where if it [senses] people leaving because of internet issues instead of the actual menu, it lets them rejoin or have no ban penalty

> 2533274874872263;3:
> > 2533274866022405;1:
> > Hello everybody! This is just a short post about some QoL improvements that I thought would be great to have coming from Halo 5 to Halo Infinite. The first thing I would like to see is some kind of rejoin game when you are playing ranked. My internet isn’t the greatest and sometimes I get kicked out of a game because my internet goes off for not even 15 seconds. I think it would be great if you could rejoin the same ranked game so that you could continue and possibly avoid the penalty for leaving a ranked game when you didn’t really mean to. This could also work as a deterrent from leaving ranked games because then you could set it so that people can’t play another game until that ranked game is over if they leave. Basically this would be kinda like how Overwatch handles Ranked/Competitive.
> >
> > Let me know if you guys would like to see any other improvements like this in Infinite as well!
>
> I quite like the suggestion but it does have some ramifications: if someone quits and has no intention of returning it means the spot on the team cannot be filled. It also potentially rewards someone for a quit if they quit and rejoin and still get rewards (e.g. could be exploited where someone quits a game then rejoins before the end). The game can’t tell the difference between a dc, a crash, and a dashboard/alt+f4. The only kind of quit the game can properly register as a quit is a quit from menu. The only way to guard against abuse would be to penalise rewards at the end of the game (which would disincentivise rejoining anyway).
>
> As annoying as not being able to rejoin can be when it’s a crash or internet issue, it’s that detection which is the problem.
>
> QoL I’d like to see: we know XP boosts are a thing from the Monster Energy promotion. Having a way to auto-set those to apply where available would be good - although the new ones seem time-based rather than per-game

That is true that there are ways to definitely abuse the system for sure. I would say a system like this should only be used for Ranked/Competitive modes where there isn’t join-in-progress anyways so the spot would not be filled by anyone regardless. I guess they could make it so the only way you could get rewards at the end of the game is if you actually were present and playing for a good portion of the map, although I imagine that would be a tough thing to program or decide how long that would be.

I agree a setting to auto activate the xp boosts would be extremely helpful. It does get a little annoying in Halo 5 to activate a new booster after every game especially if you have a lot of them stored up. I do hope if they are time based that it goes off of actual in-match playing time rather than what Call of Duty has been doing where you get a 15 minute 2xp boost but it counts down even when you are sitting in a menu waiting to load.

> 2533274866022405;7:
> > 2533274874872263;3:
> > > 2533274866022405;1:
> > > Hello everybody! This is just a short post about some QoL improvements that I thought would be great to have coming from Halo 5 to Halo Infinite. The first thing I would like to see is some kind of rejoin game when you are playing ranked. My internet isn’t the greatest and sometimes I get kicked out of a game because my internet goes off for not even 15 seconds. I think it would be great if you could rejoin the same ranked game so that you could continue and possibly avoid the penalty for leaving a ranked game when you didn’t really mean to. This could also work as a deterrent from leaving ranked games because then you could set it so that people can’t play another game until that ranked game is over if they leave. Basically this would be kinda like how Overwatch handles Ranked/Competitive.
> > >
> > > Let me know if you guys would like to see any other improvements like this in Infinite as well!
> >
> > I quite like the suggestion but it does have some ramifications: if someone quits and has no intention of returning it means the spot on the team cannot be filled. It also potentially rewards someone for a quit if they quit and rejoin and still get rewards (e.g. could be exploited where someone quits a game then rejoins before the end). The game can’t tell the difference between a dc, a crash, and a dashboard/alt+f4. The only kind of quit the game can properly register as a quit is a quit from menu. The only way to guard against abuse would be to penalise rewards at the end of the game (which would disincentivise rejoining anyway).
> >
> > As annoying as not being able to rejoin can be when it’s a crash or internet issue, it’s that detection which is the problem.
> >
> > QoL I’d like to see: we know XP boosts are a thing from the Monster Energy promotion. Having a way to auto-set those to apply where available would be good - although the new ones seem time-based rather than per-game
>
> That is true that there are ways to definitely abuse the system for sure. I would say a system like this should only be used for Ranked/Competitive modes where there isn’t join-in-progress anyways so the spot would not be filled by anyone regardless. I guess they could make it so the only way you could get rewards at the end of the game is if you actually were present and playing for a good portion of the map, although I imagine that would be a tough thing to program or decide how long that would be.
>
> I agree a setting to auto activate the xp boosts would be extremely helpful. It does get a little annoying in Halo 5 to activate a new booster after every game especially if you have a lot of them stored up. I do hope if they are time based that it goes off of actual in-match playing time rather than what Call of Duty has been doing where you get a 15 minute 2xp boost but it counts down even when you are sitting in a menu waiting to load.

Yeesh… yeah losing xp time for menu time is a horrible horrible decision. Really hope 343 are more player friendly than that

What I’ve got to say has nothing to do with this forum but I really wanna ask the devs something that’s been bugging the crap out of me since halo combat evolved and ain’t been improved much since. I personally love what 343 has done with the series despite the fact that I hate how they constantly pull a Disney and say screw the lore. That being said the marines… I was a serviceman myself and watching the marines in all the games has always been painful because their programing is so base line that they are little more than other targets for your enemies to focus on. 343 please for the love of all that is holy please idk take a trip to some training ground some time and patch the marines to at least use cover and try to stay alive heck just using cover effectively would drastically increase their survival and effectiveness. Covenant= superior technology and manpower, humans= superior tactics, training, and innovation.

The ability to forfeit the match if the other team is 25+ kills ahead. The skill gap on launch is huge and usually pushes people away.

Bots for standard multiplayer maps and game types.