Some things just don't change

Just to try and qualify myself I’ve been playing since the CE days and actively participated in the forums since Halo 2. Here’s a simple newsflash: games change. I don’t understand how the same people who complain about the stagnation of CoD can just turn around and complain about the changes in Halo. It just doesn’t make sense to me.

And from what I can tell it doesn’t matter what happens, people will always complain. People complained in Halo 3 when the hit detection was changed, ODST was the jump height and health, Reach was the armor abilities, 4 was…honestly seemed like everything, and now it’s the new features of the beta test (sprint, hover, weapon balance, etc).

Frankly, we as a community need to do more to create a more positive image for ourselves and stop creating unhelpful posts that disparage the game with little rationale or any constructive feedback. It’s not helpful for 343i or for the people who visit these forums and see a bunch of whiners. To those of you creating positive discussions keep up the good work.

This is the 7th halo game. To expect that it is the same as every other Halo game is absolutely ridiculous.

TL;DR break the cycle of complaining and whining about changes to the game. Games evolve.

Things change people complain they didnt stay the same
Things stay the same people complain they didnt change
Solution 404

Been here since the beginning myself. Just what ive noticed over the years.

> 2533274870591903;2:
> Things change people complain they didnt stay the same
> Things stay the same people complain they didnt change
> Solution 404
>
> Been here since the beginning myself. Just what ive noticed over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7As3rOogo I think this explains the internet at it’s best right now.

Thanks for this post…I would love if the halo community stopped the decline…but first the -Yoink- have to go…and I don’t no why ppl who claim to have played halo since CE believe that every person who started with halo CE hates halo 5

Because they think they know whats best for everyone.

> 2533274830513360;3:
> > 2533274870591903;2:
> > Things change people complain they didnt stay the same
> > Things stay the same people complain they didnt change
> > Solution 404
> >
> > Been here since the beginning myself. Just what ive noticed over the years.
>
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7As3rOogo I think this explains the internet at it’s best right now.

100%

> 2535429832531762;4:
> Thanks for this post…I would love if the halo community stopped the decline…but first the -Yoink- have to go…and I don’t no why ppl who claim to have played halo since CE believe that every person who started with halo CE hates halo 5

I don’t understand either. I love all the Halos as individual games and try to not compare them against each other as they all have their own merits and downsides. To claim that Halo 5 is going to be the death of Halo as some people say is just insanity.

> 2533274834812510;7:
> > 2535429832531762;4:
> > Thanks for this post…I would love if the halo community stopped the decline…but first the -Yoink- have to go…and I don’t no why ppl who claim to have played halo since CE believe that every person who started with halo CE hates halo 5
>
>
> I don’t understand either. I love all the Halos as individual games and try to not compare them against each other as they all have their own merits and downsides. To claim that Halo 5 is going to be the death of Halo as some people say is just insanity.

You stop using logic right now.

> 2533274834812510;7:
> > 2535429832531762;4:
> > Thanks for this post…I would love if the halo community stopped the decline…but first the -Yoink- have to go…and I don’t no why ppl who claim to have played halo since CE believe that every person who started with halo CE hates halo 5
>
>
> I don’t understand either. I love all the Halos as individual games and try to not compare them against each other as they all have their own merits and downsides. To claim that Halo 5 is going to be the death of Halo as some people say is just insanity.

Exactly…it’s negativity and hatred for no reason…I know it’s hard to let go of the past but atleast give a chance…a lot of ppl played for one day and just gave up…compared it to halo 2 and said nope not for me

> 2535429832531762;9:
> > 2533274834812510;7:
> > > 2535429832531762;4:
> > > Thanks for this post…I would love if the halo community stopped the decline…but first the -Yoink- have to go…and I don’t no why ppl who claim to have played halo since CE believe that every person who started with halo CE hates halo 5
> >
> >
> >
> > I don’t understand either. I love all the Halos as individual games and try to not compare them against each other as they all have their own merits and downsides. To claim that Halo 5 is going to be the death of Halo as some people say is just insanity.
>
>
> Exactly…it’s negativity and hatred for no reason…I know it’s hard to let go of the past but atleast give a chance…a lot of ppl played for one day and just gave up…compared it to halo 2 and said nope not for me

Problem is they are not Halo fans, they are Halo 2 fans.

Personally I’ve been in and out of the Halo loop since the start, and as I get older, i tend to spread my time out more amongst different games.

Then came TMCC… Started from 1… Trip down memory lane…
Then it hit me… Holy hell- when this game first dropped… THIS WAS IT… This game was lightning fast compared to the competition…
Dabbled into 2, touched 3, went to 4… My god, it just keeps improving!!! I can’t get enough.

fast forward to today, the call of duty’s, the Titanfalls, that old style system can not hold up, evolution is a must, and this looks to be going the right way.

I enjoy all the Halo games, both story and multiplayer- because they are all evolution, they all go a different path, THEY ARE ALL THEIR OWN GAME.

could you imagine-
Chapter 1: ABC
Chapter 2: ABC
Chapter 3: ABC
Chapter 4: ABC

smh

We all invest time on here because we like Halo… WE SHOULD BE ON THE SAME TEAM!!!
Bravo for your post sir… I’m not saying blow happy smoke up dev’s -Yoink-, but we need to make it civil and mature… Basically complete 180 of what the majority is here.

> 2533274830513360;10:
> > 2535429832531762;9:
> > > 2533274834812510;7:
> > > > 2535429832531762;4:
> > > > Thanks for this post…I would love if the halo community stopped the decline…but first the -Yoink- have to go…and I don’t no why ppl who claim to have played halo since CE believe that every person who started with halo CE hates halo 5
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > I don’t understand either. I love all the Halos as individual games and try to not compare them against each other as they all have their own merits and downsides. To claim that Halo 5 is going to be the death of Halo as some people say is just insanity.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Exactly…it’s negativity and hatred for no reason…I know it’s hard to let go of the past but atleast give a chance…a lot of ppl played for one day and just gave up…compared it to halo 2 and said nope not for me
>
>
>
> Problem is they are not Halo fans, they are Halo 2 fans.

No we are halo fans we even stuck it out for the toilet bowl that’s is reach and that crap that is halo 4 but 343 destroys are HMCC then they turn around and make this crap? No more they have officially lost a lot of their fan base because we have stuck it out for so long we are just sick of it. Go play COD and leave halo halo! Not change it to be like that more trash game that is COD!

> 2533274820749748;11:
> Personally I’ve been in and out of the Halo loop since the start, and as I get older, i tend to spread my time out more amongst different games.
>
> Then came TMCC… Started from 1… Trip down memory lane…
> Then it hit me… Holy hell- when this game first dropped… THIS WAS IT… This game was lightning fast compared to the competition…
> Dabbled into 2, touched 3, went to 4… My god, it just keeps improving!!! I can’t get enough.
>
> fast forward to today, the call of duty’s, the Titanfalls, that old style system can not hold up, evolution is a must, and this looks to be going the right way.
>
> I enjoy all the Halo games, both story and multiplayer- because they are all evolution, they all go a different path, THEY ARE ALL THEIR OWN GAME.
>
> could you imagine-
> Chapter 1: ABC
> Chapter 2: ABC
> Chapter 3: ABC
> Chapter 4: ABC
>
> smh
>
> We all invest time on here because we like Halo… WE SHOULD BE ON THE SAME TEAM!!!
> Bravo for your post sir… I’m not saying blow happy smoke up dev’s -Yoink-, but we need to make it civil and mature… Basically complete 180 of what the majority is here.

Couldn’t agree more, and I love the direction that shooters are going these days and I think Titanfall is a great example of that. Halo 5 is going to borrow some of the overall elements in games nowadays while still maintaining the original Halo themes

I’m all for change and evolution.

Doesn’t mean I accept every choice.

> 2533274834812510;1:
> Just to try and qualify myself I’ve been playing since the CE days and actively participated in the forums since Halo 2. Here’s a simple newsflash: games change. I don’t understand how the same people who complain about the stagnation of CoD can just turn around and complain about the changes in Halo. It just doesn’t make sense to me.
>
> And from what I can tell it doesn’t matter what happens, people will always complain. People complained in Halo 3 when the hit detection was changed, ODST was the jump height and health, Reach was the armor abilities, 4 was…honestly seemed like everything, and now it’s the new features of the beta test (sprint, hover, weapon balance, etc).
>
> Frankly, we as a community need to do more to create a more positive image for ourselves and stop creating unhelpful posts that disparage the game with little rationale or any constructive feedback. It’s not helpful for 343i or for the people who visit these forums and see a bunch of whiners. To those of you creating positive discussions keep up the good work.
>
> This is the 7th halo game. To expect that it is the same as every other Halo game is absolutely ridiculous.
>
> TL;DR break the cycle of complaining and whining about changes to the game. Games evolve.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. You can see the hypocrisy of the masses like I can and that makes me happy.

Those that insult and disparage others are the bottom of the barrel that 343 should not IMO listen to. Civilized people like you are what should be listened to.

> 2533274840915012;12:
> > 2533274830513360;10:
> > > 2535429832531762;9:
> > > > 2533274834812510;7:
> > > > > 2535429832531762;4:
> > > > > Thanks for this post…I would love if the halo community stopped the decline…but first the -Yoink- have to go…and I don’t no why ppl who claim to have played halo since CE believe that every person who started with halo CE hates halo 5
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > I don’t understand either. I love all the Halos as individual games and try to not compare them against each other as they all have their own merits and downsides. To claim that Halo 5 is going to be the death of Halo as some people say is just insanity.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Exactly…it’s negativity and hatred for no reason…I know it’s hard to let go of the past but atleast give a chance…a lot of ppl played for one day and just gave up…compared it to halo 2 and said nope not for me
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Problem is they are not Halo fans, they are Halo 2 fans.
>
>
> No we are halo fans we even stuck it out for the toilet bowl that’s is reach and that crap that is halo 4 but 343 destroys are HMCC then they turn around and make this crap? No more they have officially lost a lot of their fan base because we have stuck it out for so long we are just sick of it. Go play COD and leave halo halo! Not change it to be like that more trash game that is COD!

I see people refer to Reach and Halo 4 as trash and the bottom of the pile when it comes to Halo… I just don’t get it…
In Halo, you hear radio traffic about ships dropping supplies for the Marines, Cortana even sees you fighting heavier and heavier enemies so she arranges a rocket launcher and warthog drop for you (which gets shot down), so in Halo 4 they implement drops in MP and ohhhhhh noeeees… WORST GAME EVAR!!!

if in playing Halo, and the thought crosses my mind, hey, wouldn’t it be cool if MC or my spartan could get an air drop?! I go for Halo 4.

Reach… Possibly one of the most well done and emotional video games of all time- and it’s a shooter (says a lot)…
“How is Noble more advanced in Reach then MC in Halo?!”
should Reach have been 8 bit due to it being a prequel?
“Grenades are mini nukes!!!”
thats Halo baby!

instead of -Yoinking!- about every single thing, take them for what they are- an addition to a great story.
Not everything is perfect… There are flaws in everything, but damn man… Find the beauty- life is too short.

> 2533274820749748;16:
> > 2533274840915012;12:
> > > 2533274830513360;10:
> > > > 2535429832531762;9:
> > > > > 2533274834812510;7:
> > > > > > 2535429832531762;4:
> > > > > > Thanks for this post…I would love if the halo community stopped the decline…but first the -Yoink- have to go…and I don’t no why ppl who claim to have played halo since CE believe that every person who started with halo CE hates halo 5
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > I don’t understand either. I love all the Halos as individual games and try to not compare them against each other as they all have their own merits and downsides. To claim that Halo 5 is going to be the death of Halo as some people say is just insanity.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Exactly…it’s negativity and hatred for no reason…I know it’s hard to let go of the past but atleast give a chance…a lot of ppl played for one day and just gave up…compared it to halo 2 and said nope not for me
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Problem is they are not Halo fans, they are Halo 2 fans.
> >
> >
> >
> > No we are halo fans we even stuck it out for the toilet bowl that’s is reach and that crap that is halo 4 but 343 destroys are HMCC then they turn around and make this crap? No more they have officially lost a lot of their fan base because we have stuck it out for so long we are just sick of it. Go play COD and leave halo halo! Not change it to be like that more trash game that is COD!
>
>
> I see people refer to Reach and Halo 4 as trash and the bottom of the pile when it comes to Halo… I just don’t get it…
> In Halo, you hear radio traffic about ships dropping supplies for the Marines, Cortana even sees you fighting heavier and heavier enemies so she arranges a rocket launcher and warthog drop for you (which gets shot down), so in Halo 4 they implement drops in MP and ohhhhhh noeeees… WORST GAME EVAR!!!
>
> if in playing Halo, and the thought crosses my mind, hey, wouldn’t it be cool if MC or my spartan could get an air drop?! I go for Halo 4.
>
> Reach… Possibly one of the most well done and emotional video games of all time- and it’s a shooter (says a lot)…
> “How is Noble more advanced in Reach then MC in Halo?!”
> should Reach have been 8 bit due to it being a prequel?
> “Grenades are mini nukes!!!”
> thats Halo baby!
>
> instead of -Yoinking!- about every single thing, take them for what they are- an addition to a great story.
> Not everything is perfect… There are flaws in everything, but damn man… Find the beauty- life is too short.

I find closing the gap between gameplay and narrative (books, cut-scenes and stories) would be the best thing to happen in Halo. It would make the story much more immersive, meaningful and logical.